2 minutes turkish

All Weather All Mountain

Anybody ever ride the Ktrak system?

Looks like fun, not really a need for it here in SoCal

Riiiiiide...
    Ive seen some video clips showing it. Damn does it look fun on snow!! Pedal-powered snowmobile

spec4life???..smh...
    I saw someone on one last year at the ski slope...not as cool as you would think

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    It seems like this would very slow in the snow unless it was hard-pack ice..even so, doesn't seem like it would a smooth ride..i see a lotta energy being wasted on this thing. But, it is refreshing to see new ideas materialize like this!

trail addict
    looks flexxy....

don't grab any front brake until you make sure there is a block in the caliper!
    You better just go ahead and drop that seatpost down to the reflector... the trail gets pretty rough down there.

There's no app for this.

It's as functional as

me adapting my skis for trail riding.

Can't wait to try these on the Norshore

Jim

mtbr member
    I've read somehwre that its almost impossible to go uphill with it, deep snow seem to be a problem also and most of the video i've seen of it is downhill riding...

if its only meant to go downhill i'd rather ride my snowscoot..a lot more fun!

sinner
    Jan 2007
    big peice of crap.

My LBS had them in last year and sold a few. Needless to say, every customer got a refund. Cheap plastic junk.

mtbr member
    two words, two numbers, one dot: Surly Endomorph 3.7. on the large marge rims, on the DH frame of your choice. that way, you actually have front brakes. the front may not stick quite like the ski once you get to the twisty (you can put a little fin running the length of the ski, you can't do that easily on a tire), but it's a small price to pay for being able to skip the ski lift on the way up the mountain. and for being able to ride it everywhere, possibly though deep snow (that isn't something I'd try tho. deep snow = time to break out a 'mog or a snowplow, depending if there is an actual road under the snow)
    Quote Originally Posted by teamdicky View Post
    My butthole would pucker and invert until I was inside-out before I got to the bottom.

mtbr member
    Shop I work for last year got one of the first ones. They are pretty cool. The rear adds about 15lbs. The frt adds 5lbs. So what ever your bike weight then at 20lbs. They are strictly for DH. They do pedal but it is ridiculous and not worth it. On the DH they do perform pretty well. Deep powder days they are slower but not impossible. As a matter of fact most of the riders who tired it said it was impressively decent in the powder. They are great for more hard conditions. Unfortunately no lifts in Utah are willing to let this one ride. We contacted every resort and they said nope.
    Bikeless Rider

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    I would rather kayak in the snow.