mtbr member
    May 2010

Avid BB7's not compatible with Z150 fork?

I've got a Marzocchi '04 Z150 Bomber fork, Mavic D321 wheels and an Avid BB7 brake kit. I mount the wheel to the fork and go to attach the BB7 caliper but it appears the bracket doesn't provide enough offset. It appears I need a spacer or about 1/4" worth of washers to fit properly? Am I missing something?

Pic attached. Any help would be awesome.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Avid BB7's not compatible with Z150 fork?-avid_bb7_marzocchi_z150.jpg  

mtbr member
    May 2010
    It also looks like I need a spacer in the rear too?? Mounting to a Marin Quake XLT frame.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    You either need some spacers, or a special QR20 brake adapter which is, obviously, thicker then normal.

mini clyde
    no idea about the rear, but the fork may need a Marz-specific adapter ... search for "Marz" on this product page, for example: http://www.universalcycles.com/shopp...s.php?id=18669.

You might also ask over on the Brake forum ....

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Had the same problem with an old build...wound up using a Boxxer adapter for the front.

T.W.O
    Did you try your adapter that you got from avid? They way avid makes their adapters to fit is ridiculous, I had to flip mine upside down to make it work.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    That's not a 20mm TA adapter that you have. Mine is almost twice as thick, which is what you're missing from the looks of it..

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Thanks for your help guys! I ended up putting some washers in place for the time being. I'll look to pick up a 20mm adapter in the future.

Time for a test ride! I'll post up pics of this beast shortly.

Beer Swilling Clyde
    I believe what you have there is a post mount adapter. I ran in to the same problem when I switched my z150 to a new zocchi. The Z150 requires a side mount adapter. Hard to tell by the pic but I'm pretty sure it should bolt right on once you get the correct part, runs about 15 bucks, hopefully you have a good shop close to you or it's going to be a special order and you'll be sidelined for a few days.

P.S. Have fun with that fork, it's a beast but that old school marzocchi squish is awesome. I beat the crap out of it for 4 years and rarely bottomed it.
    Last edited by missoularider; 04-25-2011 at 12:51 PM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Ran into the same issue when I tossed discs on my 01 Z3 20mm.

http://www.pricepoint.com/detail/205...20mm-Forks.htm

GAME ON!
    just throw some spacers in there.