Beer Swilling Clyde

Anyone riding thanksgiving?

Anyone getting out for a ride before they gorge themselves? For me this is going to be a pretty lame holiday, because of work I'm stuck 15 hours away from family. I decided since the girlfriend and most of my buddies have found their way back home and I'm left here I'll get out for a ride tomorrow. Haven't been on the bike in two weeks because the weather took a dump on me but I'm going to suit up and hit it in the morning, just my pup and me!

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    I'm in the exact same boat as you, but we just got dumped on today and continuing on to tomorrow. I'll put the fat tires on and see how the trails are
    01 Giant Yukon SE
    10 Giant XTC 1
    86 Mt Fuji

Beer Swilling Clyde
    Nice nos, glad I'm not alone here. I'm figuring it's going to make for an epic! Pretty sure the last few hundred feet of the climb will have snow getting deeper the higher I get. This will be the first time for me to ride a trail with over 1500' of desending this late in the season, gotta love the NW! To all those lucky enough to spend this day with loved ones I'm somewhat envious, but at the same time I can't wait to shred tacky trails with only the company of a fully charged ipod and my pup!

usually cranky
    went for a longer ride thanksgiving morning with my dad. we explored some new single track at otis. the celebrated latter in the day with family and lots of football. i went 3-0.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Thanksgiving is a popular time for people who ride only once a year to go riding. I know of three groups of people who have an annual ride.

I go to New York City with a bunch of guys that morning, taking our bikes on the PATH train and riding up to Central Park from the east side of Manhattan to where the beginning of the Macy's parade begins. Then after the parade we stop at a deli or two for a beer and then ride back down to the bottom of Manhattan via the West Highway Bike Path making it home in time for Thanksgiving dinner.

It gives you something to do before you eat a big meal.
    Bill

'95 Raleigh 400, STX-RC (road, touring)
    '00 Santa Cruz Superlight, XTR
    (Northern N.J.)