mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Anyone Heard of the 'New' Hadley Hubs?

I've heard from a reputable shop that Hadley has some new hubs available. They're supposed to be lighter than Kings and still have Hadleys famous high-engagement. Now that sounds like a true winner.

Anyone know of these hubs? Hadley does not have a website so there's nothing on a Google search.
    We Ride In God's Country!

mtbr member
    There have been a few light reviews but I don't know anyone running them.
    The old Hadly's were great so I expect the same on the new hubs.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011

I got some wheels built on hadleys a few months ago. I spoke with someone at hadley before ordering. They told me that there current revision of hubs have a little more machining that reduces the weight from the previous revision. The ones i have are marked rev 13.0. Cant tell you how much they weigh, but o definately loke the rear thru axle on mine. Its nice and stiff.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by guggas View Post
    I got some wheels built on hadleys a few months ago. I spoke with someone at hadley before ordering. They told me that there current revision of hubs have a little more machining that reduces the weight from the previous revision. The ones i have are marked rev 13.0. Cant tell you how much they weigh, but o definately loke the rear thru axle on mine. Its nice and stiff.
    Great. Were they more expensive, less, or same as the SDH hub?

www.EpicCyclist.com
    I've always loved their hubs but why Hadley doesn't have a website is beyond me.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by team_wee View Post
    I've always loved their hubs but why Hadley doesn't have a website is beyond me.
    They obviously don't feel it's necessary for their business.

mtbr member
    they seem to struggle with demand without a website....

mtbr member
    Jan 2011

Prices were the same. If you call hadley they can answer all your questions . They are pretty responsive to phone calls.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Spinergy is supposed to debut their new Zyclone carbon wheels with Hadley hubs this fall at Interbike. The weight is approx 1400 grams. For that, the hubs have to be lighter than the 2 year model I use now (I know they weigh more than Chris King's). Video: New Spinergy Zyclone Full-Carbon 29er Wheels At Sea Otter | Mountain Bike Review

Bandit 29 FTW!!!
    I've been really happy with my Hadley's. I had them built last year for my full squish 29er. I wonder if they will have new colors this year? Does anyone know if they have a catalog or something showing their new product?
    Let's make like a Bike and get the Huck outta here...

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by southacres View Post
    Spinergy is supposed to debut their new Zyclone carbon wheels with Hadley hubs this fall at Interbike. The weight is approx 1400 grams. For that, the hubs have to be lighter than the 2 year model I use now (I know they weigh more than Chris King's). Video: New Spinergy Zyclone Full-Carbon 29er Wheels At Sea Otter | Mountain Bike Review
    Wow. 1400gs!?!?! So thats an XC racer. I wonder if they could build an AM wheel 650b'er what it would weigh. And fibrous spokes? If I broke a spoke I could recycle it as shoelaces. Nice.

The MTB technology never ceases to amaze me lately. Whatever happened to my old Schwinn Stingray with the banana seat?

BTW. The latest Hadleys are R 13.1 now. No new colors, no catalogs, no website. You just have to find them online. But calling them, they always answer and either Suzanne the wife answers or her hubby (cant recall his name). Nice folks.