mtbr member
    Apr 2018

Bike hijackers on trails

I have never experienced this once after a couple dozen times out on the trail. It seems that it's picking up more traffic as the year goes by. Majority of the time its just hikers enjoying their walk in the forest or other fellow mountain bikers.

But this time there were 3 people hiding out on the trail trying to hijack a bike. I was able to see them and it was really suspicious. Once I got a little closer they started sprinting towards me and I'm pretty sure it wasn't to say hi and pat me on my back. I had enough distance and time to turn around and get away. But this sure did get my heart pumping and angry.

I contacted the police about this occurrence. This wasn't the first time I've seen suspicious things on the trail. There were cases of sabotage and logs being hidden and put on the trail around February. I remember having a talk with another mountain biker about a man dug pothole in the middle of a descent. It was pretty obvious someone was messing around with the trails instead of nature taking its course.

I would also like to note this isn't the best place to live. So I don't know about you guys. But so far this last experience really turned me off.

I am Walt
    Walkers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ride more; post less...

mtbr member
    Apr 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by EthanKasier View Post
    I have never experienced this once after a couple dozen times out on the trail. It seems that it's picking up more traffic as the year goes by. Majority of the time its just hikers enjoying their walk in the forest or other fellow mountain bikers.

But this time there were 3 people hiding out on the trail trying to hijack a bike. I was able to see them and it was really suspicious. Once I got a little closer they started sprinting towards me and I'm pretty sure it wasn't to say hi and pat me on my back. I had enough distance and time to turn around and get away. But this sure did get my heart pumping and angry.

I contacted the police about this occurrence. This wasn't the first time I've seen suspicious things on the trail. There were cases of sabotage and logs being hidden and put on the trail around February. I remember having a talk with another mountain biker about a man dug pothole in the middle of a descent. It was pretty obvious someone was messing around with the trails instead of nature taking its course.

I would also like to note this isn't the best place to live. So I don't know about you guys. But so far this last experience really turned me off.
    Depending where I ride, I often carry a Kimber CDP II Ultra 45, sometimes a spare magazine. On some rides, there is over 50,000 USD over 8 bikes on display. A young girl was murdred on one of my favorite trail that was in a very nice area. That scum is rotting in jail till death. I am ready to protect my party and anyone I encounter in distress. I am not paranoid, just prepared.

mtbr member
    Well. That's completely useless information.

mtbr member
    Apr 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by MSU Alum View Post
    Well. That's completely useless information.
    Useless information like in MSU report on the scum bag doctor that exonerates MSU?

mtbr member
    dont ride alone and carry protection. one of my dads friends was fishing with his wife, and 3 guys came at them real quick. he lifted his shirt up just enough to reveal his gun, they turned and ran

assholes are everywhere