I'm getting back into riding for fitness I weigh 220pounds (100kg) and am 6' 2"
My last bike (don't laugh) was a "proflex animal" full suspension. Thing have moved on.
So by "current" definition, I assume I'm looking at a "All Mountain" style full suspension. My favourite riding has always been walking tracks, so often involves lots of carrying and slow technical descents. Ascents if enough energy...
So here is the brief in order of importance:
1) I'll be riding for enjoyment (no racing)
2) Like a tight turning responsive geometry (not layed out and long)
3) High clearance on BB
4) 5" to 6" travel
5) will still want to descend at speed (not crazy speed)
Currently got my eye on:
* 2008 Yeti 575 Enduro
* 2008 Rize 2 or 3
* Is there much of a change in frame from Yeti 575 from 2007 to 2008
* Spec say I should be on the Large yeti, but have ridden the Medium (at shop) and don't mind the medium frame - is going with a smaller frame work better in context of technical riding?
So what do you recommend? Do you ride similar tracks.
I live in Sydney, but will be in Seattle (with stop in Hawaii) next week, so could pick up a bike here or in US.
BTW: my other great passion is Kitesurfing see
Results 1 to 6 of 6
Check out the hottest mountain bike products from these brands!
See All Interbike Coverage - Click Here »