mtbr member
    Aug 2006

any difference between a yeti 575 2004 frame and 2005/2006 models???

hi,

i have the opportunity to buy a 2nd hand 2004 yeti 575 Frame. But i 'd like to know if there are any improvements on the later 2005 or 2006 frames?
    thx
    Last edited by mtb_lud; 08-05-2006 at 01:19 AM.

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mtb_lud
    hi,

i have the opportunity to buy a 2nd hand yeti 575 2004. But i 'd like to know if there are any improvements on the later 2005 or 2006 models?
    thx
    05/06 gets full house for RD and FOX shock.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by gams01
    05/06 gets full house for RD and FOX shock.

hum, sorry, i'm french, , and i don't get the meaning of ' full house' ?
    thx

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mtb_lud
    hum, sorry, i'm french, , and i don't get the meaning of ' full house' ?
    thx
    I am Slovenian. :-)

Full housing for rear deraileur (RD) means that house goes from the shifter to RD without interuption (showing cable out on the frame).

Adobo Lover
    Yup just the the full housing to the rear derailleur and you get an actually head badge rather than something that's painted on. Other than that, the only way to tell it's a newer model is by the badging(yeti markings) of the bike.
    National Athletic Trainers' Association, www.nata.org

In my mind, I can do it!
    Quote Originally Posted by 95Stumpy
    Yup just the the full housing to the rear derailleur and you get an actually head badge rather than something that's painted on. Other than that, the only way to tell it's a newer model is by the badging(yeti markings) of the bike.
    Very small but nice change too is that the '06 models come with a chain stay protector as a standard feature. I would have bought one otherwise but it was really nice that it came with one.

The full cable housing on the rear derailleur is good because rocks get kicked up by the front and it helps protect it. The '04 might have come with a different shock too. '05 and '06 models have the Fox RP3. New for '07 is the RP23.

Adobo Lover
    Oh yeah Iviguy! I forgot that the 04 first half of that year, I think the bike came with the 5th Element shock in the rear, and a Vanilla RC 125. They changed it sometime during that year and the rest of the 04's, like mine, came with the RP3 and Vanilla RC 130. Well at least for the 575's with the enduro kit.
    National Athletic Trainers' Association, www.nata.org

mtbr member
    The dogbone is also slightly changed for the 2005/2006 models. Not sure if it's an improvement.

Ant