mtbr member
    Nov 2005

best Time pedal for AM / freeride?

Greetings.

My Time pedals are burnt toast.

Of the dozen or models out there, what's the best nexxus between performance, price and ***durability*** for freeriding / trail riding?

Thanks!

local trails rider
    If you need to ride unclipped, or frequently re-start in the middle of a tricky climb, the Z is the obvious choice. If you do not need the platform, ATAC XE or XS will be fine. The titanium and carbon models just save a few grams.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by perttime
    If you need to ride unclipped, or frequently re-start in the middle of a tricky climb, the Z is the obvious choice. If you do not need the platform, ATAC XE or XS will be fine. The titanium and carbon models just save a few grams.
    I've had a pair of the Z, and dig them - highly recommended.

But I think I'll try XE or XS to a) get more clearance and b) save weight. Thanks for the tip.

But for anyone moving on to gnarlier trails - and wants to clip on the hairy sections - check out the Z.

mtbr member
    I've got both ATAC Carbons and Z clipless...and those Z climpless add about 1lb to my machine, so I avoid using them unless I'm shuttling. They're great to have for security, but its quite a weight penalty to pay, so give it good thought before commiting to them as a full time pedal if you're climbing a lot.

-kcavt