Want to vent?

AM wheel build questions...

Anybody have alot of "all mountain" miles on some Mavic EN521 rims or Stans Flow rims?

About to build up a wheelset and can't decide.

Also using Hope Pro II hubs (20mm/QR) which I have zero experience with as well.....

Thanks for any input you can give.
    "I'm supa-fly TNT, I'm tha guns of the navarone!"

Feeding your addiction
    Quote Originally Posted by The SS Boz
    Anybody have alot of "all mountain" miles on some Mavic EN521 rims or Stans Flow rims?

About to build up a wheelset and can't decide.

Also using Hope Pro II hubs (20mm/QR) which I have zero experience with as well.....

Thanks for any input you can give.
    I have a lot of miles on Flow's and have built a few pair of the 521's (and dozens of sets of Flows). They seem to be comparable in strength, both are very good and plenty strong for AM riding and moderate drops. The main thing to consider is if you want to run tubeless. If you do then get the Flow.
    ProII's are a good choice, in that price range ($500-$600 for built wheels) I think they are the best option out there.

Larry
    Mountain High Cyclery
    larry@mtnhighcyclery.com
    "It is inhumane, in my opinion, to force people who have a genuine medical need for coffee to wait in line behind people who apparently view it as some kind of recreational activity". - Dave Barry

Cannondale Snob
    I'm putting a set of Flows on my 6"/6" AM build. Hope Pro II rear and Maverick front hubs.

I scored the rear for $250 off EBay and ordered the front new (~$260) from the factory.

I'll be running WTB Weirwolf 2.1 tubeless tires on them. I'm already using those tires on some trashed rims so staying tubeless was important to me.
    '06 Cannondale Rush 1000 4" travel 27lbs
    '04 Cannondale F600 SOBE -STOLEN!
    '96 Cannondale Uber-V 6" travel 30lbs

Want to vent?
    Thanks for the input...Guess I just wanted to have someone push me toward the Flows because I am a tubeless fanatic.

Currently got that factory XT wheelset that I have no problems with and run tubeless perfectly....But guess I just want to replace in case the bearings take a crap (which is the rumor) and I don't like having factory wheels that I can't repair myself if spokes explode.

Also like the idea of using the QR conversion piece with the hope hub....If I need a XC wheelset in a pinch.
    "I'm supa-fly TNT, I'm tha guns of the navarone!"