mtbr member
    Nov 2008

AM/DH Trails-Monterey/santa cruz/aptos

First thread on a mtb forum!!!! I have been riding for the last ten years CC/AM/DH and have never had an issue with illegal riding, but I have learned in the past week not every trail up here is fair game, back home anything and everything is fair game! haha...I just moved to Monterey area from the Hemet for grad school and have been doing some exploring with very little luck. I have ridden everything in Toro, and Ord but am looking for something a lot rougher and more tech. I just traded my Nicolai for a Enduro pro 07 and am using about half the travel. I don't really know anyone since i've been here for two weeks but send me a message and lets ride!!!! I get out 3-5 times a week send me a PM or ill shoot you my email. I am willing to drive and put in the shovel time.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    check out soquel demo forest in aptos, you might be able to use some more travel there.

also, just head to campus (uc) on a weekend day and you'll see plenty of mountain bikers. just ask if you can tag along with a group and there'll be plenty of goods to be had.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    nice thanks for the insight, I'll do some more online research and will be heading up there for the weekend!