aka greyranger

Blur LTC vsMach 5,7c

With SC blowing out the Blur ltc, for $1500 is the 5.7 really $1000 better? Try to make a choice between the two.

aka greyranger

????

Nobody has any input?

I'm with stupid
    my vote would be no... but I have no time on a 5.7

mtbr member
    The Blur can fit 650b wheels if you are so inclined.
    I would highly recommend that set-up. It was the best upgrade I ever made to my Alu. blur LT2. If you have a fox fork, use part of the cash you save on 650b rims and tires.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    The BLTc is a sweet bike, and an incredible deal at $1500. I've owned two carbon Blurs and an alloy one. I've only demoed a 5.7 alloy (at Deer Valley resort in Park City). I currently own an ibis HD 140 (in the process of converting it to 160).

It would be tough to go back to the Blur after spending time on the ibis. The ibis just feels better in almost every way (they are all incredible bikes). As far as the Pivot goes I find it difficult to fully assess a bike from a demo. I like to spend time on a bike before making my mind up, however, the 5.7 felt closer to the Blur than the ibis (not what I was expecting). Both the Blur and the 5.7 felt a little rougher in the chatter when going down. The ibis feels more plush. They all climb extremely well. Fit is a little different on the Pivot as well.

To be fair a closer comparison would include the SLR rather than the HD 140. Why not consider ibis too?

I'm not a big fan of how the Blur's lower link/pivots hang down below the BB. The carbon really takes a beating down there, and the whole thing collects a lot of dirt. This may be less of a problem depending on your riding conditions though.

mtbr member
    I'd take a BLTc over Mach 5.7 at the same price. With that price difference it's a no brainer for me.

aka greyranger

Ibis

Quote Originally Posted by SweatyBiscuit View Post
    The BLTc is a sweet bike, and an incredible deal at $1500. I've owned two carbon Blurs and an alloy one. I've only demoed a 5.7 alloy (at Deer Valley resort in Park City). I currently own an ibis HD 140 (in the process of converting it to 160).

It would be tough to go back to the Blur after spending time on the ibis. The ibis just feels better in almost every way (they are all incredible bikes). As far as the Pivot goes I find it difficult to fully assess a bike from a demo. I like to spend time on a bike before making my mind up, however, the 5.7 felt closer to the Blur than the ibis (not what I was expecting). Both the Blur and the 5.7 felt a little rougher in the chatter when going down. The ibis feels more plush. They all climb extremely well. Fit is a little different on the Pivot as well.

To be fair a closer comparison would include the SLR rather than the HD 140. Why not consider ibis too?

I'm not a big fan of how the Blur's lower link/pivots hang down below the BB. The carbon really takes a beating down there, and the whole thing collects a lot of dirt. This may be less of a problem depending on your riding conditions though.
    I have rode the Ibis 160, Iiked it aboout the same as the Pivot. There is a local Pivot and SC dealer.

aka greyranger
    Thanks all for the input, going to the shop tomorrow to get more info on the Pivot price.

mtbr member
    Been looking at the blur for my first fs bike...... I need something I can ride single trail and yet still jump and ride a lil park on..... Does the blt fit this? How is it in the air? Or should I keep leaning towards the reign/enduro

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by redranger View Post
    With SC blowing out the Blur ltc, for $1500 is the 5.7 really $1000 better? Try to make a choice between the two.
    I have owned a BlurLT since they first came out and it is great bike and carbon would be even better. I would by another one again without hesitation. I cannot speak for the Mach.

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Blur LTc is a great bike, i have been riding one since 2 years ago with no real complains about its performance. I have no experience with the 5.7 but i dont think that its suspension design is superior to the SCīs VPP, according to other threads they are similar leaving the final choice to the tastes of the rider.
    For 1000$ less i would go for the BLTc and use the money saved to get a better fork or a good set of wheels wich are in my opininon the best items to upgrade in a ride...Apart from the rider...

aka greyranger
    Thanks all, by the time I went to the SC site the Blut ltc were gone. Got a Pivot mach 5.7 for $2200