mtbr member
    Sep 2005

Anyone know of any wide, tall and carbon bars?

I am looking for a 40mm rise wide bar (720-740mm) in carbon. Cant find one. Anyone, know of model that fits this criteria.

If I can find one, I am going to have to go with the Renthal Fatbar lite in 38mm rise.

Answer has the pro AM carbon, but its 50mm rise, and I really want a 40mm rise.

Is there a bar out there that I am missing?

Thanks

mtbr member
    Aug 2010

Anyone know of any wide, tall and carbon bars?

Doesn't completely fit your criteria, but crank brothers makes a 740mm wide, 30mm rise bar that is carbon. I use this bar and like it very much. I do understand wanting a 40mm rise. I used to use an aluminum 40mm rise bar and definitely liked it a lot. I just forced myself to start using lower rise bars for the same reason in your post. Lots of companies make bars, but it doesn't seem like many make the higher rises. Hmmm
    .... I haven't checked but the old 40mm rise bars I used was from FSA's gravity line. Wonder if they make a carbon version?

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Laterilus View Post
    Doesn't completely fit your criteria, but crank brothers makes a 740mm wide, 30mm rise bar that is carbon. I use this bar and like it very much. I do understand wanting a 40mm rise. I used to use an aluminum 40mm rise bar and definitely liked it a lot. I just forced myself to start using lower rise bars for the same reason in your post. Lots of companies make bars, but it doesn't seem like many make the higher rises. Hmmm
    .... I haven't checked but the old 40mm rise bars I used was from FSA's gravity line. Wonder if they make a carbon version?
    Saw that crank brothers bar which looked nice, but ended up going with the Renthal Bars though for the extra little bit of rise. Found them online for a good price. I run my seat pretty high and need a high rise bar to help compensate and keep the number of spacers within spec. Wanted carbon but I think the Renthal bar looks pretty sweet itself.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    I just got the Renthal Fatbar Carbon lite put on my Enduro. I couldn't believe how much this bar improved the handling and shock compliance on my bike. I got the 40mm rise and at 740mm wide they were much wider than the stock 660mm alloy bar that came stock on my bike. The front end of my bike really came alive! Much more control at high speeds, easy to maneuver through rock gardens and soaks up the bumps and chatter like its not even there! At only 180 grams they are the lightest bars on the market. Look great too! If your in the market for a new bar and want to really notice an advantage drop the coin and get them, you won't be disappointed! Best upgrade I've done to my bike!