mtbr member
    May 2012

Cannondale Jekyll MX or Trek Slash 9?

I have an 08 Remedy and loved it. Which one would you pick from the 2? Just can't decide.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    I have really wanted to try the DYAD shock to see how it performs. Both bikes look awesome but don't have any ride time on either. The Slash is about $1k more but has a bit nicer build on it , Reverb, X0 and Kashima as well as a bit more slack head angle. Tough decision...... I kinda like the Jekyll though.

Picture Unrelated
    Ride them both, pick the one you like best.
    Don't you hate it when a sentence doesn't end the way you think it octopus?

mtbr member
    May 2012
    The only one that I can get my hands on is the Jekyll, no body stock slash in my area. Plus I don't think test riding it on parking lot helps. You can't really tell if you have ridden it on trail. Two of my buddies have jekyll, so that won't be a problem. But I like my old remedy which is similar in geo. with the slash but mine came with the 36talas and the slash comes with a 34.
    Just asking people which one they will choose and why.
    Thanks for the input.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    I'd choose the Slash, it's just more bike and will be more stable on the rough, but it might depend on where you ride it. If you do some XC riding as well, the Jekyll might suit better.

mtbr member
    My first concern would be where the DYAD shock would be serviced. Is there anyone local that can service it for you? Ask around.

The Slash has a custom Fox shock as well, you should probably ask if it can be serviced like a normal Fox shock.

I've been burnt once before by a frame with a custom shock (Scott Ransom, same designer as the Jekyll...just saying) and I never want to go through servicing a custom shock again, it was a total nightmare.