Fartographer

Canfield One Test

This is just a little teaser. I went for a ride yesterday with Chris Canfield. He brought two Canfield Ones for us to ride. In case you don't know, that's Canfield Bro's 7 or 8-inch "trail" bike. I'm not looking to replace my Bionicon Golden Willow. But I do want a new DH bike and I think the One fits the way I ride. I'll post more of a review later. Stay tuned...

Canfield Brothers The One User Reviews
    Official Canfield Brothers The One Page

Obligatory photo spam: Picture was taken with a Canon EOS Rebel XSi / 450D and Tokina 12-24mm f/4 AT-X Pro zoom lens. Wanna take pictures like this? Man up and ride with your camera and use PhotographyREVIEW.com to learn to take better pictures!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Back of the camera, back of the pack.

What are you looking at?
    Sweet! Is the One actually climbable?
    Orange Heckler

Blue Pinscher

Fartographer

Climbable

Quote Originally Posted by R1D3R
    Sweet! Is the One actually climbable?
    Definitely. The Talas 36 I got to ride had the ride height adjustment broken and I had on a 20 lb backpack. So I wasn't climbing so well. But when I sat and pedaled, the rear didn't move at all. If I stood up I could see it moving, although I couldn't feel it at all. With a height-adjustable fork (that works) and a normal amount of gear, I have no doubt it will climb great.

trail fairy
    Is that Chris Canfield in the pic and which RS fork is he using is that an 09 proto? Lyrik Totem?

Cheers, anymore thoughts you have of the bike, looks nicely balanced in that pic
    Just riding a muddy trail. . ..

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    sweet shot!

will keep an eye out for the review

Fartographer

Yup

Quote Originally Posted by trailadvent
    Is that Chris Canfield in the pic and which RS fork is he using is that an 09 proto? Lyrik Totem?

Cheers, anymore thoughts you have of the bike, looks nicely balanced in that pic
    Yup, that's Chris. The fork isn't anything fancy. It's a Rock Shox Domain. He says he likes it and they don't cost much. They're heavy, though. And if you wanna be just like Chris, I've got a brand new Domain I'll be happy to sell you (seriously - still in the box).

I'm not ready to say much more about the bike. Gotta ride one with a fork and shock that aren't beat to hell. But I do like it and I'm exloring my suspension options. I'm leaning towards all Marzocchi air. And I might even try an X-Fusion rear air shock. I love the X-Fusion rear on my Bionicon.

mtbr member
    Dec 2003

The Vivid 5.1

and Van 36 RC2 is a very nice combo on that bike. One of these days I'll get around to posting pictures and a review. I do agree that the cockpit is a little short for all around riding. But I have a long torso.