Page 63 of 64 FirstFirst ... 1353596061626364 LastLast
Results 6,201 to 6,300 of 6393
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 69tr6r View Post
    I agree, the Cotic is a beauty!

Question on the frame finish. Is it raw or a coating?

Thanks.
    It's powder coated, all the Cotic frames are black oxide treated to prevent/minimise rust then painted over the top. It'll certainly look nice for longer than a raw steel frame would.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 69tr6r View Post
    I agree, the Cotic is a beauty!

Question on the frame finish. Is it raw or a coating?

Thanks.
    It’s actually shiny paint! They call it “mercury”. It looks a lot like chrome but up close it has these sort of dimples that give it an extra dimension of color.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Guerrilla Gravity Pedalhead XL

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by M320 View Post
    Guerrilla Gravity Pedalhead XL

Badass!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hootbmx View Post
    Attachment 981335Attachment 981336

Here is my 2015 Honzo. i had a 2013 Honzo and loved it but wanted a little more stand over. I didn't expect it to ride any different because the geo is the same but this 2015 is even better!
    Hey I know this is an old post, but what saddle are you running? I've got a blacked out Canfield YS and really want to run brown saddle and grips.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013

The All Mountain Hardtail Thread. Post up yours.

Quote Originally Posted by WesleeC View Post
    Hey I know this is an old post, but what saddle are you running? I've got a blacked out Canfield YS and really want to run brown saddle and grips.
    Not my rig. But looks like it could be a Chromag Trailmaster saddle.

Bikesexual
    These are nice looking brown grips if interested.

Chromag Squarewave Grips | Jenson USA

The Orange Fleet:

'16 SC Heckler
    '14 All City MMD
    '12 Kona Unit Rigid

mtbr member
    Sweet thank you guys!

mtbr member
    It is actually the Trailmaster LTD.The All Mountain Hardtail Thread. Post up yours.-chromag-trailmaster-ltd-saddle.jpg

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    MTbr keeps turning my photos upside down, so here’s my new Honzo on imgur.

https://i.imgur.com/l6ACYYo_d.jpg?ma...idelity=medium
    Last edited by Fluidworks; 03-02-2018 at 10:24 AM.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    The All Mountain Hardtail Thread. Post up yours.-img_1258.jpg

loud hubs save lives
    Nukeproof Scout 290

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sennaster View Post
    Nukeproof Scout 290

Woohoo!!

Great bike the Scout 290 ^^

'We'll all make it to the top... Some of us, might not make it to the bottom'
    "Mountain biking: the under-rated and drug-free antidepressant"

mtbr member
    Some really awesome bikes here , that cotic soul is lovely. My onza jackpot is now finished i think (lol is any build ever finished) . Ive slacked it out 2° with a new headset to 66° and generally been tweaking my original build over the last 6 months to get to where i wanted it. So heres some pictures ( it has black floating rotors now not pictured).love this bike its loads of fun.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by theraggyone View Post
    Some really awesome bikes here , that cotic soul is lovely. My onza jackpot is now finished i think (lol is any build ever finished) . Ive slacked it out 2° with a new headset to 66° and generally been tweaking my original build over the last 6 months to get to where i wanted it. So heres some pictures ( it has black floating rotors now not pictured).love this bike its loads of fun.

Thanks dude. Your bike is beautiful! Did the Zee cranks come like that with purple graphics? Also what size tires are you running?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by FeedTheWolf View Post
    Thanks dude. Your bike is beautiful! Did the Zee cranks come like that with purple graphics? Also what size tires are you running?

Thanks mate. The Zee graphics are crank decals that i ordered from indiprint ,i also got custom fork decals from them too . Im running 2.5 WTB breakouts front and rear , they blow up pretty big/tall though i love them.

mtbr member
    Thanks mate. The Zee graphics are crank decals that i ordered from indiprint . Im running 2.5 WTB breakouts front and rear , they blow up pretty big/tall though i love them.

Nice! I’ve only got one ride on the 2.6 NN but the increased volume makes a big difference. I was running around 18-19 PSI and felt like I could drop a little more. They are probably only 2.5” wide but they are tall like your WTBs.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by FeedTheWolf View Post
    Nice! I’ve only got one ride on the 2.6 NN but the increased volume makes a big difference. I was running around 18-19 PSI and felt like I could drop a little more. They are probably only 2.5” wide but they are tall like your WTBs.

