mtbr member
    Nov 2005

AM roadtrip - from VA - to ???? roll call!!

Fellas,

I just got my first FS bike (AM - Scott Ransom...yeah, it already put the hurtin on me...concussion and broken rib...but man, was I having fun)

Anyway, coming from XC - I just ordered The collective and Roam and I'm jonesin to do a road trip to BC or Moab. Never been - just seeing if anyone on here is from that area - and/or would want to join in on a trip - I am toying with the idea of buying a cheap RV and cruisin out for a couple of weeks. I sold my house and spent all of the equity on my new bike..haha...gotta have priorities...but I might get a VW Camper or some small class C..depends....we'll see how much more rope the credit card company will give me to hang myself...haha.

Anyway, if there is anyone that wants to perhaps join forces - I'm down!! I'm a fairly decent rider...getting back in shape - 140lbs soakin wet so yes, I can climb decent. Just looking for someone to show me some trails or get lost with me somewhere (wow, that sounds gay....and no I'm not gay..haha)

Would love to basically recreate for myself the ROAM video - live!! but without the cameras....ok, you can bring a camera but I get a cut of the proffits from all my crash footage...haha..

Holla back if you have suggestions on making this type of journey or want or know of anything going on (ralleys, convoys, etc.) -

Keep the rubber side down...
    wishiwasflying@gmail.com

Custom User Title
    Maybe you can hook up with peeps from the forum as you travel across the states. If you get near Palos Hills IL let me know.
    Team MOJO Wheels.

it's....
    I did road trip from VA to CA and back last summer about this time.
    If you take I70, try Landahl near Kansas City, MO before you hit CO and UT trails.
    I think it is the best warm up trail before you hit the epic trails.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Is there a good site for directions and trailmaps, etc.? Places to stay....

I guess I'm going to try and make it to Moab - I don't have that much time off work. Trying to figure out if I should drive or fly -

Still trying to find someone to go with as well....any takers?

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by whizzif
    Is there a good site for directions and trailmaps, etc.? Places to stay....

I guess I'm going to try and make it to Moab - I don't have that much time off work. Trying to figure out if I should drive or fly -

Still trying to find someone to go with as well....any takers?

when are you leaving? headed west from VA early aug. stopping in CO on the way to final destination of MT.

Hunter

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    plans changed...going to switzerland. But thanks for checking...
    Planning a trip to Moab in Nov - possibly late Sept...

another bozo on the bus
    im from dc and just did the san juan hut trip from durango to moab, which was a blast. if you buy maps you can find single track almost everyday. weather was good other than the heat, but you dont have a choice but to get used to it. besides, its not as bad as the humid days in the dc area. i would check into weather in moab in nov. i belive some outfits close for the season. contact some of the local shops in moab. i know chilie pepper has maps and they hooked us up with a shuttle to the top of the pass. i know some others do the same. moab cyclery has guided trips you can take if you are afraid of getting lost. we had no problems rolling into town and getting a motel. we also camped a few nights.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    dude, that sounds like the sweet trip - definitely need to get the skinny on that.....was it organized or did you just wing it? I can't ride by myself....I tend to hurt myself (too fast) haha...but yeah, I'd be awesome to get the details of where you started, what shop to go to, etc....

hit me up at wishiwasflying@gmail.com if you don't mind.

If you want to come to cville and ride in the GW -- just give me a shout....I'm starting to go over there and have lots of friends who know the trails. Good stuff. Planning on getting a VW camper van and doing some weekend epics here and there...

Cheers,
    Paul