mtbr member
    Jul 2009

AM Hardtail with a Tapered Headtube?

So I recently scored a deal on a Fox Float with a tapered steerer, and I was wondering what AM worthy hardtails are out there that would support this. I was looking to get a Transition Trans Am, but sadly they don't support tapered steerers :-/

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by arkon11
    So I recently scored a deal on a Fox Float with a tapered steerer, and I was wondering what AM worthy hardtails are out there that would support this. I was looking to get a Transition Trans Am, but sadly they don't support tapered steerers :-/
    Check out the new Ragley Blue Pig and Pig X. http://www.ragleybikes.com/ There is a 2011 catalogue here. They both use a 1.5 inch headtube, so it is compatable with the tapered steerer.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Looks sweet man, The new Blue Pigs look great.

Anyhow, this is a little outside the AM category, but do you know of any dirt jump frames that have tapered head tube compatibility ?

mtbr member
    http://transitionbikes.com/Bikes_Bank.cfm
    More dual slalom or 4x according to transition but "also a ton of fun on dirt jumps and pump tracks." I'm sure there are more out there, but I'm lazy and dont feel like searchin

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by arkon11
    Anyhow, this is a little outside the AM category, but do you know of any dirt jump frames that have tapered head tube compatibility ?
    The Yeti DJ does, but it's more a 4X than dirt jump frame.

For an AM frame, as well as the Ragley and Transition, the Orange Crush has a tapered head tube too.

It's one of their far eastern made frames but still very nice.

mtbr member
    So, time to add to this list? What bikes besides the blue pig fit the slack AM HT, tapered steerer criteria now?

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    The 2013 TransAM does offer a tapered headtube. I know because I've got a tapered steered Fox Float 140 on my TransAM.
    2013 Transition TransAM 29er
    2012 Banshee Spitfire V1.5
    2011 Yeti 303R DH
    2005 Trek Bruiser SS

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by veryavgwhtguy View Post
    So, time to add to this list? What bikes besides the blue pig fit the slack AM HT, tapered steerer criteria now?
    Since 2010 a whole bunch have of brands have updated to fit tapered steerers.

(off the top of my head)
    On One (456c/ti), Transition (Transam), Santa Cruz (Chameleon), Cotic (Bfe/Soul), Production Privee (Shan), Decade (Virsa II), Orange (Crush), Saracen (Mantra/Zen/Kili), also various Canfields, Diamondbacks, Norcos, Ragleys and so on.

Quite a lot of older frames can be fitted with a 44mm tapered headset too, so the choice is getting pretty wide.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Dartmoor Hornet perhaps?