Yeah im still messing with pressures , so far im running 19-20psi at the front and 22psi at the back and they feel awesome . I may drop them 1 or 2 psi lower still though. Big volume tyres feel great on steel hardtails , i dont miss my full suss at all yet.

mtbr member
    Yeah im still messing with pressures , so far im running 19-20psi at the front and 22psi at the back and they feel awesome . I may drop them 1 or 2 psi lower still though. Big volume tyres feel great on steel hardtails , i dont miss my full suss at all yet.

Yeah, I’m part of the club that parted out and sold my 130/120mm full susser to build my dream hardtail. Crazy I know! I don’t even need rear suspension for my local trails anyway. I used the old fork, shifter, derailleur and dropper post from the other bike but that’s it.

mtbr member
    Nov 2016
    I'm currently riding an XC 29er hardtail and started following this thread after I began thinking an AMHT might be a good next bike for me. Lately, I've been wondering though, What are the real benefits of an AMHT over an XC HT? Is it purely that they're more capable/fun on the downhills?
    Get out and go ride.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by felix1776 View Post
    I'm currently riding an XC 29er hardtail and started following this thread after I began thinking an AMHT might be a good next bike for me. Lately, I've been wondering though, What are the real benefits of an AMHT over an XC HT? Is it purely that they're more capable/fun on the downhills?
    It really depends on what trails you ride and how aggressive you want to ride. The longer lower slacker geometry with meatier tires allows you to descend more confidently... Which usually means you can ride steeper terrain and descend everything faster. In addition a slacker head angle with shorter stem is going to make hopping and jumping on the bike easier than a xc bike (if you like to play on the trail).

The downsides are that the bike is going to weigh more and not climb as well as your xc hardtail.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Anytime. Anywhere.
    The downside is the weight. Upside for me is I can ride it on any of the trails we have, it's safer, and a poop load more fun.
    I got some bad ideas in my head.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by caldog View Post
    It really depends on what trails you ride and how aggressive you want to ride. The longer lower slacker geometry with meatier tires allows you to descend more confidently... Which usually means you can ride steeper terrain and descend everything faster. In addition a slacker head angle with shorter stem is going to make hopping and jumping on the bike easier than a xc bike (if you like to play on the trail).

The downsides are that the bike is going to weigh more and not climb as well as your xc hardtail.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis Bickle View Post
    The downside is the weight. Upside for me is I can ride it on any of the trails we have, it's safer, and a poop load more fun.
    It's stronger... So doing drops and jumps won't destroyed it like an XCHT eventually will.

More fun. Instead of all stretched out and bleh.

mtbr member
    Jan 2017
    I moved from an XC hardtail to an AM hardtail. While I'm certainly slower on some climbs (which I'm mainly blaming on the weight) I'm faster going downhill, and honestly I haven't pushed my bike as hard as it wants to go. I go through some rock gardens faster than I would have dared on my XC bike and it feels like rumbling over nothing. I was really worried about the slack head angle causing the front end to wander on climbs and it being difficult to get around switchbacks, but I haven't had any issues.

Also nice that you can get two wheel sizes in one bike. I can run plus sized tires when the conditions call for it or high volume 29er wheels. 30mm 29er rims with 2.4-2.6 inch tires are awesome.
    Patrick

mtbr member
    Nov 2016
    My biggest concern about going to AMHT is the weight. My bike climbs decent but only has a 36t in the back. A heavier bike with a 42 or 46 might cancel that out. I tend to ride more XC-ish trails that have some chunk and technical rock features thrown in to keep things interesting. I would like to get into more technical stuff eventually. My bike's biggest weakness is trying to get through rock gardens especially ones pointed slightly uphill that you have to sit and pedal through. I'm not a jumps and big drops type of rider at all.

I'm pretty committed to staying with a hardtail but some of the AMHTs I've looked at are pushing 30 lbs. Factoring weight and the price of some, there's not much of a jump to go full suspension.
    Get out and go ride.

mtbr member
    My biggest concern about going to AMHT is the weight. My bike climbs decent but only has a 36t in the back. A heavier bike with a 42 or 46 might cancel that out. I tend to ride more XC-ish trails that have some chunk and technical rock features thrown in to keep things interesting. I would like to get into more technical stuff eventually. My bike's biggest weakness is trying to get through rock gardens especially ones pointed slightly uphill that you have to sit and pedal through. I'm not a jumps and big drops type of rider at all.

