mtbr member
    Oct 2011

Anyone happy with Kronolog?

I know there are several posts about the Kronolog out there, but in this thread I want to hear from those who's returned their "broken" post and recieved a new one that actually work or someone that just got one that works from the beginning..

The reason I'm asking is because my post has started dropping like everyone elses and the dealer wants me to return it for repairs or a new one. But that's just the thing.. I'm not sure I want a new one if the same problem will appear again directly. Then perhaps the solution is to get a different brand post instead.

Has anyone got a Kronolog that works? Have they (CB) worked out the issues with the post on the newer ones?

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    My first one died after a few weeks. Gradually got worse every time I rode it. After sending it back it came with a stiffer spring that made it seem much more locked in and they left a lot of slack in the cable for the remote. All was going good until I went off a drop that I wasn't ready for (maybe 2ft high) upon landing my butt hit the seat and I heard a scrape noise. Instantly after that my post had about 5mm of slip in it again. This just proves to me no matter how it is adjusted or what ever spring they use, the post where the clamps hold it are too soft and eventually all of them will wear and slip. Mine is going back to CB and this time when it gets back it won't be going back on my bike. I already installed the Fox post and it is way better right from the start.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Had mine for 3 or more months. Ridden it min twice a week mostly in **** conditions. It's been fine. Not perfect but no slipping, no visible wear. Seems like once the slipping starts it'll deteriorate quickly.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Yes.

mtbr member
    I wouldn't buy it based on its stupid name alone.

mtbr member
    Everything from CB breaks. All the CB fans were in an uproar when people called out the kronolog before it came out claiming it wouldnt break... then it came out and broke Nothing from CB lasts.

GAME ON!
    good thing they got all of the bugs out before production.
    RIP Adam Yauch

"M.C. for what I AM and do, the A is for Adam and the lyrics; true"

mtbr member
    I'll throw my 2 cents in. This is my first CB product I ever bought, heard horror stories so I just never went there. I thought I would try their Kronolog out based on a friend's recommendation. It started to slip right away about 1/4 inch, but just raised my seat up so I would have correct seat height. I dealt with this for a month, then I had to sit out a couple weeks due to injury. I already talked with CB and setup a RA# so during my down time it went and came back. Since getting it back I've ridden close to 450 miles about 23 rides and have had no issues. I does go down 1-2mm, but works as designed every time. I adjust my seat post often during a ride, I live in Gunnison, CO and my backyard trails have quick up and downs. So there are times I'm adjusting my seat height almost as much as I'm shifting (which get confusing on which button to press, kinda funny). I weigh in at 200 lbs not including bike gear and ride very aggressively, taking air and corning as fast as possible.

This is my 1st dropper seat post, so I have nothing to compare it to. But yea I'm happy with it.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    I've had mine since they were first released. Haven't had any issues with it and with the amount of riding I've done the post has probably gone up and down 2000 times or so. I'm only 155lbs so that might have something to do with it. It hasn't slipped at all. The only "issue" I've seen is it has a very small bit of side to side play, but I don't notice it when riding.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    I bought the first one my shop had in stock and have been riding it since. Granted I don't ride nearly as much as I want but I have about 1-2mm of slip and it doesn't seem to be increasing. I can't say I have much hope though... I fully expect for it to give out one of these days. With that said, I have been out of town for the last month without my bike and if it ever stops raining it will be put back to use.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Had mine four months.. I knew there were haters but I always loved my eggbeater pedals so I had no personal experience to doubt them... My reverb broke when i had it so I went on my own experiences rather than internet chatter.... It's a great post, i don't notice any drop as yet and I ride 3-4 times per week in what has been awful wintery conditions here in Oz.

GAME ON!
    Quote Originally Posted by crowash View Post
    Had mine four months.. I knew there were haters but I always loved my eggbeater pedals so I had no personal experience to doubt them... My reverb broke when i had it so I went on my own experiences rather than internet chatter.... It's a great post, i don't notice any drop as yet and I ride 3-4 times per week in what has been awful wintery conditions here in Oz.
    hating isn't hating when it's based on factual experiences by the majority of users of a given product.
    RIP Adam Yauch

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    I heard it's pretty good.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by saturnine View Post
    hating isn't hating when it's based on factual experiences by the majority of users of a given product.
    How do you determine a majority.. I don;t think forum users represent a majority. I know of 7 reverb owners (including myself) that have all had warranty replacements on reverbs. Not saying Reverb is bad or teh majority break but I think the hate on Crank Brothers products online is overrated

GAME ON!
    Quote Originally Posted by crowash View Post
    How do you determine a majority.. I don;t think forum users represent a majority. I know of 7 reverb owners (including myself) that have all had warranty replacements on reverbs. Not saying Reverb is bad or teh majority break but I think the hate on Crank Brothers products online is overrated
    the majority of people i know who have used their products and the majority of what i've read and the majority of what i've seen. i've used crank bros products and i've hated crank bros products, but i also have some that i've liked. i have cb headsets on both bikes right now in spite of what i read about them.

i had a reverb too and it broke. but i still liked it when it worked and i have no problem with getting it repaired and using it again.
    RIP Adam Yauch