8 9.20%
  • Yeti sb66

26 29.89%
  • Turner RFX

5 5.75%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    banned

Best am shootout

I am going to built a 6 inch+ all mountain bike this bike will most likely replace my Turner spot money is not an issue but I will build it with sense so no thousand dollar cranks or 2000 dollar wheels. But a light and functioning real long legged beauty
    So here is the choice of frames I would like your opinions

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    You forgot the one bike that stomp's your whole list. Enduro

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mtb-ripper View Post
    Ahh dude with all due respect. I don't need a 1 season bike

mtbr member
    I was between the HD an a sb-66. I may have ended up with a yeti but... wanted the 36mm stansion forks and 160mm as my current bike is 150mm with 32mm stansions an is shaky on downhills. I also wanted an all around bike that could do the park from time to time an just thought I would be better off with an HD, so ordered one. plus, yeti carbon frame isn't due out till after december.....
    determined to put the "mountain" back in "MOUNTAIN BIKING!!!" "HIT IT!"
    2012 MOJO HDeeeeeeee!!!!
    2010 scott CR1 comp

banned
    Hd is a great choice
    I am leaning towards the knolly or FXR not sure yet but I will also go 36. Float

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by manchvegas View Post
    I was between the HD an a sb-66. I may have ended up with a yeti but... wanted the 36mm stansion forks and 160mm as my current bike is 150mm with 32mm stansions an is shaky on downhills. I also wanted an all around bike that could do the park from time to time an just thought I would be better off with an HD, so ordered one. plus, yeti carbon frame isn't due out till after december.....
    The sb-66 is designed around both 150 and 160 (36 and lyrik) forks.
    2013 Medium Santa Cruz Blur Trc in Matte/Silver, full XT kit, 1x10 with 32T wolftooth ring, 25 pounds 7 ounces

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mtb-ripper View Post
    Agree, go for enduro. Geo and suspension feel are very good!

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LeChat View Post
    Agree, go for enduro. Geo and suspension feel are very good!
    I will not purchase any product from specialized not even a pair of gloves, so please do not mention that name

mtbr member
    These threads tend to be useless. All you'll get is people suggesting what they own. No one can say they've owned all the bikes on your list, so how are they supposed to pick the best one? There is no best one. Choose the one YOU want and test ride what you can. Strangers aren't going to do a very good job picking a bike for you.
    "Don't feel bad. A lot of people have no talent"

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    What about the SC Carbon Nomad? BTW, buy the bike that fits you best.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    voted for the HD, becase i have one (actually i have two, HD160/160, HD140/150)

i like it more everytime i ride it, prety well does exactly what i wanted
    not riden any of the others but did consider, SC Blur LT (too steep/short/tall) SC Nomad
    and
    unfortunalely for you
    Spesh Stump EVO or Spesh Enduro
    had an ;09 Enduro before the HD (or HD's) (and a Pitch before that and a Demo 7 at the same time)
    loved the geo on the Spesh's but the FSR suspension is nothing on the DW link

it's your choice....

Zombie Uprising
    You should definitely replace the RFX (non-existent bike yet) with the SC Nomad Mk2 (either alu or carbon).
    There is no point in comparing a bike that does not even exist yet. Unless you are referring to old the RFX (judging from the other bikes on your list, I assume not), in which case again the Nomad is a better AM bike.
    Another very good option would be the Pivot Firebird.

banned
    I am very surprised no Foes fans out there ??

Founder: Dirty3hirties
    Quote Originally Posted by Artin Aga View Post
    I am very surprised no Foes fans out there ??
    You pretty much seem to be looking at only 2 models: Chilcotin or FXR. If you wanted reviews of those bikes, it's probably going to be easier/more productive for you to be more specific. You're going to have to try to narrow it down. Also, you're getting a lot of "get an HD" replies. If that's not what you want to hear and want more support for the FXR or Knolly, don't be upset if that's not what's happening.

You can see from your replies that people are just tossing out names of bikes you didn't specifically mention (i.e. Enduro, Nomad, Firebird). However you shouldn't be surprised.

I completely agree with this

Quote Originally Posted by dunerinaz View Post
    These threads tend to be useless. All you'll get is people suggesting what they own. No one can say they've owned all the bikes on your list, so how are they supposed to pick the best one? There is no best one. Choose the one YOU want and test ride what you can. Strangers aren't going to do a very good job picking a bike for you.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Go demo a frame/bike for gods sake. If you have money to throw down on a 2k+ frame, then you can spend the $60 to demo one...

