mtbr member
    Feb 2005

All Mt false adv.?

What gives with the new add for the Zochi AM1 in Septs Mt Bike Action? Richie Schell is holding on the side bar an AM1 with a QR axle set up - while he is riding a Rocky with a AM 1 with some kind of thru axle (costumesponsoredtype)? I called Zochi b/c I've wanted to stiffen up my AM1 and the guy was like" you know those pros they get special stuff- and- sorry I don't have anything like that to upgrade your fork"??? False advertising if ya ask me?
    Thoughts

conjoinicorned
    if you put a 20mm axle on your AM1, you would basically be riding a z1.

they purposely don't put a thru axle on the AM series so you don't go huge on them. the bike in question is probably riding a z1 with AM graphics.
    what would rainbow unicorn do?

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    I understand the fork isn't ment for going huge (that's why I have a 66 ) but they shouldn't advertise o a fork and then put a different fork in its place IMO. I've actually been thinking of converting my XT hub to a bolt through to stiffen things up a bit more.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Looks like the 07 All Mountain SL and 1 will be adjustable 120-160mm and have a "tool free" type thru axle similar to the maxle. It is also supposed to be "whistler" capable. Check out the pics in the attached. Not sure the future of the Z1 w/ the improved All Mountain.

www.singletrackworld.com/article.php?sid=2061