I'm pretty committed to staying with a hardtail but some of the AMHTs I've looked at are pushing 30 lbs. Factoring weight and the price of some, there's not much of a jump to go full suspension.
    My 130mm steel HT build is about 28 pounds, but it took a lot of money to get it there. You could definitely do cheaper and even a bit lighter, because I spent money on some premium stuff that isn’t necessarily lighter, for the bling.

Or you could go with a nice trail or AM full suspension for a little more money and you could have it around 30 pounds.

mtbr member
    My current AM FS bike is ~29lbs and my previous AM FS bike was under 28lbs. So ya just in terms of weight you are not saving a ton going with a HT. Presumably there is something about the HT experience you are after....whether it's the lack of suspension movement, trail feel or reduced maintenance/cost.
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

mtbr member
    Nov 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by vikb View Post
    My current AM FS bike is ~29lbs and my previous AM FS bike was under 28lbs. So ya just in terms of weight you are not saving a ton going with a HT. Presumably there is something about the HT experience you are after....whether it's the lack of suspension movement, trail feel or reduced maintenance/cost.
    I'm partial to hardtails because I'm a stubborn bastard. Around here (front range, CO), 99.5% of mountain bikers are riding FS. I've heard so many people say, "If you're serious, you'd get a full suspension." While I can see the advantage, the majority of the time I feel fine on my hardtail. There's very few places I've tried to ride that I really couldn't. A big attraction for me is that you can get a really well spec'd hardtail for much cheaper than FS and you avoid all the maintenance which is big for me. I don't want a bike that has to spend a bunch of time in the shop.

I imagine an AMHT with dialed geometry will fit my needs really well.
    Get out and go ride.

mtbr member
    I don't want a bike that has to spend a bunch of time in the shop.
    You can definitely get a HT cheaper than a FS bike, but in the last decade of riding FS bikes year round in the PNWet I've had exactly zero downtime because my rear suspension needed to be in the shop. Modern FS bikes are pretty darn reliable and don't need a ton of attention.

If you enjoy riding HTs no reason to change. MTBing is all about having fun.
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

mtbr member
    My '17 Nukeproof Scout weighs around 29 lb's, I'm guessing ^^

For a split second I did contemplate selling my 160mm Enduro mule & really blinging out the 29er AM HT o_0

With a boostified Pike, wider/blingy wheels, top line brakes, a 11-46/50 cassette & WT/+ rubber... it'd be a great 1 bike quiver.

Left over funds would get her-in-doors a knock around HT...

mtbr member
    Jan 2017
    A heavier bike with a 42 or 46 might cancel that out.
    Thats the thing with the weight. I went from 11-42 on my XC HT to 10-50T eagle on my AM HT. I find myself crawling in the easier gears a lot more, so I'm slower, but I'm not super concerned about getting up climbs the fastest. And when pointed down...its just so much more fun and confidence inspiring. If you're not super concerned with how fast you are going up there really is no downside IMO.
    Patrick

mtbr member
    Nov 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by pjames12 View Post
    Thats the thing with the weight. I went from 11-42 on my XC HT to 10-50T eagle on my AM HT. I find myself crawling in the easier gears a lot more, so I'm slower, but I'm not super concerned about getting up climbs the fastest. And when pointed down...its just so much more fun and confidence inspiring. If you're not super concerned with how fast you are going up there really is no downside IMO.
    Well, I'm between 215-220 lbs so I don't climb anything very fast. I do enjoy climbing though.
    Get out and go ride.

mtbr member
    What do you want to do? What kind of trails do you prefer?
    If you preference is for pure speed over easy trails then a XC HT is your best bet.

An AM HT will allow you to more comfort and a more care free attitude. It will expand the type of terrains you're capable to ride, specially the steeper they are, both up and down. With proper forward geometry they are really really good climbing very steep stuff. Half of that is geometry, half burlyness of components. You don't have to be jumping and dropping to enjoy an AM HT.

