mtbr member
    Jan 2012

cedric garcia all condition 2.35 tires. any ever.ride these?

I can get a good deal on these. Does anyone have experience with them.?. Im seeking a new front tire to go with either a minion dhf 2.35 60a rear or weirwolf 2.3 Anyone have experience with these? I would just get 2.5 dhf 3c but its out of my budget. The cedric or the nevegal in any model are my price range. I have ahook up. Looks like a good front. Or any other models?

www.derbyrims.com
    I used this tire, Panaracer Cedric Gracia All Condition 2.35 tire, for a DH park rear last year with 650b Neo-moto 2.3 front to slack and lower the overall geometry of my 160mm travel Mojo HD with 170mm X-Fusion fork, and keep the better 650b size for DH for hitting rocks and rolling downhill. There were no 650b tires as grippy as this CG last year, this winter there are some new 650b tires showing up with more DH aggressive knobs and wider spaced edge knobs, better for DH uses.

The CG AC was a better gripping tire than my front so I could use a lot of rear brake and help the front grip better. The compound is not hard, and not sticky, great grip and should last well. It looks a lot like a Minion DHF.
    Last edited by derby; 02-23-2013 at 09:26 AM. Reason: correct spelling for Gracia, sorry Cedric!

FKA Malibu412
    Oh, you mean Cedric GRAcia. I was confuzzled there for a minute.
    "I love the bike. It's my meditation. I think I'm bike-sexual." -Robin Williams

mtbr member
    I rode this tire the front & rear all last season. In short, it's a solid tire that performed admirably in a variety of conditions, to the point that it wasn't worth taking them off to try something else.

It's a predictable tire and I have no complaints really. They have aggressive knobs and a decent long-wearing compound as well. It's important to dial in your tire pressure for the best grip. I ran mine around 30-32psi and i weigh about 180lbs.

If I could make one change, it would be to find a bit more grip in very dry-hard packed when you're pushing it hard. These tires worked best when the knobs could penetrate the soil a bit, so when it's super hard packed you have to pay attention.

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator

Quote Originally Posted by akiracornell View Post
    I can get a good deal on these. Does anyone have experience with them.?. Im seeking a new front tire to go with either a minion dhf 2.35 60a rear or weirwolf 2.3 Anyone have experience with these? I would just get 2.5 dhf 3c but its out of my budget. The cedric or the nevegal in any model are my price range. I have ahook up. Looks like a good front. Or any other models?
    One of my all-time favorite tires, front and rear. Works almost everywhere and in most conditions. Blows the Nevegal away.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dump View Post
    I rode this tire the front & rear all last season. In short, it's a solid tire that performed admirably in a variety of conditions, to the point that it wasn't worth taking them off to try something else.

It's a predictable tire and I have no complaints really. They have aggressive knobs and a decent long-wearing compound as well. It's important to dial in your tire pressure for the best grip. I ran mine around 30-32psi and i weigh about 180lbs.

If I could make one change, it would be to find a bit more grip in very dry-hard packed when you're pushing it hard. These tires worked best when the knobs could penetrate the soil a bit, so when it's super hard packed you have to pay attention.

Would you say it's comparable to a Minion?

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Wondering the same about compared to a minion. I know that Minions in 2.35 are single compound. 60a and the 42a in steel only which is also harder to find. Im gonna give the cg am ac a shot. I like the tread design. Although it looks like a low sidewall. Im gonna run it with a weirwolf rear. Then im gonna do the dhf combo also; with the tacky front and 60a rear to compare set ups and cornering characteriatcs. My guts telling me the cg weirwolf may drift a hair and be really fun.

Wondering the same about compared to a minion. I know that Minions in 2.35 are single compound. 60a and the 42a in steel only which is also harder to find. Im gonna give the cg am ac a shot. I like the tread design. Although it looks like a low sidewall. Im gonna run it with a weirwolf rear. Then im gonna do the dhf combo also; with the tacky front and 60a rear to compare set ups and cornering characteriatcs. My guts telling me the cg weirwolf may drift a hair and be really fun.
    "CG weirwolf" ?!? No such animal.
    mtbtires.com

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Cg weirwolf meaning a cg on the front and a wolf in the rear. Maybe just go double cg idk.
    Last edited by akiracornell; 02-23-2013 at 07:57 PM.

Cg weirwolf meaning a cg on the front and a wolfbin the rear. Maybe just go double cg idk.
    That reply is even more confusing
    mtbtires.com

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Simplemind View Post
    Would you say it's comparable to a Minion?
    Haven't ridden a minion, but I bought a dhf 2.5 60a to try this season. Width wise the CG is definitely a true 2.35" (unlike the maxxis minion 2.35 which runs narrow)

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by shiggy View Post
    "CG weirwolf" ?!? No such animal.
    i want to try a cedric all condition tire for the front and use a weirwolf as a rear tire. Then compare that combo to the dual dhf set up, to see what i like better. So far i dont like the dhf 60a duro upfront all that much. And im not sure why. I would also like to try the cg's front and rear.