mtbr member
    Jun 2014

Bought first Mountain bike.

I bought a used 2011 Trex Remedy 7. The guy I bought it from had bought it as a leftover and used it for two years. He is a avid rider and has lots of bikes and participates in races ect. The bike seen allot of rock gardens ect and has a some normal scratches on the frame no cracks or dents I checked carefully.

I got to test ride it little this morning as I only picked it up last night. He included some plastic pedals, because he uses clip on's, and put on the plastic one's that he bought once because he forgot his clip on ones.
    After riding for 10 minutes one of the pedals came off. I took the bike into my LBS and he's going to order the new part and tune up the bike. Otherwise it rode real good for the 10 minutes it worked.

He included the original tires that came with it, as he only used them for a week, the tires on it are excellent and good quality. I'll keep the originals as spares as they seemed pretty thin grade rubber.

I think the guy I bought it from said he did all of his own servicing, I don't know how anyone strips the threads on a crank but that's what I got.

So I paid $1060.00.
    I bought it in New York as I am In New Jersey, Round trip tolls were $28.00 plus gas.
    LBS will at least be 90.00 for tune up plus parts. ect

So I'm probable be close to 1200.00 before I can ride it, which was his original asking price.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bought first Mountain bike.-photo-11-.jpg  

Bought first Mountain bike.-photo-10-.jpg  

Bought first Mountain bike.-photo-9-.jpg  

Bought first Mountain bike.-photo-8-.jpg  

Bought first Mountain bike.-photo-6-.jpg  

Bought first Mountain bike.-photo-5-.jpg  

Bought first Mountain bike.-photo-4-.jpg  

Bought first Mountain bike.-photo-3-.jpg  

Bought first Mountain bike.-photo-1-.jpg  

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    It's not that easy to strip the threads on a crank unless you don't know what your'e doing.

So, if the previous owner did that, and also told you he did all of the maintenance on the bike, don't be surprised if that isn't the only mechanical issue it has. The pics look nice, but pics don't tell the whole story.

Good luck with it.
    Re-Cycled Person who rides a mountain bicycle.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Ray View Post
    It's not that easy to strip the threads on a crank unless you don't know what your'e doing.

So, if the previous owner did that, and also told you he did all of the maintenance on the bike, don't be surprised if that isn't the only mechanical issue it has. The pics look nice, but pics don't tell the whole story.

Good luck with it.
    Thanks - I guess I'll find out shortly..

mtbr member
    Nice bike, hope you have lots of fun with it. Even if you have to put a little $$ into it don't be discouraged, bicycling isn't cheap and will require regular maintenance and replacement of parts.
    To appreciate the flowers you must also walk among s**t to know the difference

mtbr member
    nice bike, but stripping out cranks, what a newb lol

good luck
    2010 GT Avalanche Expert

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by nauc View Post
    nice bike, but stripping out cranks, what a newb lol

good luck
    I purchased the bike with the stripped crank it wasn't me. I better buy a fox seal kit and relplace the lower seals and oil. I hope there is oil in it.
    Last edited by Tom-Cat; 06-17-2014 at 07:48 PM. Reason: change my mind