mtbr member

Choosing AM bike on the used market

Yes another one of these threads. Currently riding a diamondback release love the bike but need to be on an XL and Ive also visited a couple bike parks and I want to continue to do so, therefore I'm looking for something with a bit more DH capabilities. But I live in charlotte nc so local trails are very XCish but I'm 2 hours from pisgah and Dupontwhich i love riding as well, so it still needs to pedal well. Looking to buy used, bikes I've considered.
    Bronson: kind of pricey used but I know they pedal pretty good not quite as capable on the downs

Transition patrol: smashes downs but I dont think it would pedal well enough

Transition smuggler: would be a blast but may be under biked in bike park not much experience on 29s

Transition scout: great but a bit small for bike parks

Trek remedy 2017+: not a big trek fan but this seems like a great option.

I honestly prefer aluminum but not opposed to carbon I guess.
    I'm deff a more pick and choose and finesse my way down rocky rooty tech rather than bomb it. But I do enjoy tech stuff but jumping is fun too.

I'm 6'2.5ish so pretty much going to be an xl on all

Thanks!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    May 2010
    What year on the Bronson? If its a v2 (2016_2018) its pretty darn capable on the downs. I take mine to the bike park regularly. It is a pricey bike though.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by kpdemello View Post
    What year on the Bronson? If its a v2 (2016_2018) its pretty darn capable on the downs. I take mine to the bike park regularly. It is a pricey bike though.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    I've seen a couple v2s in alloy that weren't terribly expensive.
    I've since thought about a giant reign as well as they seem to sell for quite cheap

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    What’s your total budget?

mtbr member
    Canfield Riot... lot of great deals on used ones hitting the market right now and shreds for a 29'r. I owned a Bronson... does not pedal as well up or down.

Have FUN!

G MAN
    "There's two shuttles, one to the top and one to the hospital" I LOVE this place!!!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gman086 View Post
    Canfield Riot... lot of great deals on used ones hitting the market right now and shreds for a 29'r. I owned a Bronson... does not pedal as well up or down.

Have FUN!

G MAN
    Budget is around 2500 or so maybe a little more, I'll check it out I do like canfield for the burly aluminum frames. I found a killer deal on a transition sentinel but I think that will be a little much to pedal but wow it would be a beast at the bike parks

mtbr member
    Patrol pedals well. Bronson maybe pedals a touch better but a touch not as capable on the downs. It's pretty damn close though. Both bikes will be able to ride the same tracks

I haven't ridden the other bikes on your list.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    I have been looking at used Specialized Enduros on Pinkbike.com. I am a size L but noticed a few XLs and some in your price range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by plummet View Post
    Patrol pedals well. Bronson maybe pedals a touch better but a touch not as capable on the downs. It's pretty damn close though. Both bikes will be able to ride the same tracks

I haven't ridden the other bikes on your list.
    Thanks for the input that helps a lot, I love everything about the patrol but was kind of worried how it pedals, I've also ridden a bronson and thought it pedaled well, my release is basically the same suspension design as well. I think a patrol is at the top of the list at the moment so many used for sale too, hope to have something at least on the way to me early next week!