mtbr member
    Feb 2012

Anyone tried a Giant Trance Advanced SL0 2012...??

Hi Everyone...

I am looking at buying a Giant Trance X Advanced SL0 and have not really been able to find any reviews of the current 2012 model.

I would be most appreciative if anyone who owns or has tried one to give me feedback on the bike. Things I am interested in are performance, ride, component wear resistance and frame strength.

Thanks..!!!

turtles make me hot
    I know my buddy just went from an 08 Specialized Enduro to a Trance... Not sure if it's an Advanced SLO or not. I think it's a 2012. He loves it. I'll see if I can get him to chime in.
    I like turtles

turtles make me hot
    Never mind. I just asked him. It's an X1 29er... and an Anthem.. Look at me... I'm a D!&k.
    I like turtles

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Thanks for the reply...

I have also been looking at the Anthem 29er as well. However I feel like I want to stick with a 26" bike. Essentially the three I am looking at are:

- Giant Trance X Advanced SL0 2012,
    - Giant Trance X Advanced 1,
    - Giant Trance 0.

They all look awesome. I really want to get feedback from as many people as I can before I make my final decision.

Thanks for any feedback..!!

mtbr member
    try asking in the giant section

http://forums.mtbr.com/giant/

try anything on a bike
    Sep 2008
    its a great bike, but i think there are better out there for the money. on the lower levels, the Trance is probably one of the best bang for your buck trail bikes. However, getting into big money, i say there are better options out there. I have ridden one, the owner LBS i use to work at has one, awesome bike.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Hi there,
    I have the Trance Advanced 1and it rocks.The dropper post is a must I throw everything at it great for climbing as well.

locked - time out
    Mar 2012

morons

Do not listen to any moron tell you that there are better bikes out there. Giant is just as good if not better than most bike companies out there. Do the research and you'll find every review say the Trance is one of the highest rated bikes out there. A lot of people do not know this but Giant actually makes a lot of other companies bike. They actually used to make Specialized for a long time before Specialized changed to Merida. I think they changed to Merida because of the grief they were getting from Giant making theirs. Another thing people don't know is that Giant is one of the only manufactures that make their bikes from scratch, meaning they make their carbon from "raw fibers" as apposed to getting them pre-woven. They design their own aluminum tubing which is of equal quality to Easton. The company started out making bikes, not marketing them, so their expertise is actually design and not B.S. Because they make their bikes from scratch they are able to offer more competitive pricing. The last comment I'll make is they are one of the first innovators of the tapered head tube and have now just released the Overdrive 2 system which I'm in freaking love with! I have no relationship with Giant, as a matter if fact I used to work at specialized distribution center in Utah. I currently ride a 2011 Giant Trance Advanced and it is hands down the most comfortable, capable, fun bike I have ever ridden. Thats my opinion though. Get out there and test ride the crap out of some bikes and make sure they set up the bikes to your weight and comfort so you can make a good decision when test riding them. Hope this helps!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Anyone tried a Giant Trance Advanced SL0 2012...??-trance-.jpg  

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by utley06 View Post
    Do not listen to any moron tell you that there are better bikes out there. Giant is just as good if not better than most bike companies out there. Do the research and you'll find every review say the Trance is one of the highest rated bikes out there. A lot of people do not know this but Giant actually makes a lot of other companies bike. They actually used to make Specialized for a long time before Specialized changed to Merida. I think they changed to Merida because of the grief they were getting from Giant making theirs. Another thing people don't know is that Giant is one of the only manufactures that make their bikes from scratch, meaning they make their carbon from "raw fibers" as apposed to getting them pre-woven. They design their own aluminum tubing which is of equal quality to Easton. The company started out making bikes, not marketing them, so their expertise is actually design and not B.S. Because they make their bikes from scratch they are able to offer more competitive pricing. The last comment I'll make is they are one of the first innovators of the tapered head tube and have now just released the Overdrive 2 system which I'm in freaking love with! I have no relationship with Giant, as a matter if fact I used to work at specialized distribution center in Utah. I currently ride a 2011 Giant Trance Advanced and it is hands down the most comfortable, capable, fun bike I have ever ridden. Thats my opinion though. Get out there and test ride the crap out of some bikes and make sure they set up the bikes to your weight and comfort so you can make a good decision when test riding them. Hope this helps!
    I'm pretty sure specialized went broke so merida bought them out, and yeah.... nothing bad about giants, very trusty bikes.

Only bad thing I've heard is my friends anthem adv sl1 carbon rear triangle broke, and they just sent him a new one anyways.
    Pivot mach 6!

is RAD
    I have a 2011 Advanced SL0, which I believe is the same frame, and it's fantastic. The ride characteristic is very neutral, it doesn't have any quirks, and just does what it's supposed to do. The advanced frame is ridiculously light, and pretty stiff. Plus it looks pretty hot too.

Cars Are Evil
    The Maestro suspension is very, very good. I have an Anthem 29 and a lot of my friends have Trances and Reigns. Most trails around here switch back and forth between up and down so it's nice to have a suspension that always pedals good and doesn't need any twiddling. I've only seen one broken Reign with just a hairline crack in a rear dropout weld and that guy breaks everything. I've seen plenty of other brands break, did a few myself.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    FYI, I bought the Trance SL0.

An amazing bike.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by XR1-Dude View Post
    FYI, I bought the Trance SL0.

An amazing bike.
    Congrats, I am completely in love with my 2011 trance x