mtbr member

Chain Managment Confusion

Med white Mojo HD supposed to arrive in 2 weeks. I was all set to get a full 2012 XO build 2x10. But I dont know what to do about chain managment as I have never had a tensioner or bash.

My Options:

1. Get the XO 2x10 and dont worry about it unless its a problem. I am only thinking about one because of all the talk here and, like everyone, hate when I drop a chain. I hear a 2x10 DM FD should be better then my current 3x9 anyway (but I only have 120mm of travel now). Hitting my chainring is not a big problem now, but my current BB is higher, and I will be starting to go over bigger stuff with the HD

2. Switch to XTR Drive train so I can get the Shadow Plus - Sounds like a nice option, quiet and no chain drops. But I need to find out when it is available, how much more and decide if I want the bling. Perhaps I am crazy but I am a little self conscious about getting xtr since I am no where near the best on the trail and dont want to feel like a poser, somehow in my mind xtr screams bling more then xo.

3.Get a 3x and run it with a bash and get chain guide. New MRP supposed to be coming out soon. But I am worried about guides that only attach to BB and will rotate, that sounds like more of a PIA then a dropped chain.

Thanks!
    Sorry for the IBIS cross post but had not heard anything there.

mtbr member
    1X9 32t/11-36t straitline silent guide. you're on a blinglespeed mojo hd, brother! no time to be shy now!!
    don't sweat the petty things & don't pet the sweaty things

usually cranky
    ^no iscg tabs on the hd. if you want 1x9 you get the mrp guide.

Rider, Builder, Dreamer
    I got to play with the XTR Shadow Plus at the World Cup at Windham.....it's not so "zero movement" as they claim.....