shred my gnar

Butcher or Der Kaiser Tubeless

x-post from wheels/tires...

running a dhf on mavic 823 up front right now and would like to go with something thats a true 2.5...

ive been running the dhf tubeless with stans and had zero issues. wondering if anyone has tried the butcher dh or der kaiser with that set-up. saw one review on the der kaiser that said it didnt hold air (tubeless) which obviously doesnt sound too promising.

im open to other tires as well... specifically looking for something that is a true 2.5 and is designed with predominately longitudinal knobs/sipes (like the dhf or butcher) vs transverse knobs/sipes (like the dhr or muddy mary) and i can run tubeless.

also, any 2.5ish ust tires out there???

any thoughts?

mtbr member
    Jan 2003
    I have a 2.3 Butcher set up tubeless on a 823 on my hard tale and have run them with success on old DH bike with Stan's Flows. No issues with burping. Great tires.

I've never used the Der Kaier but tried running the UST Conti Rubber Queens on my Flows and while the traction was great they blew off the rim way more then I would like. I put them in the trash.

usually cranky
    2bliss tires set up tubeless zip bop boop so easy. no 2.5 though.

shred my gnar
    Quote Originally Posted by PepperJester View Post
    I have a 2.3 Butcher set up tubeless on a 823 on my hard tale and have run them with success on old DH bike with Stan's Flows. No issues with burping. Great tires.

I've never used the Der Kaier but tried running the UST Conti Rubber Queens on my Flows and while the traction was great they blew off the rim way more then I would like. I put them in the trash.
    yikes on the rubber queens... wouldnt that blow-off be due to a ust tire on a non-ust rim? im essentially doing the same in reverse with the non ust tire on a ust rim but have had good experiences thus far.

i can pick-up a der kaiser on jenson for $65 so im tempted to give it a try... BUT the butcher is sounding more promising the more research i do. decisions, decisions...