2 weekends ago I was with my Moxie at a local DH track, last weekend at a XC race. Never the fastest, but enjoyment always through the roof

Anytime. Anywhere.
    3 reasons to ride a HT, reduced cost/maintenance, smooth trails, and cool factor. 6lb steel frame vs 7lb FS aluminum? Parts will be about the same.

mtbr member
    Jan 2018
    Yea you nailed it but I would add “speed”. Truely addicted to it. If it moves it needs to move faster!

mtbr member
    I ran 32t 11x36 on both my xc 29er and my steel Honzo. I climbed more on my Honzo successfully due to better geo and chainstays over an inch shorter. I was centered better in the Honzo making its handling so much better. I really do miss my Honzo after moving to a FS, but I still have the frame so a rebuild is in order. Weight isn't as big of a factor as you think it will be. The price difference is though. My FS will cost about $1500 more than my Honzo and they will have virtually identical builds.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by beer_coffee_water View Post
    I climbed more on my Honzo successfully due to better geo...
    I totally read "geo" as "ego" first time through... Kinda changes things a bit. I might need new bifocals.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fairbanks007 View Post
    I totally read "geo" as "ego" first time through... Kinda changes things a bit. I might need new bifocals.
    LOL, steel is real for everything.

Not really, but is sure smoothes the rough out.

mtbr member
    Nov 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Ze_Zaskar View Post
    What do you want to do? What kind of trails do you prefer?
    If you preference is for pure speed over easy trails then a XC HT is your best bet.

An AM HT will allow you to more comfort and a more care free attitude. It will expand the type of terrains you're capable to ride, specially the steeper they are, both up and down. With proper forward geometry they are really really good climbing very steep stuff. Half of that is geometry, half burlyness of components. You don't have to be jumping and dropping to enjoy an AM HT.

2 weekends ago I was with my Moxie at a local DH track, last weekend at a XC race. Never the fastest, but enjoyment always through the roof
    After spending about 18 months riding my current bike, I've realized I like a lot of the qualities that a HT offers. But my current bike being a pure XC bike has kept me away from the pure all mountain/enduro-ish type rides that are here in colorado. I've mostly stuck to the more XC type rides as they are simply more enjoyable on the bike I have. As a result, I'd describe myself as a technical XC rider. I don't plan on having a stable of MTBs so my next bike will be my do everything, ride anywhere in Colorado bike. It'll need to be a bike that allows me to continue to improve as a rider for several more years. It'll need to be a bike that still pedals and climbs fairly well for doing longer epic rides but also be very capable on long fast decents and in really technical stuff.
    Get out and go ride.

mtbr member
    Nov 2016
    It seems that most of the AMHTs shown in this thread were custom builds. I'm not really a bike mechanic so if I do go with an all mountain hardtail as my next bike, it'll probably be a factory build. And it seems like custom builds are always way more expensive. I'm looking for a bike with nice enough spec and dialed geometry that won't cost $3000+. The bike I've been eyeing the most is the top end Commencal HT AM.

https://www.commencalusa.com/meta-ht...18-c2x24859766

I've also been digging on the Nukeproof Scout 275. The Commencal seems better spec'd for not much more money though.

It seems to be spec'd pretty well without being crazy expensive. What else would you guys recommend I check out.
    Get out and go ride.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Before I got to the part of your post with the Commencel and Nuke Proof those immediately popped into my head as suggestions for completes. I think your in the right track.

mtbr member
    I don't plan on having a stable of MTBs so my next bike will be my do everything, ride anywhere in Colorado bike. It'll need to be a bike that allows me to continue to improve as a rider for several more years. It'll need to be a bike that still pedals and climbs fairly well for doing longer epic rides but also be very capable on long fast decents and in really technical stuff.
    That description has AM HT written all over it.
    Also a big plus in my book, from the limited experiences I've had with FS trail/AM/enduro bikes (very short rides), is that even with tough, aggressive builds a HT is able to keep a stiff and responsive climbing behavior.

