mtbr member
    Jul 2006

Cane Creek Thudbuster Suspension Post

I want to get this seatpost for my mountain bike but my seatpost diameter is 30.2 and i can't get this size. The only available size for this product are 25.4mm, 26.8mm, 27.0mm, 27.2mm, 27.2mm-XL, 30.9mm and 31.6. What size should I get to get it fit 30.2 bike? Please help me...Thank YOu

TNC
    noMAD man
    Get the 27.2 and use a shim. I use 27.2 posts with shims on just about all my bikes that have bigger diameters. That said, I used a Thudbuster on a hardtail and thought it was somewhat of a pogo stick. Have you had a chance to ride one on a bike? Some people like them, though.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by TNC
    Get the 27.2 and use a shim. I use 27.2 posts with shims on just about all my bikes that have bigger diameters. That said, I used a Thudbuster on a hardtail and thought it was somewhat of a pogo stick. Have you had a chance to ride one on a bike? Some people like them, though.

where can i get a shim and what size? is there a standard size.

TNC
    noMAD man

Many sources.

Quote Originally Posted by sherwing2000
    where can i get a shim and what size? is there a standard size.
    Any decent bike shop or online parts supplier should have access to them. At our shop we get them from QBP (big wholesaler) and they're called Problem Solvers. Cane Creek even makes them. They're readily available. They have them in many sizes. You just supply the frame seatpost diameter and the size seatpost you're going to, and they supply the shim. They're also relatively inexpensive.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by TNC
    I have one on my hardtail and it can be a pogo stick - if you aren't using the right elastomer combination and/or are seated on a drop, etc. I find it works wonders while climbing most techy or loose stuff (the rear wheel is more likely to stay stuck to the ground) and just during all around riding. Takes alot of the trail chatter away. Ride with it a few times, then without. The difference can be pretty amazing. Coming off of waterbars, ledges, etc... you do have to be careful to not be on the saddle or you will go BOING! But you shouldn't be on the saddle anyway, unless you want bent rails or seatposts. I know from experience..... Ha.
    "Making the simple complicated is commonplace; making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity."

~ Charles Mingus

mtbr member
    Jun 2005

always was curious about using this on a fully

setup the suspension to be super efficient (stiff) able to take larger drops w/o bottoming, and still remove the little stutter bumps and chatter with the thudbuster... may be interesting.

Who are the brain police?
    On a fully? That would push the kind of people that have issues with risers and bar ends right off the edge...
    The Who - Glittering Girl
    Ween - The Grobe
    Yellowman - Strong Me Strong
    all your base are belong to us