Thread: chain guides

mtbr member
    Jul 2007

chain guides

I am looking to buy a chain guide but i really dont wanna pay $120.00 for something that costs $5 to make....anyone know of any good online sites that have some reasonable prices with good products?

Err
    Calm like a bomb
    Which chainguide are you looking for?

I'm a bit of a fan of the Gamut guides....

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Like this?
    http://www.blackspire.com/chain-guides/stinger
    They are US$25, or $30cdn.
    http://www.pricepoint.com/detail/152...hain-Guide.htm
    Some people say they aren't strong enough for hardcore FR and DH, but they are light, cheap, and work pretty well, and available for all mounting setups (BB, BMXBB, ISCG, ISCG05)

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    I need one for a triple chainwheel sprocket, one that i can shift with...I have a scott Voltage yz 2 if that helps at all

3 "fiddy" for short
    Quote Originally Posted by chillRIDE
    I need one for a triple chainwheel sprocket, one that i can shift with...I have a scott Voltage yz 2 if that helps at all
    Heim makes a guide for three rings. I am using a Stinger on my RFX with 2 rings and I really like it. With considerable use it has only dropped the chain ONCE.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by be350ka
    Heim makes a guide for three rings. I am using a Stinger on my RFX with 2 rings and I really like it. With considerable use it has only dropped the chain ONCE.
    Yeah, big chainrings are overrated anyway.
    I suppose for racing Super D there might be times you want/need a big ring...

Heim guide w/MRP roller

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    do you have to use a bashguard with with the blackspire stinger? and can you run a triple up front? how does it mount?

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    I think I found the answer that it only works on middle and small. Will the stinger fit on a specialized rockhopper pro? If so which mount type do i need. I've been having this issue with chain jump since I got the bike and havent been able to find any advice really on how to fix it. This sounds like what i need. I dont really need the heavy duty $120 stuff I dont think just sumthin to keep my chain in place while riding sum ruff stuff.

3 "fiddy" for short
    Quote Originally Posted by ooten
    I think I found the answer that it only works on middle and small. Will the stinger fit on a specialized rockhopper pro? If so which mount type do i need. I've been having this issue with chain jump since I got the bike and havent been able to find any advice really on how to fix it. This sounds like what i need. I dont really need the heavy duty $120 stuff I dont think just sumthin to keep my chain in place while riding sum ruff stuff.
    Just get a bottom bracket mount stinger. I guess you need to check with what type of BB you are using (external BB or not). If you have an external BB the Stinger will take the place of the spacer that you may have needed.