Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

All-mountain recommendations for my wife and I?

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Rucker61 
#1 ·
I just moved to Denver (a long time dream of mine), and I'm getting super pumped about riding again (haven't really in the past 3-4 years due to moving all over the midwest and east coast and what not).

I know this question gets asked a ton, but I'm going to ask again. And I know going the used route will get a bigger bang for the buck.

I'm looking to upgrade my current ride (2003-ish Rocky Mountain RM6 - and get the right size = L) and also get a bike for my lady so she can come out with me. My budget is probably $2000 max on mine and under $1500 for her (of course I haven't talked to her about the $$ yet). I'm probably looking for an all-mountain ride, as much as I would love to blow money on a full on DH (did a couple rides last summer out at Winter Park and Sol Vista on a trip and fell in love with it). But I think I'll be doing more all mountain trail riding (out in Golden, Colorado Springs, Boulder, etc.) for free. Just seems the more logical route of what I'll be doing.

Any suggestions on a good ride for both of us? A buddy of mine back in Maryland just bought a Fezzari for $1800 and it seemed pretty slick, but I do want a solid build.

Thanks for the help!

See less See more
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.