mtbr member

Anyone Own a On-One 456 Carbon?

I am thinking about picking up a ON-ONE 456 carbon and building it up with some parts I have available. Does anyone own one of these? I am planning on building it with a Fox 32 with 140mm travel, does anyone have experience with the handling with this setup? Also, what are your impressions of the carbon frame....i.e. durability, stiffness, etc.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    ratty2k has one, since summertime I think.
    he posted a thread or two about it.
    this is his build thread:

Excuse the sh*t hole...
    If steel is real then aluminium is supercallafragiliniun!

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by davemk
    I am thinking about picking up a ON-ONE 456 carbon and building it up with some parts I have available. Does anyone own one of these? I am planning on building it with a Fox 32 with 140mm travel, does anyone have experience with the handling with this setup? Also, what are your impressions of the carbon frame....i.e. durability, stiffness, etc.
    Hey. I got mine delivered a week ago. Built it up with parts lying around plus am sharing forks with my FS bike till I can afford a pair just for this.
    Impressions:
    Quality seems good but if you're after fine finishes etc - forget it. Things like clear coat aren't top shelf but hey - you get what you pay for.
    Ride is brilliant. I was nervous about going back to a hardtail after 10 years of FS but this things is amazing. It is laterally VERY stiff but rides increadibly compliantly. The carbon does what they say it does - absorbs a huge amount of vibration and just takes the sting out of sharp edge hits. The geometry is awesome too but be warned that the top tubes are looooooong. I always ride a medium and have bought the 18 inch and am running a 50mm. For reference - I am 6 foot tall.
    So there you have it - so far so good and for the money - you can't really go wrong.

mtbr member
    I sold mine on, dont know why I just didn't quite get on with it.... Since been replaced with a Cotic BFe...

Training for vacation
    Quote Originally Posted by ratty2k
    I sold mine on, dont know why I just didn't quite get on with it.... Since been replaced with a Cotic BFe...
    How does it compare?

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Im extremely curious why you got rid of it. I intended to buy this same frame when my tax check comes. What did you not like about it?