Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 58
  1. #1
    Cheesiest
    Reputation: intheways's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    1,365

  2. #2
    TNC
    TNC is offline
    noMAD man
    Reputation: TNC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,059

    Lol!

    I thought maybe you were just on the "Best Of AM" bandwagon, but the link actually goes to a very deserving sock choice there. I don't know about the high tops though. Even black low quarter socks make one look pretty geeky. Just look at these yahoos.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  3. #3
    Your bike is incorrigible
    Reputation: Guyechka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    3,125
    It's those yahoos from the Texas panhandle!

    TNC, don't you know you have to go down to Big Bend to get some good riding? (Besides, you go across the river and get the best Mexican food ever!)

  4. #4
    crashes in parkinglot
    Reputation: EricTheRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,258
    black socks may be geeky but, they don't show dirt as well as white socks.

    I think drop in season one had a short little thing on black socks, as i recall it was pretty serious, though funny.

  5. #5
    TNC
    TNC is offline
    noMAD man
    Reputation: TNC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,059

    Panhandle???

    Quote Originally Posted by Guyechka
    It's those yahoos from the Texas panhandle!

    TNC, don't you know you have to go down to Big Bend to get some good riding? (Besides, you go across the river and get the best Mexican food ever!)
    Them's fightin' words, pard'ner! Big Bend...Pfffft. I got a little 80 mile trail a few miles SW from my home that any AM rider would kill for. Hey, speaking of Big Bend...I notice that there might actually be something worth riding there in the not-too-distant future if everything goes right.

  6. #6
    Your bike is incorrigible
    Reputation: Guyechka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    3,125
    Quote Originally Posted by TNC
    Them's fightin' words, pard'ner! Big Bend...Pfffft. I got a little 80 mile trail a few miles SW from my home that any AM rider would kill for. Hey, speaking of Big Bend...I notice that there might actually be something worth riding there in the not-too-distant future if everything goes right.
    Yeah, the last time I was down there I wasn't riding. My sister and dad went out, and I followed in the "support" vehicle (why it was needed is a mystery to me). But it did look like a fun ride, even if it was all double-track. You need to go down there and join the team of volunteers to build the single-track.

    BTW: I get to say anything bad about Texas I damned well want, since I am a Texan by birth (born in Ft. Worth and grew up in Arlington). I've earned my rights!

  7. #7
    TNC
    TNC is offline
    noMAD man
    Reputation: TNC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,059

    Damn city slicker, eh?

    Quote Originally Posted by Guyechka
    Yeah, the last time I was down there I wasn't riding. My sister and dad went out, and I followed in the "support" vehicle (why it was needed is a mystery to me). But it did look like a fun ride, even if it was all double-track. You need to go down there and join the team of volunteers to build the single-track.

    BTW: I get to say anything bad about Texas I damned well want, since I am a Texan by birth (born in Ft. Worth and grew up in Arlington). I've earned my rights!
    LOL!...you still in Texas?

  8. #8
    Your bike is incorrigible
    Reputation: Guyechka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    3,125
    Quote Originally Posted by TNC
    LOL!...you still in Texas?
    I left Texas when I was 9! I've been in CT for the last 8 years, and I'm moving back to CO in a week. I'm not really much of an Eastern type.

  9. #9
    Oni
    Oni is offline
    Master Of Fooliganism
    Reputation: Oni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    372

    Oh my gawd!

    Quote Originally Posted by TNC
    I thought maybe you were just on the "Best Of AM" bandwagon, but the link actually goes to a very deserving sock choice there. I don't know about the high tops though. Even black low quarter socks make one look pretty geeky. Just look at these yahoos.
    It's not the black socks. It's the wearing of socks with the sandals! Oh my eyes!

    Oni is now blinded

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,624
    Quote Originally Posted by EricTheRed
    black socks may be geeky but, they don't show dirt as well as white socks.
    White socks are not a cool AM look in the UK, due to their association with 80's fashion!
    [SIZE="2"]Remember, there is no black magic or witchcraft, it's only a machine[/SIZE]

  11. #11
    Freshly Fujified
    Reputation: Call_me_Clyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    8,200

    My favorite AM socks

    White tube socks with a chain ring tattoo. 'Nuff said?
    'If Wal-Mart sold parachutes, who would jump?' Frank Havnoonian (quoting his father) Drexel Hill Cyclery

  12. #12
    Its got what plants crave
    Reputation: Jim311's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    5,936
    I want a pair of Mountain Dew socks.

