mtbr member

CDale Rize4 or Giant Trance X2

I had more or less made up my mind on getting an 09 Trance X2..
    I went into a local shop and he had a Rize4 there, which is like $300 less (Canadian dollars)

I think the Trance has an extra $300 worth of spend to it, but from what I know, the Rize is a great bike too, and I could have some stuff upgraded, and still come in under the pricetag of the TX2.

They both come in white, which I like...

Whats everyone's prefs if people have ridden these bikes? I know the TX2 is 120mm, and the Rize is 130mm. I'm OK with either. I still think they are the closest comparison from either of the 2 bike brands.

Cheers, thanks
    2013 Cannondale F29 2
    2013 Giant Seek 0
    2010 Specialized SX Trail
    2009 Cannondale Rize 4

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    what one fits you better?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tomsmoto
    what one fits you better?
    You know, I wish I could tell you.. It's impossible to see a bike in stock, in my size. All shops carry mediums, which I guess I could still test, but I would really like to compare 2 larges (impossible)

I'm more or less looking for peoples experiences in the cockpit of these bikes, what did you like about each and why type thing.
    2013 Cannondale F29 2
    2013 Giant Seek 0
    2009 Cannondale Rize 4

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    I own a 08 Trance X2 and demod a 09 Rize 3 last fall. Both are very comparable bikes. The Rize was a lefty and I wasn't all that fond of it. I thought the Maestro suspension on the Trance was a little smoother and climbed better. Granted the Trance was mine and I had a lot more time on that. One of the guys I ride with has a Rize 4 and while he likes it he was coming off a Prophet and felt it didn't compare.

Looking at the spec on the Rize 4 the Fox fork is actually 140mm where the lefty fork is 130mm and then the Trance is 120mm.

I think either bike you will be extremely happy with. I would go with whatever seems to be the better deal or is more appealing to you.

mtbr member
    I can get a better price on the Rize4, even with a few upgrades.. I think it's the logical choice, but still having a hard time with the whole choice, because I've always loved the Trances..

Thanks for you input guys.
    2013 Cannondale F29 2
    2013 Giant Seek 0
    2009 Cannondale Rize 4

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    the tx has a 50 foot long headtube and giant specs them with 500 spacers ontop and an even longer fork tube i think i got the wrong impression when i test rode one, the bars are HIGH on those things stock.. felt like a comfort bike.

i love my trance (normal version) though.. fantastic suspensions and extremely high quality frames.. you dont see a whole lot of broken giants.