Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    mtbr member
    Interesting, that Joystick saddle has the same width and length as the WTB Silverado. I may have to give it a try.
    I only ride bikes to fill the time when I'm not skiing.

mtbr member

Comfortable saddle?

I've tried a lot of the ones mentioned here (and most are good) but none are as comfy (for me) as the SDG Bel Air

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________
    All I can think about is mountain biking... Even when I'm not thinking about mountain biking, I'm thinking about mountain biking.

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    Nukeproof Plasma Trail from CRC has been great. Not to mention the looks

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    I recently bought a Ergon Pro and I'm liking it a lot, no more pain or numbness.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    WTB Pure V - version that has Ti rails and leather is ridiculously comfortable on long rides, 6+ hrs no problem.

mtbr member

WTB Pure V

Quote Originally Posted by mike_mtn View Post
    WTB Pure V - version that has Ti rails and leather is ridiculously comfortable on long rides, 6+ hrs no problem.
    Agree. It's on every bike I own. The Pure V is 148mm x 273mm.
    You can find great prices on the OEM versions too.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Had some prostate problems after a year of riding 5+ days a week. Tried so many saddles (WTB line, Specialized especially), ended up with Selle SMP. LOVE the down turned nose and nice open channel in the middle. A 'taint saver for sure. Like most saddles, you can get a comfy but heavy one for 80-ish bucks, start getting expensive as you cut weight. I have the "Pro" model.

Selle SMP TRK Saddle at BikeTiresDirect

Pro

mtbr member

Comfortable saddle?

I have a WTB Rocket V and while I can see it's well-made and well-designed, it's just way too narrow (127mm?) for my sit bones.
    I also have a no-name similar style saddle that's 150mm wide and while better, I still find it a little narrow.
    But looking at saddles it seems the vast majority stop at around 150mm. What are some of the better wide saddles out there please?
    @dbhammercycle - what kind of riding are you doing on your Brooks Cambium? Is it very hard compared to something like a WTB or does the "hammock effect" actually give you enough cushioning for bumpy trails etc? The Cambium is pretty expensive but I'm attracted to the 162mm width and styling. However I want something comfy for off-road use on a 29er hardtail.
    Thanks...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by occamsrazor View Post
    @dbhammercycle - what kind of riding are you doing on your Brooks Cambium? Is it very hard compared to something like a WTB or does the "hammock effect" actually give you enough cushioning for bumpy trails etc? The Cambium is pretty expensive but I'm attracted to the 162mm width and styling. However I want something comfy for off-road use on a 29er hardtail.
    Thanks...
    The first couple weeks the C17 was on my RM Blizzard (26er) and I was riding some horse trails mostly with some gravel riding. Currently it sits on my SS (650b), both rides are rigid. I've done some inner city riding/commuting and the same trail as mentioned prior also on the SS. Previously, I had a B17 on the RMB and a Pro on the MUSS. Those saddles are both broken in leather Brooks. I have not ridden a WTB for several years now, I remember it being comfortable enough but I obviously moved on. The cambium is more sporty than the B17, in both looks and feel. There is no break in period, the leather saddles took some riding, especially the Pro. The rubber is supple and moves with you when you peddle, like the leather can. I find that riding through some of the bumpier stuff on the SS with the C17 I don't need to be out of the saddle as much as I did with the Pro. Riding comparison with the B17, the C17 was easier to get behind and generally felt the same. My ride times are not more than 1.5hrs. That's about the time I've been alloted during nap time or after the kidlet's bed time by the wife. I would really like to continue riding into the sunset together, me and the saddle, but would eventually be found without an acceptable answer for my blatant disregard of the family's schedule. There are times when I'm peddling hard for a short uphill section and if I stay in the saddle there is more give to the C17 compared to the Pro. I'm not sure you would experience something like that with a plastic saddle. Anyway, I think the benefits of no maintenance (water proofing, cleaning, re-tensioning, etc), water resistance, with the ability to order parts to fix the saddle myself in addition to the ride quality make it a no brainer for me. Having said that, I've been riding Brooks saddles since about 2005ish and my lack of present experience with WTB may mean my opinion may not be the best for you. I would not say it's stiff or hard, there is an immediate give to the saddle like a broken in B17 but I don't think like the padding of the WTB. I have not ridden the saddle through rock gardens or over drops. I have been over rocks and roots as well as some generally bumpy terrain and been very pleased. Like any saddle, the fit is everything, so have a discussion with your LBS and perhaps measure your bones.
    No fuss with the MUSS

mtbr member
    Thanks a lot for the great answer, info much appreciated. Think I'll be getting one...

mtbr member
    Dec 2003

another vote for a wtb Pure V

Recently bought a complete carbon xo1 bike and really wanted to give the saddle it came with a chance. I gave it 4 months, installed my 7 year old, cracked leather, 40 gram lighter Pure V team on it and its so much better.

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    The selle came in the other day and I installed it with a doss dropper.... However for once its raining where I live so I doubt ill get to try it out this week :-/

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    My HT which is mostly used for commuting came with a WTB Vigo that is comfortable enough. My FS AM came with a WTB Rocket which is way too narrow for my sitz bones. I can deal with it for up to 2-2.5 hours with well padded shorts but beyond that it's a real PITA. I ordered a Pure V (oem version from Nashbar is $35) which is slightly wider than the Vigo and I'm pretty confident it is the right size.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    One more vote for Pure V after another round of trying different saddles.

The Pure V is not too mushy for the amount of padding and outstanding for the comfort if you move forward on a climb or pushing back into it.

mtbr member
    I used most of the saddle mentionned above over the years

Wtb are a good choice in general

Brooks, even if they are really comfy, i cant stand them for mtb use, only one good sitting position..if you the type of person who's moving around on its saddle, brooks are a bad choice. But 0perfect for road/touring biking.

The best fit i found over the years are the chromag trailmaster series saddle...comfy whithout being to soft, wide nose to move youweight forward...the best saddle for trail/am in my opinion (at least for me)
    expensive cars are a waste of money. Expensive bikes...not so much!

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    I've given Brooks saddles a go 3X and have concluded, at least for me, they are the most uncomfortable saddle out there. The WTB Silverado, at least for me, is a very comfortable saddle.
    Are you really sure about that?

I have Flat Pedal shame.
    Nov 2011
    I've ridden the Serfas Dual Density for 3 years with no bike shorts and no issues. https://www.serfas.com/products/view...ensity-saddles

I tried the RX model, but the excessive movement tends to rub me the wrong way... if you know what I mean...
    I don't care what you ride or how you ride just as long as you ride.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2