Page 51 of 213 FirstFirst ... 41 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 61 101 151 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 5309
    mtb n00b
    Heres my Rockhopper. I know its not an AM rig but Im poor and its what I got lol I'm probably gonna throw a Recon 351 U-Turn 85mm-130mm on it next. I still ride XC trails as well so the low travel will be nice for the quick turn in. I would love to have some sweet AM trails around here but Florida sucks!

Last edited by Frankie Figs; 01-31-2010 at 09:37 PM.
    26" IS STILL ALIVE!

40a

Sinister

07 Sinister Ridge w 20mm DMR Trailblade. King to Mavic EN521s, Formula Megas 200/180, Thomson, EA70, X9, Kinetics 2.6, Funn saddle.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The All Mountain Hardtail Thread. Post up yours.-2ridge.jpg  

cosmic slop.

mtbr member

1.X and short X-7 are here + some mud tires to get me trough the winter.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by I.V.A.

1.X and short X-7 are here + some mud tires to get me trough the winter.

Gorgeous bike man! I love it. Sex on wheels...

what saddle is that?
    Looking for/WTB : Grove Innovations Assault Fork, Grove Innovation Hammerhead Stem or Hothead Bar Stem

mtbr member
    Thank you. Saddle is from Charge. The Spoon. Pretty durable, cheap and comfy.

bike-zilla
    Quote Originally Posted by 40a
    07 Sinister Ridge w 20mm DMR Trailblade. King to Mavic EN521s, Formula Megas 200/180, Thomson, EA70, X9, Kinetics 2.6, Funn saddle.
    Incredible build! I have come pretty close to buying a ridge lately, I am a huge fan of sinister and absolutely love my gruitr. How do you like the rigid fork? Whats the a2c?

40a
    Quote Originally Posted by greengreer
    How do you like the rigid fork? Whats the a2c?
    I'm not a weenie thats into ride quality or compliance; i just want a sturdy if not overbuilt straight leg fork... as long as its the right height, clearance, and bmx style (aka offset in the dropouts, not at the crown or by way of raking legs). The DMR matched per each of these factors. I like a steep head angle and the 440mm (listed) a2c works perfectly for me. The fork itself comes up a little shy of 440, so i threw the +5mm King baseplate on there to give me a little extra.
    cosmic slop.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by I.V.A.
    Saddle is from Charge. The Spoon. Pretty durable, cheap and comfy.
    +1 for it! really satisfied
    I'm from Ukraine, Kiev
    I'm graphics and web designer
    Follow me on Behance

One Love
    Nov 2009
    This bike is georgeous. Love the fullyrigid. what is the head angle? It looks really steep.

Hardtail reduces consciousness to a primal state of reacting. Show me that full squishers.

40a
    Quote Originally Posted by jinxley
    This bike is georgeous. Love the fullyrigid. what is the head angle? It looks really steep.
    stock at 68.5- with my set up it comes in somewhere between 70 and 71.
    cosmic slop.

A Mountainside=My Therapy
    Trek 3700
    Fox Vanilla 140 RL
    Avid BB7
    Deity Stem
    Specialized Enduro bar
    Stylo GXP Crankset
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The All Mountain Hardtail Thread. Post up yours.-image001.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ColoMtb20
    Trek 3700
    Fox Vanilla 140 RL
    Avid BB7
    Deity Stem
    Specialized Enduro bar
    Stylo GXP Crankset
    Haha - MSRP on that fork alone is almost twice MSRP on the whole bike.
    Looking for/WTB : Grove Innovations Assault Fork, Grove Innovation Hammerhead Stem or Hothead Bar Stem

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Cotic Soul 2010

Recently bought a orange P7 - see a couple of threads back, but the frame was too big for me - felt like a tank (stand over height was the issue).

Stripped the P7 frame and sold it on, bought the Cotic Soul (medium 17 1/2 inch), finished building up earlier today.

First ride tomorrow.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Lots of on-ones here. Lets post mine!

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by maartenv
    Lots of on-ones here. Lets post mine!

Is that seat-post inserted enough in the frame? LOL,there is almost as much seat-post sticking out as there is seat-tube on the frame. Looks like you need to move up a size.

Nice build though, look strong and fun.

One Love
    Nov 2009
    Sorry man but that just looks goofy, and must ride even more so.

Trek 3700
    Fox Vanilla 140 RL
    Avid BB7
    Deity Stem
    Specialized Enduro bar
    Stylo GXP Crankset
    Hardtail reduces consciousness to a primal state of reacting. Show me that full squishers.

Nope rides perfect.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jinxley
    Sorry man but that just looks goofy, and must ride even more so.
    The angles are all sorts of messed up on that bike, but thats what happens when you put a 140mm fork on a bike that was designed around 80mm. The 40mm stem must make things even more goofy. Bike that is too big + long travel fork + FR shorty stem = WTF geometry + handling.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Nope rides perfect.
    Out of curiosity did you change to a 9 speed chain when you put that crankset on or are you running a 9 sp crankset with a 7 speed chain?

The off set and gap dimensions were the same for the chain rings on the gxp and the stock crankset. So no problems arose. And there is no difference between the size of a 9 speed chain and a 7 speed chain. All are 3/32" regardless of speed.
    Last edited by ColoMtb20; 02-05-2010 at 05:59 PM.

mtbr member
    Updated picture of my Hucker. Just realized that the threads first post has no pictures. I lost them when my ISP deleted our account by accident. Any who here she is. All thats left is new stem and handle bar, then its complete.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    That looks like a rock solid rig man...nice!

40a
    And there is no difference between the size of a 9 speed chain and a 7 speed chain. All are 3/32" regardless of speed.
    3/32 is the (inner) roller width. what matters is the (outer) width from plate to plate. funny though: a quick msmt of a PC-870 against a PC 971 showed about the same outer width.. though my eyeball aint so good without a vernier caliper. I'm sure someone else'll post up on this..
    cosmic slop.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    3/32 is the (inner) roller width. what matters is the (outer) width from plate to plate. funny though: a quick msmt of a PC-870 against a PC 971 showed about the same outer width.. though my eyeball aint so good without a vernier caliper. I'm sure someone else'll post up on this..
    7/8/9 speed chains all have different outer widths...and different combination's of cassettes/rings/chains can cause problems. That said, a narrow chain (9 speed) will work on any setup. I am guessing that in the post I referred to (which the poster confirmed through his measurements) the crankset that came ont he 7 speed drivetrain was using a narrow chain and equivalent spacing on the rings. It would save shimano money to only do one setup, and since it would work with any rear (7/8/9) they would not have problems.

I still am wondering, however, why someone would buy a $600 shock, a $150 crankset, and other parts for a $350 bike that looks to be way to big.
    Last edited by apat13; 02-05-2010 at 08:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by apat13

I still am wondering why someone would buy a $600 shock, a $150 crankset, and other parts for a $350 bike that looks to be way to big.
    Correct it WAS a $350 bike. However the frame is a beast and is great for the type of riding I do. Basically in the end I spent $350 on shifters and a frame. Yes the bike may be big, but being that I am 6'5" it is actually a very good fit for me. Just because it wouldn't fit one person doesn't mean the bike wouldn't be a perfect fit for another.

That being said, good to know about the the chains, I just thought there was a difference in design between the two, such as actual joint and metallurgical construction, not size difference. Just new technology and stuff. Good to know.

Page 51 of 213 FirstFirst ... 41 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 61 101 151 ... LastLast