Due to the lack of rear suspension, I'd look for a 29er, or at least 27.5+, but that's up to your preferences

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Always Chromag as they offer complete builds also. I love mine.

mtbr member
    Here in EU (the epicenter of the AM HT thing?) there are tons of sensible priced complete offers.
    NS Eccentric
    Ragley Bigwig
    Genesis Tarn
    Nukeproof Scout

Just to name a few

mtbr member
    3 reasons to ride a HT, reduced cost/maintenance, smooth trails, and cool factor. 6lb steel frame vs 7lb FS aluminum? Parts will be about the same.
    I'll add in room inside the frame for a framebag for bikepacking. HTs make sense for a lot of touring missions and as a plus I can be cool as well I'm with my friends that campaign HTs.
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

weekdays..
    Dec 2009
    Here in EU (the epicenter of the AM HT thing?) there are tons of sensible priced complete offers.
    NS Eccentric
    Ragley Bigwig
    Genesis Tarn
    Nukeproof Scout

Just to name a few
    Can't comment on their full kit, but North Shore Tange frame is quite a ride, compliant and fits 29x2.4 chunky monkey w/ at least 5mm clearance on i26...fast bike, dialed bbh
    video=youtube;][/video]...

Anytime. Anywhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deerhill View Post
    Can't comment on their full kit, but North Shore Tange frame is quite a ride, compliant and fits 29x2.4 chunky monkey w/ at least 5mm clearance on i26...fast bike, dialed bbh
    Link?

weekdays..
    Dec 2009
    Link?
    Meant NSBikes (as quoted above; )..forgot they changed the name, Tange is just the steel used
    video=youtube;][/video]...

mtbr member
    + if you shop around for the right frame (as I did) most, if not all of your parts should/could swap straight over ^^

Love my AM HT =)

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    NS Eccentric
    Ragley Bigwig
    Genesis Tarn
    Nukeproof Scout

Just to name a few
    Had an NS Eccentric. Got me hooked on the hardtail. Unfortunately it was stolen off my hitch rack. Can’t say enough good about that bike!

mtbr member
    May 2017
    Here is another EU AM hardtail. Dartmoor primal plus just built it up the other day. Still plenty to do but after the first ride it feels great very eager on the trails

Sent from my A1601 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jan 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Litenbror View Post
    Here is another EU AM hardtail. Dartmoor primal plus just built it up the other day. Still plenty to do but after the first ride it feels great very eager on the trails

That a Fox Rhythm? If so, how you liking it? I've got one on my AM HT and I've been very impressed with it, especially considering how little I paid for it.
    Patrick

mtbr member
    May 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by pjames12 View Post
    That a Fox Rhythm? If so, how you liking it? I've got one on my AM HT and I've been very impressed with it, especially considering how little I paid for it.
    Yeah it's a Fox Rhythm 34 130mm and so far it's been very impressive. I couldn't find many reviews when I bought it but for the price I thought it was worth a go. Best bike decision I've made in a while its been a huge upgrade over the RS recon it replaced. If the reliability is good I think Fox are on a winner with the grip damper.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Keeping the thread alive...bring on the gnarly hardtails! Let's see some action shots from these AMHTs in their natural habitat.

The All Mountain Hardtail Thread. Post up yours.-screenshot_20180317-174108-picsay.jpg
    Last edited by chelboed; 03-25-2018 at 07:56 AM.

mtbr member
    my Ros

The All Mountain Hardtail Thread. Post up yours.-img_20180325_104323.jpg

CoolArrow
    Almost finished... Dartmoor Hornet. Had the primal, liked it, but wanted a more.. aggressive frame. Well, this is it. Burly too. Probably a bit heavier, but it'll be lighter than my Spartan, so I'm cool with it...

The All Mountain Hardtail Thread. Post up yours.-p1110227.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The All Mountain Hardtail Thread. Post up yours.-p1110225.jpg  

Cool BandolArrow

Jerry Hazard – website

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    $1755 shipped for a Nukeproof scout 290 should i do it? any other similarly priced for the same specs? that is actually right at my budget..

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jhazard View Post
    Almost finished... Dartmoor Hornet. Had the primal, liked it, but wanted a more.. aggressive frame. Well, this is it. Burly too. Probably a bit heavier, but it'll be lighter than my Spartan, so I'm cool with it...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1110227.jpg 
Views:	167 
Size:	187.7 KB 
ID:	1189854
    That looks amazing! Is that 2018 size large? 142x12 or 148x12?
    2018 RSD Middlechild
    2016 Norco Sasquatch 6.1
    2010 Giant STP SS

CoolArrow
    Quote Originally Posted by kryten View Post
    That looks amazing! Is that 2018 size large? 142x12 or 148x12?

