Best AM grips?

Printable View

• 06-29-2011
    juancho142
    Best AM grips?
    IŽd like to get some new grips soon, what do you guys think of these ones?

Answer Fall Line DH

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/$(KGrHqIOKpU...LkWzg~~0_3.JPG

http://cgi.ebay.com/Answer-Fall-Line...#ht_1572wt_932
  • 06-29-2011
    tim_fsr
    ERgon GA1
    Got a pair in the spring, been riding for about 3 months now. Love them! much more comfortable than my old Oury and ODI. It took 2 rides of thinking with the position to get it right, but they provide a better grip feeling and more sense of control. Well worth the money.
  • 06-29-2011
    b-kul
    i like thin grips, i use sram lock ons, what you have pictured is thin too. decide if you want thick or thin or ergo and buy accordingly.
  • 06-29-2011
    Haus Boss
    Just curious, what constitutes an AM Grip for you?

Personally, I like a grip that has a larger diameter than normal. Lizard Skin North Shore grips are great if you don't like the pencil grip feeling that some other grips have.
  • 06-29-2011
    Pau11y
    Oury Lock-ons
    Best grip for AM, DH, or just yanking on your pud :D
  • 06-29-2011
    fotu
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Haus Boss View Post
    Just curious, what constitutes an AM Grip for you?

Personally, I like a grip that has a larger diameter than normal. Lizard Skin North Shore grips are great if you don't like the pencil grip feeling that some other grips have.

An all mountain grip is a little more flickable than an xc grip, but lets you climb much better than a free ride grip.

Basically, it is a grip for a beginner that has enough money to buy a bougie full suspension bike to compensate for a lack of skill/experience. Kind of like a dirt oriented Fred grip. They use grips like this all over the West Coast. Duthie Hill here in the Seattle area is a great place to use a AM grip, and you see them on lots of AM bikes on bootcamp.
  • 06-29-2011
    morandi
    The Renthal Kevlar grips are amazing, unfortunately they are not yet available in a lockon version.
  • 06-29-2011
    Haus Boss
    Quote:

Originally Posted by fotu View Post
    An all mountain grip is a little more flickable than an xc grip, but lets you climb much better than a free ride grip.

Basically, it is a grip for a beginner that has enough money to buy a bougie full suspension bike to compensate for a lack of skill/experience. Kind of like a dirt oriented Fred grip. They use grips like this all over the West Coast. Duthie Hill here in the Seattle area is a great place to use a AM grip, and you see them on lots of AM bikes on bootcamp.

Clearly my North shore grips are freeride grips- that's obviously what's been slowing me down on the uphills!
  • 06-29-2011
    CCPHammer
    Looks flexy.
  • 06-29-2011
    socalMX
    Mine are the Odi Rogue lock ons!I have a real large hand and like the diameter!!!
  • 06-29-2011
    oh-really
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Pau11y View Post
    Best grip for AM, DH, or just yanking on your pud :D

:lol:
  • 06-29-2011
    washingtonripper13
    sette type s are my favorite

Niko
  • 06-29-2011
    mtn.skratch
    I have the ODI X-Tremes on my AM and DH. They hold kinda thin like the Ruffian's, but have the raised elongated sections that let you grip securely without "death-gripping."
  • 06-29-2011
    VTSession
    just get lock on grips. you wont give a **** after the first ride on them.
  • 06-29-2011
    eluv
    Oury Lock-ons. Best grip ever!
  • 06-29-2011
    gunt pimp
    odi rogue
  • 06-29-2011
    iamkaioken
    661 twisted waffle, bummed that they don't make them in gray anymore!
  • 06-29-2011
    mimi1885
    Quote:

Originally Posted by b-kul View Post
    i like thin grips, i use sram lock ons, what you have pictured is thin too. decide if you want thick or thin or ergo and buy accordingly.

+1 I like thin grip too. I'd go for ODI Ruffian or Ruffian MX, mid size thickness would be Rogue.:thumbsup:
  • 06-30-2011
    jb2011
    +1 for ODI ROGUE...awesome
  • 06-30-2011
    jlkvt
    I love my Spesh Enduro XL lock ons:)
  • 06-30-2011
    Daemon[CRO]
    Lizard Skins Northshore.

Because real men have big hands and need chunky grips. All you girls with small thin grips... pschhhhhhh....

http://www.cambriabike.com/Images/pr...SHORE_GRIP.jpg
  • 06-30-2011
    Steve.E
    'All mountain grip'.

Whatever next ROFL :D
  • 07-09-2011
    poopijim
    grips
    Best grips i have ever owend are Yeti lock on grips...check Yeti brand
  • 07-09-2011
    mimi1885
    Quote:

Originally Posted by poopijim View Post
    Best grips i have ever owend are Yeti lock on grips...check Yeti brand

You mean ODI:D
  • 07-09-2011
    Grno
    Quote:

Originally Posted by VTSession View Post
    just get lock on grips. you wont give a **** after the first ride on them.

best reply right here. i dont know about other riders out there but once im riding I dont think about the grips that are on my bike and if im riding with gloves on i really cant tell if the grips are good or bad.