mtbr member
    Apr 2013

bmx switched to mountain,,,,, good and bad products??

hey all, i have bmx pretty much since i was 10 and in the past year or so i have layed down the 20" and picked up a mountain bike, and come to find out i fricking love it and its a hell of a workout. so i picked up a really nice specialized hardrock comp 26" and its at the shop now getting a tun up and some new rims,,,, so when things do break and or i wanna upgrade, what should i look at and what should i not,,brand wise.

mtbr member
    It's hard to go wrong these days. Most of the poor suspension designs have gone by the way side. I think the best thing you can do is define your riding ste and find a bike that fits that style. If you are riding trails on the XC/Trail side of things find a shorter travel, snappy and lighter bike. If you are riding more on the DH side of things find a bike with more travel and can take the abuse.

Demo as many bikes as you can and find what works for you. Coming from a BMX background I imagine you would have a lot of fun on something like the Specialized Stumpy EVO.

Where are you riding?

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    im riding fort custer in augusta, mi, they have 3 hard 8 mile trails, and there are a few more good trails as well. my bike now seems to work out pretty good, course i havn't had anything to compare it to yet but people tell me its a good bike. one thing is the seat is destroyed on it so im looking for a good yet comfortable seat, any suggestions?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by grassmarine762 View Post
    one thing is the seat is destroyed on it so im looking for a good yet comfortable seat, any suggestions?
    Seat comfort is very subjective, go to your LBS and try a few on for size and buy one. Mount it up and hit the trail.