Thanks! It's a 142 rear end. It's complete now, just did the shake down ride today:

The All Mountain Hardtail Thread. Post up yours.-p1110577.jpg

The All Mountain Hardtail Thread. Post up yours.-p1110565.jpg
    Cool BandolArrow

Jerry Hazard – website

29ers Forever
    Quote Originally Posted by ecooke21 View Post
    $1755 shipped for a Nukeproof scout 290 should i do it? any other similarly priced for the same specs? that is actually right at my budget..
    For the price and parts spec, if they have your frame size in stock I would say jump on it. For comparison, a Rocky Mountain Growler (120mm, plus tires), costs a little bit more, but has entry level SRAM components and a lower end fork. The Scout also comes standard with a dropper post. You won't find that on any other bike for the price range.

mtbr member
    You may want to look at the geo on the Scout. It has a very long rear center/wheel base and super slack head angle. The Honzo AL/DR is the same price with a dropper, lesser fork but has better geo, IMO. It has a short rear center, medium wheel base and slack head angle. The Honzo is more progressive overall with a greater reach and steeper seat tube angle. Those two measurements are pretty important, IME, in conjunction with rear center and head angle for indicating how the bike will ride.

mtbr member

mtbr member
    @Raleighguy29, how are you liking the SS and + setups? The chrome is looking good!

Anytime. Anywhere.
    My concern with the Scout is the 73° seat angle. 65° out front sounds fun to me.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by beer_coffee_water View Post
    @Raleighguy29, how are you liking the SS and + setups? The chrome is looking good!
    I am really liking it. My first ss with plus tires. And I’m really happy. I’ve had other ss but they weren’t plus. This bike is so much fun.

mtbr member
    My concern with the Scout is the 73° seat angle. 65° out front sounds fun to me.
    I agree and the seat tube angle is what bothers me the most with the Scout. My Honzo needs to be rebuilt with a -2° Works headset.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnuts View Post
    Had an NS Eccentric. Got me hooked on the hardtail. Unfortunately it was stolen off my hitch rack. Can’t say enough good about that bike!

Bummer, that was nice!

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Aug 2017

2017 Diamondback Mason Pro
    + Raceface Half Nelson grips
    + Raceface Turbine Dropper post lever
    + Crankbrothers Stamp 3 Large pedals

+ iPhone filters

mtbr member
    Do it ^^
    I'd take better spec over 1° or 2° in STA any day of the week ;-)

PS - YMMV, I find the Scout 290 to be a great climber... Especially on technical terrain.

Norðwegr
    The All Mountain Hardtail Thread. Post up yours.-1234.jpg

First shakedown ride of the year, started snowing

Got to route a new droppercable and it'll be ready to rock.

CoolArrow
    Updated the Dartmoor Hornet with some old school Haro Flat pedals and a 170mm RS Yari. Such a fun bike...

The All Mountain Hardtail Thread. Post up yours.-p1110789.jpg
    Cool BandolArrow

Jerry Hazard – website

mtbr member

My Current off roader

The All Mountain Hardtail Thread. Post up yours.-20476513_10207865786037318_7662943164449512946_n.jpg

mtbr member
    Gave the On One a little face lift and maintenance over the winter. Rebuilt the fork and dropped it down to 130mm, new wheelset, and some fresh powder coat.

Before shot

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by kyle_vk View Post
    Gave the On One a little face lift and maintenance over the winter. Rebuilt the fork and dropped it down to 130mm, new wheelset, and some fresh powder coat.

Before shot

Where did you have it powdercoated and how much? local place here wants $250.00 to powdercoat a bike frame

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by WhtKnightGdHart View Post
    Where did you have it powdercoated and how much? local place here wants $250.00 to powdercoat a bike frame
    Local place here in Michigan (coatings plus), I think I was out the door for $100 but I stripped the frame myself. $100 seems to be standard around here.

mtbr member
    Apr 2018
    My 2018 Vitus Nucleus 275 VR Large.
    The All Mountain Hardtail Thread. Post up yours.-2joup0z.jpg
    The All Mountain Hardtail Thread. Post up yours.-hql82jp.jpg
    Last edited by JerDerv; 04-27-2018 at 09:43 AM.

