mtbr member
    Feb 2009

can i get some help?? Specialized p.2

I just bought a specialized p .2 out of the classified adds. i dont know shat about mountain bikes. i know enough and have done enough research to know that the shocks are shot. completely dead..... so im looking to get some new forks but i dont know what size or what brand i should get. i am a cheap bastard and dont want to pay more than 150. i plan on finding a good deal on ebay or craigslist. any ideas?????
    on the bottom of the bike it says the size is a long... here is a pic of the bike....
    and i have no idea what size the bike is (inch wise)
    http://photo.pinkbike.com/photo/504/pbpic504457.jpg[/URL]

mtbr member
    You got what seems to be a Manitou fork, and it is probably cheaper to send it to be rebuild - as with a new one you would have to pay for installation anyway (as you do not know anything by your admission).
    Something that is suitable will likely run you around $250 - like Marsocchi Dirt Jumper.

mtbr member
    What makes you say the forks are "dead"? I only ask, to save you the money of new forks. As Curmy says, it's quite likely that a strip down and rebuild may fix the issue and save you a lot of money. If you haven't already - might be time to introduce yourself to your local bike shop... Advice should be free!

Good luck and enjoy the enjoy the bike.

COOL BUZZ & TASTY S-TRACK

Fix it your self

Those Sherman or Stance forks are easy to work on. Get some Enduro seals, some fork oil and rebuild yourself. Here is a pictorial instructions for Manitou Sherman Flick.

I'm not sure what model Sherman or Stance, but there are very much the same to work on. Some of the Stance models may not have semi-bath oil for lubrication (just grease), This might be your problem, there is not the proper lube in the fork. Once you install Enduro seals, you can make it a semi-bath fork and everything will be smooth sailing. You might need some o-rings installed on the bottom of the rebound shaft and the bolt on the spring side. I have found on my son's Stance there was already o-rings in place, even though it wasn't a semi-bath fork.

The fork will work great for you with some TLC. Take the time and rebuild it. If you have any questions, post away, there is plenty of people here to help.

The bike looks great you will have fun on it, I had two of these p2 myself. I also have a Sherman Firefly on one of my bikes.
    I can fix it............... my dad has an awesome set of tools