mtbr member

Buy now or Buy later?

Hello everyone
    At the moment I'm riding my k2 sidewinder witch has been holding up pretty good(with the exception of the pinch flat from local bike park)
    But im just itching to start my S.C Heckler built. just wondering whats the best time of the year to start buying parts ?

mtbr member
    any time is good. Enough people ride all year long that parts can usually be found at any bike shop at any moment. If you're referring to waiting for the next year's latest ad greatest new stuff, that is a bit harder. A lot of companies release their new stuff around the time of Sea Otter (April) or Interbike (September).

Since those two big events are so spread out, it's pretty much guaranteed that any new stuff you get, in a few months something better will come out. Like the people who just spent their life savings to get an XX1 drivetrain, only to have the cheaper but still excellent X01 drivetrain announced this month. It's frustrating, but it always happens. I say don't wait. Start building asap and don't worry when something new comes out. Your bike will still be very rad.
    tangaroo: What electrolytes do chicken and turkey have again?
    rck18: All of them, because they're meat.

I Tried Them ALL... Moderator
    Agree - begin building your dream bike NOW. Check, eBay, Craigslist for new and used parts....which is the FUN part of building your own, custom ride. The sooner you're out there on the Heckler....the BETTER!
    "The mind will quit....well before the body does"

mtbr member
    thank you guys for your input. The reason I was stalling was because I though parts were cheaper in winter because being off season and all. but if that's not the case i'm
    about to start attacking my watch list on ebay

mtbr member
    yeah, parts unfortunately never get much cheaper. Good luck and happy building!
    tangaroo: What electrolytes do chicken and turkey have again?
    rck18: All of them, because they're meat.