mtbr member
    Jan 2007

Cool-blue Rhythm Anyone have any experience with these pedals?

Time ROC ATAC S Clipless Pedals | Time | Brand | www.PricePoint.com

Time ATAC MX 6 Pedal

Atomlab Pimplite WRX Pedals > Components > Pedals > Platform Pedals | Jenson USA

Thought I'd post this here too. I ride an Enduro and currently have a old cheap set of platform pedals on now, but want to get something nicer. I rode clipless on my last mtn bike and it was fine, and I've heard really good things about the Time pedals. I have to admit that I am really liking platforms as well. I ride just about everything imaginable and enjoy the neighborhood rides with the fan, but don't want to HAVE to put special shoes on for that.

Anyone have any experience on any of my choices?

Thanks in advance.

Brandon

mtbr member
    May 2010
    I use and love those Time pedals, never used the MX-6 but it looks sort of like the ATAC Z that I run. Super durable no unintentional releases and I come out when I want to (read when going down hard I can easily kick my bike away without thinking). No experience on those Atomlab flats but I've had great luck with some of their other products.

I switched to clips when I realized that almost every bad crash I had occurred when my foot came off a pedal. Hasn't happened since switching, not that I haven't crashed and burned but never because of a foot slip.

FWIW I run those ATAC S pedals on my rigid bike and I usually don't bother with bike shoes to tool around with the kids. I can even bunnyhop and play around in just some running shoes on those pedals.