BTW, the enduro is one hell of a frame. Unless you are a total hack, that frame is gonna be around for a while (havent seen/heard of any broken ones yet). Maybe you should demo one before your preconceptions sway you. DW/VPP is a great suspension design, but a properly set up single pivot can feel just as good. Plus, you'll save a grand in the process.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dunerinaz
    These threads tend to be useless. All you'll get is people suggesting what they own. No one can say they've owned all the bikes on your list, so how are they supposed to pick the best one? There is no best one. Choose the one YOU want and test ride what you can. Strangers aren't going to do a very good job picking a bike for you
    Exactly! I've never even had the opportunity to even ride any of them, how could anyone other than a professional reviewer have a clue which is the best bike?

banned
    [QUOTE=ddraewwg;8419420]You pretty much seem to be looking at only 2 models: Chilcotin or FXR. If you wanted reviews of those bikes, it's probably going to be easier/more productive for you to be more specific. You're going to have to try to narrow it down. Also, you're getting a lot of "get an HD" replies. If that's not what you want to hear and want more support for the FXR or Knolly, don't be upset if that's not what's happening.

You can see from your replies that people are just tossing out names of bikes you didn't specifically mention (i.e. Enduro, Nomad, Firebird). However you shouldn't be surprised.

I am not upset nor am I surprised
    I would consider the HD and the Carbon Nomad but the Enduro ?? Not a chance there will never be anything from Specialized in my House. I won a helmet from Specialized, a raffle at some race years ago and I gave it to some kid in ten seconds.

mtbr member
    [QUOTE=Artin Aga;8419854]
    Quote Originally Posted by ddraewwg View Post
    You pretty much seem to be looking at only 2 models: Chilcotin or FXR. If you wanted reviews of those bikes, it's probably going to be easier/more productive for you to be more specific. You're going to have to try to narrow it down. Also, you're getting a lot of "get an HD" replies. If that's not what you want to hear and want more support for the FXR or Knolly, don't be upset if that's not what's happening.

I am not upset nor am I surprised
    I would consider the HD and the Carbon Nomad but the Enduro ?? Not a chance there will never be anything from Specialized in my House. I won a helmet from Specialized, a raffle at some race years ago and I gave it to some kid in ten seconds.

Why the hate for spesh

I own an enduro and its an incredible bike ,cant see me trading it for some time.

Defo go test ride one if you can.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mrniceguy42 View Post
    Go demo a frame/bike for gods sake. If you have money to throw down on a 2k+ frame, then you can spend the $60 to demo one...

BTW, the enduro is one hell of a frame. Unless you are a total hack, that frame is gonna be around for a while (havent seen/heard of any broken ones yet). Maybe you should demo one before your preconceptions sway you. DW/VPP is a great suspension design, but a properly set up single pivot can feel just as good. Plus, you'll save a grand in the process.
    Ahh I have ridden an Enduro my brother uses it for his guest bike
    He picked it up dirt cheep put some nice parts on it and now friends that want to go ride with us he lends it to them
    I have ridden this frame (2010) I would say at least 50 kM of mixed trails. My 38 lb Knolly DT climbs better turns better handless better then that 32 lb Enduro

Guys I have tested all the bikes exempt for the RFX I know what I like. I just wanted your opinions on my list
    Stop it with Specialized I don't care if it was made of F in Unobtainuim and diamonds I will never by one , It's personal.

usually cranky
    did spec murder your parents or something? also get rid of the rfx, it doesnt even exist.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by b-kul View Post
    did spec murder your parents or something? also get rid of the rfx, it doesnt even exist.
    No spec did not kill my parents But Trek killed my favorite bike company. Klein. But that is another debate
    As for the RFX well can't change that now so play along

banned
    I did take a good look at a mojo hd today. I must say it looks impressive I think I am going to demo one this weekend

ZEN RIDER!
    Pivot 5.7 or the Firebird
    Life in every breath

usually cranky
    so you misplace your anger at trek on specialized? logical.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by nightofthefleming View Post
    The sb-66 is designed around both 150 and 160 (36 and lyrik) forks.
    Voted Mojo HD because I have one and love it every time I get on. I'm sure the yeti is awesome too and wouldn't be disappointing in the least. On the suspension subject though you can swap the rear shock and chips to make it 140mm rear. The bike is designed to run anywhere from 140mm-180mm fork amazingly.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast