mtbr member
    Dec 2012

Can I put a 140mm fork in a Merida One-Twenty frame?

I haven't bought it yet. A One-Forty would be good but I have a new rear wheel with QR so it wouldn't fit and changing the hub to a 12mm thru axle hub would cost me a lot. (even more if I'd get a new wheel)
    I don't know if the one twenty would have good geometry with a 140mm fork so thats why I ask the experts.
    Last edited by trailrider24; 01-14-2013 at 08:55 AM.

mtbr member
    putting a 140mm fork on the one-twenty (which was designed around a 120mm fork) would slacken out the head angle a little under 1deg and raise the bb height slightly.

It probably would not be the end of the world, but I would be concerned about voiding manufacture warranty and would touch base with Merida before I purchase to see if a 140mm fork would void the warranty on their frame.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    I wouldn't limit my choice of bike because of a rear hub, the frame/geometry is the most important part of your ride.

mtbr member
    The head angle on a one-twenty is already pretty slack (69 degrees). It is quite a relaxed steerer. 140 mm likely won't make a huge difference, but it will made an already relaxed bike even more relaxed.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Thanks for the answers! I'll see what deals will the stores offer, maybe I change the hub or I could get a 120mm Reba with 15mm thru axle cheap.