mtbr member
    Aug 2014

Here's mine, which I just picked up a couple days ago off CL. It's a 2015 Focus Raven with all Shimano Deore XT components, Race Face chainring, Maxxis tubeless tires on Martindale rims. The guy that I bought it from is a bikeaholic! He had a bunch of really nice bikes in his garage, including a new Lynskey MB and he has a Lynskey road bike ordered.
    Alan M
    Tullahoma, TN

2015 Focus Raven
    2016 Trek FX 7.4
    1896 Bellis

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by decotriumph View Post
    It's a 2015 Focus Raven with all Shimano Deore XT components, Race Face chainring, Maxxis tubeless tires on Martindale rims.
    What’s the travel on that thing? 60mm?

Tappin' via Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by kyle_vk View Post

Before shot

Looks good!

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    deleted
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The All Mountain Hardtail Thread. Post up yours.-yelli1.jpg  

Last edited by Shane5001; 05-17-2018 at 07:27 PM.

mtbr member
    Finished this today. I'll get out on it this weekend to tune it in. I can see myself putting lots of miles on this bike. It's a Nukeproof Scout 27.5.

The All Mountain Hardtail Thread. Post up yours.-img_1847.jpg
    2016 Transition Patrol
    2011 Stump Jumper
    2018 NukeProof Scout

mtbr member
    Interesting tire choices ;-)

Dropper inbound??

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBurnsie View Post
    Finished this today. I'll get out on it this weekend to tune it in. I can see myself putting lots of miles on this bike. It's a Nukeproof Scout 27.5.

Name:	IMG_1847.JPG 
Views:	224 
Size:	332.3 KB 
ID:	1194041
    Here's my latest tweaks to my 290 Scout ^^

*2018 Giant Switch 150mm dropper
    *30t Snaggletooth Oval
    *Venzo XC saddle (much more comfy than outgoing WTB)
    *New SLX 11-42 cassette
    *Sram PC110 11 speed chain

Looking to add some Orange grips...The All Mountain Hardtail Thread. Post up yours.-img_20180421_111800.jpg

mtbr member
    Jul 2016
    Here's my nimble 9

The All Mountain Hardtail Thread. Post up yours.-img_0814.jpg

Armature speller
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by targnik View Post
    Interesting tire choices ;-)
    It'll carry speed, that's for sure.

I run the same front, but the Crossmark II doesn't have enough edges to climb on the single speed.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by NordieBoy View Post
    It'll carry speed, that's for sure.

I run the same front, but the Crossmark II doesn't have enough edges to climb on the single speed.

I built the bike up as more of an all purpose trail bike. I'm replacing an older Ironhorse warrior for my "cardio" bike, but still wanted a bike I could take on some more technical trails. The tire combination was a recommendation I had seen one member give another in the past. I do have a dropper for it but haven't installed it yet.

2018 medium frame
    32mm Revelation set to 140mm
    Renthal FatBar lite/50mm Apex stem
    Red Monkey Klampz grips
    Sram Gx 1400 crankset/AB 32 oval
    CrankBrothers Stamp pedals
    XT 11/42 cassette
    XT RD
    XT shifter
    XT brakes F/R
    Stans Arch MK3
    Hope Pro4's F/R
    Maxxis Ardent Race/Crossmark II
    Specialized Henge Saddle
    Specialized IR 100mm post
    2016 Transition Patrol
    2011 Stump Jumper
    2018 NukeProof Scout

mtbr member
    Chromag Rootdown is ordered- should be ready to rip by the end of the month. For the time being I'm riding my buddies Primer.

mtbr member

My Trek 7000 Resto project!!

The All Mountain Hardtail Thread. Post up yours.-31350896_10209457660393182_7790577896231443568_n.jpgThe All Mountain Hardtail Thread. Post up yours.-31394379_10209472186076315_1592944273883271846_n.jpgThe All Mountain Hardtail Thread. Post up yours.-31408184_10209472183676255_5204413908488451037_n.jpgThe All Mountain Hardtail Thread. Post up yours.-31408386_10209472190036414_7659411148143654400_n.jpgThe All Mountain Hardtail Thread. Post up yours.-31445075_10209472188076365_8194224336125278507_n.jpgClick image for larger version. 

Name:	31394379_10209472186076315_1592944273883271846_n.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	44.2 KB 
ID:	1196227:d:d:d:d

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Probably get a little more feedback in the 26 forum.

