Thread: Bell Sanction

mtbr member

Bell Sanction

I have my standard XC lid for the normal stuff, I have a 661 fullface when I go the park (I ride an Intense 5.5 so I'm not doing some massive hucking mind you) but I am looking for light weight, well ventilated fullface for the more all mountain riding. I'm looking to protect the teeth when I push a bit harder....or in that case, push to hard (so to speak). I had a close call this past season on a standard route which is the reason for the desire for some additional protection. My 661 is a few years old, a bit heavy for all mountain and HOT!
    I looked at the deviant 2 but it doesn't fit my head. It did have some good recommendations though: Deviant 2
    So now I am off looking at the Bell Sanction. No reviews yet as it appears pretty new. Anybody have any experience? Or does anybody have any other suggestions that fit the bill?
    Thanks

usually cranky
    just poking around on the interwebz the bell bellistic and protec auger look a bit more airy.

mtbr member
    I am pretty happy w the ventilation my giro remedy has (and I too found the deviant didnt fit my shaped head)

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    crashed pretty hard on them once, still alive, inside padding cracked..gotta throw them away. pretty comfy, a tad bit hot due to ventilation..but overall ok helmet. check out jensons they got a good deal on them

mtbr member

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by b-kul
    just poking around on the interwebz the bell bellistic and protec auger look a bit more airy.
    thanks for the lead. After finding the deviant didn't fit well, i tried on a Bell Drop they had in the store: nice fit. When I got home, I went straight to Bells website and they only have the Sanction and the Drop. Looks like the Bellistic is a closeout from 2009. Good prices, weight looks good, 15 vents...thanks for the lead