mtbr member

Carbon Covert or Carbon Nomad?

Hi guys. Need help in deciding between this 2 bikes. I'm switching from my 456 Ti HT to a AM bike and have narrowed down to this 2 bikes base looks/budget. Problem is I have no way to try these 2 bikes from where I am. So I hope to get some opinions over here. I'll be getting the frame only and transfer all my 456 parts over.

I like Nomad's VPP suspension tech (on paper any way) over Covert's single pivot. The climb efficiency seems to be on par but dh capability is doubtful on the Covert base on what I've read so far. One thing I really like about the Covert is the hidden cables. Wished the Nomad had that.

Thanks!
    Let's ride...

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Nomad all day. The covert is nice machine. But the nomad will be everything you want it to be. You'll forget about the hidden cables

Shortcutting Hikabiker
    I would go with the Nomad. I had a Covert and then moved on to a Rune and now a Tracer 2. Both of the virtual pivot bikes rode better. The only thing that the Covert had on the other two was that it jumped easier.
    "Listen here you beautiful *****, I'm about to **** you up with some truth"

mtbr member
    Of those 2 I'd definitely go Nomad. There are a few other similar bikes/similar prices I'd not rule out, Mojo HD, Mach 5.7, or the SB66c. Competitive Cyclist has HD complete bikes for something like $3k, I know you want to transfer parts but...

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Think outside the square a little.....Morewood Sukuma.

mtbr member
    Thanks guys. I've check out Yeti SB66c and it's got quite a few raving reviews. The problem is it costs $500 more than the Nomad. Now I wonder how the Carbon Nomad faired against the SB66c I'm terms of climb and decent prowess.
    Let's ride...

mtbr member
    anyone rode a carbon nomad AND sb66c before? what's your take especially and climbs/decents and why? Pretty torn between the 2 now... covert is out now. thanks...
    Let's ride...

mtbr member
    the 5yrs frame warranty from SC is really appealing compared to Yeti's 2yrs only.
    Let's ride...

Slower But Faster
    The SB66 has a much longer top tube than the Nomad for the same given frame size so check the geometry numbers as you may prefer the fit of one over the other, though you'll obviously have to do that as a paper exercise since you can't test ride.