Nice work though. Building is almost as much fun as riding.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by chelboed View Post
    Probably get a little more feedback in the 26 forum.

Nice work though. Building is almost as much fun as riding.
    Thank you! and Ooooops thought I was postingin the Hardtail forum.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009

Pretty much done with the build. Maybe go to a 11-40t cassette in the future, but the new 30t ring is working out fine for now. I think the last time I posted it in here I had just built it up with moved parts from my old rig and it was single speed on 26s with a rigid post. Although that was fun, it is much more capable now and is there for me when I push it, up or down. Biking is fun.

Tappin' via Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    My race bike for this year:

Stanton Switchback Ti MKII, 18", Long
    MRP Ribbon 140
    DT350 - Knight Enduro Rims
    SLX Brakes
    XT/XTR/Oneup/E13 Drive Train
    Revive 185 dropper

It's fast, long, low, slack, and light!

French line enthusiast and expat in Denver, ig; lazoup

I Like bikes, I really do

mtbr member
    The All Mountain Hardtail Thread. Post up yours.-18582367_10207356998717953_935199561943757554_n.jpg

mtbr member
    Feb 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by xavierp View Post
    My race bike for this year
    Sweet ride. What do you race with it?

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by huntergatherer View Post
    Sweet ride. What do you race with it?
    Enduro around colorado: Scott Enduro Cup, some BME's, some Revolution Enduro. I also have a big bike (GG Megatrail), so it's going to be venue dependent. But except for Keystone and maybe Snowmass, I think I'll stick with the hardtail
    French line enthusiast and expat in Denver, ig; lazoup

I Like bikes, I really do

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Just put this together. The All Mountain Hardtail Thread. Post up yours.-20180510_163615.jpg

Fox 36
    GX Eagle
    Descendant carbon cranks
    Highline dropper
    Sixc carbon bars
    Xt brakes
    I9 trail wheels
    Highroller ii
    Minion DHF
    Volt saddle
    RF Aeffect 35 stem.
    Last edited by mountainbikenaked; 05-11-2018 at 08:49 PM.

mtbr member
    Apr 2018
    The All Mountain Hardtail Thread. Post up yours.-7caf7fb8-0b7a-42a7-91b4-8fa5580de112.jpg

2018 Lynskey Pro 29
    DI2 XT 26/36-11-40 Syncro shift only
    All XT build
    DT Swiss 240s 54 pt
    32 SC Factory
    Watson Cycle’s titanium Revelation bar 31 sweep

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    The All Mountain Hardtail Thread. Post up yours.-img_3707.jpg

ROS9 converted to 275+

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    just finished this

Name:  web small1.JPG
Views: 1437
Size:  34.8 KB

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cameden View Post

Name:	IMG_3707.jpg 
Views:	172 
Size:	217.6 KB 
ID:	1197641

ROS9 converted to 275+
    whitch tire size?

mtbr member
    Feb 2017

nukeproof scout 275 2018

This is my Scout 275 (2018) in size S

Got some parts used, rest was bought new. Brakes came from another bike. Managed to stay under 1200 euro.

speclist:

-Scout 275 frame size S
    -Rockshox Pike RCT3 150mm 27,5+/29 (ordered 27.5 version but got this one after 2 months waiting, trying it out with a bit more sag)
    -Rockshox reverb 125mm dropper
    -650b boost wheels (got them slightly used, unknown brand, no decals)
    -Mavic Crossmax Quest 650b 2.4 tires (2x10 euro bargain)
    -Raceface 35mm 800mm handlebar (cut to 780)
    -Joystick 35x50 stem
    -Nukeproof saddle
    -Truvativ Stylo crank
    - Sixpack Icon Neon pedals
    -11sp shimano xt der
    -11sp KMC chain
    -11sp Zitto cassette to try out (Chinese cheap brand)
    -Shimano SLX brakes
    -Shimano SLX rear shifter 11sp
    -ergon grips
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The All Mountain Hardtail Thread. Post up yours.-fwz75cf.jpg  

The All Mountain Hardtail Thread. Post up yours.-jouuquo.jpg  

Last edited by Victor1977; 05-20-2018 at 02:19 AM. Reason: uploaded the pictures

Members who have read this thread: 594