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Hardtails Are Better's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    6,298
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim311
    I want a pair of Mountain Dew socks.
    I want two pairs.

    My favorite socks are DeFeet Air-e-Ators, customized with my LBSs logo, in black, with red lettering.

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Hardtails Are Better's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    6,298
    Black socks are better for AM because they hide Mountain Dew stains.

  15. #15
    TNC
    TNC is offline
    noMAD man
    Reputation: TNC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,059

    I'll have you know...

    Quote Originally Posted by Oni
    It's not the black socks. It's the wearing of socks with the sandals! Oh my eyes!

    Oni is now blinded
    that they hand those sandals out at the rest home...free to all residents. They even put my name on the inside of the strap.

  16. #16
    What's that smell?
    Reputation: phxartboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    475

  17. #17
    TNC
    TNC is offline
    noMAD man
    Reputation: TNC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,059
    On a serious note...has anyone seen those Dr. Scholl's diabetic socks? They make them in black low quarter, and they are CoolMax and extemely wickable. They cost about $6 for two pair at the Evil Empire (WalMart). They are woven with thick fibers but they are relatively far apart. They've been amazing IMO. I work at a shop and can get any socks at cost, but I haven't found anything as good as these, regardless of price. Initially it may seem strange buying diabetic socks, but really it's just a supportive and wicking design that really works. They look like any low quarter sock when you're wearing them. Anyone else see or try them?

  18. #18
    EDR
    Reputation: eatdrinkride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    9,028
    I wear black socks (DeFeet air-something-or-others). I bought them b/c they were 4 bucks a a pair and the white ones looked downright goofy (even though previously I wore regular white socks all the time ) I have very little fashion sense but I'm happy when I ride none-the-less

  19. #19
    TNC
    TNC is offline
    noMAD man
    Reputation: TNC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,059

    Bwaaaah!

    Quote Originally Posted by phxartboy
    That's hilarious. Looks a little like this guy. Except I removed the horns from my helmet...at least for woods riding.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  20. #20
    Oh, So Interesting!
    Reputation: davec113's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    4,146
    Quote Originally Posted by TNC
    On a serious note...has anyone seen those Dr. Scholl's diabetic socks? They make them in black low quarter, and they are CoolMax and extemely wickable. They cost about $6 for two pair at the Evil Empire (WalMart). They are woven with thick fibers but they are relatively far apart. They've been amazing IMO. I work at a shop and can get any socks at cost, but I haven't found anything as good as these, regardless of price. Initially it may seem strange buying diabetic socks, but really it's just a supportive and wicking design that really works. They look like any low quarter sock when you're wearing them. Anyone else see or try them?
    Blasphemy!!! Theres a better sock than Smartwool Adrenaline Light? For 1/4 the price?
    .




    Strava: turn off your dork logger when you're not on sanctioned trails.

  21. #21
    Its got what plants crave
    Reputation: Jim311's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    5,936
    Quote Originally Posted by phxartboy


    None shall pass!

  22. #22
    In exile
    Reputation: loco-gringo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    542
    You kick ass, Stinky. I can't believe that you are from AZ and not TX. This thread just proves that TX kicks ass.


    *It is too bad there is no riding at Big Bend, but maybe soon.

  23. #23
    not so super...
    Reputation: SSINGA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    11,459
    This is clearly the best AM Sock

    Nothing to see here.

  24. #24
    Your bike is incorrigible
    Reputation: Guyechka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    3,125
    I think maybe I've infected HAB with the Dew virus.

    In fact, I want to propose we just rename this entire forum the "Dew Riders' Forum".

  25. #25
    What's that smell?
    Reputation: phxartboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    475
    Too bad the hoodies are on backorder!

    http://www.md-gear.com/mdra/store_mens_hoodies.php

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •