Page 4 of 117 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 200 of 5839
  1. #151
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    82
    Thanks. Updated pedals today to ZuZu pedals.

    jeff
    www.madkobayashi.com
    www.shorelinecycleworld.com
    06 Transition Vagrant
    08 Gaint Reign X1

  2. #152
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    45
    here is my all everything hard tail. I will be using it for everything from urban, to jumping, to downhill and everything else in between

    08 GF Mullet


  3. #153
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    21

    Diamondback Zetec DBR

    My DB Zetec DBR.
    Deore XT, Bomber Z4, Hayes 660 db, formula hubs, etc...
    Pretty good bike for 250 bucks.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  4. #154
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    667
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Kobayashi
    Thanks. Updated pedals today to ZuZu pedals.

    jeff


    just wanted to point out the pedals...
    looks like u covered all bases...


  5. #155
    *Contents Under Pressure
    Reputation: hotfeat1227's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    353

    my new jamis

    just bought an 05 Jamis Komodo ... i think it fits the AM bill nicely

    There is an art, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.

  6. #156
    mtbr member
    Reputation: coffeegeek2112's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    273
    Here is my gt avalanche, marin pine mountain, and dmr switchback.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  7. #157
    mtbr member
    Reputation: coffeegeek2112's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    273
    I forgot the mosso and leader.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  8. #158
    = dirt torpedo =
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,210
    Quote Originally Posted by zephyr11
    1st post;

    here's mine.

    all stock cept for seat+ saddle, grips & tires.



    sick bike!

  9. #159
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,385

    24-7 AM Crosser



    17 1/2" 24-7 AM Crosser
    changed a bit since the photo
    XT 07 Cranks
    XT 08 Front and rear Shadow Deralier
    XT 08 Shifters
    XT 07 chain and cassette
    XT 07 Hydro brakes 203 front 180 rear
    Race face Atlas AM Bars and Stem, carbon spacer
    SDG carbon set post and seat, hope clamp
    Mavic crossride disc wheels
    Kenda Nevgal tyres 2.35
    06 Marazzoci AM 1 130-150mm
    FSA Integrated head set
    29lb

  10. #160
    Spin-stabilized
    Reputation: bailout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,329

    I'll play...

    06 Chameleon built with parts lying around as a trasher bike. Awesome geo for aggressive riding and corners like crazy it's like cheating! I takes me a while to adjust to my other bikes when riding super tight switchbacks after being on the lizard for a while.






  11. #161
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    151
    My 17" (L) 2006 Kona Stuff do-it-all



    I got this bike secondhand, stock and then upgraded. It's my first 'gravity' bike. I picked a U-turn 409 (coil) Pike, X9 drivetrain and I recently got a set Hope M4 discbrakes (not pictured yet). I've had it for about a year now and it has been used this far as an Urban Assault/streetbike, 4x and freerider. This set-up really works for me. The bike really shines on rough descents with the fork on 140mm and has exeeded my expectations so far

    I don't have a lot of 'action-shots' but here's is one dropping of a table in a local skatepark.

    Last edited by George2; 11-21-2007 at 12:23 AM.

  12. #162
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    667
    Quote Originally Posted by blender
    sick bike!


    did more minor upgrades since then, brake cables & pads (well quite major to me), they feel superb now, lookin for a smaller saddle, and also a headset.

    will post more pics onces its sorted...
    if i'm lucky maybe even some wheels....


  13. #163
    Ignores his brakes
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    6
    Gotta love HT's. I have a semi-crappy Trek 3700, still all-stock, just did a little weight-saving. I'm saving up for a GF Tassajara, or maybe a Specialized Rockhopper. I've ridden both extensively, and couldn't imagine buying a Full-suspension bike.

  14. #164
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    57
    Hey CoffeeGeek,
    How do you like that leader when compaired to the other bikes in your stable?
    Steve

  15. #165
    mtbr member
    Reputation: coffeegeek2112's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    273
    It is my least favorite. I have not taken the marin out yet, but the dmr is the most fun to ride, with the gt a close second. I have not found the right stem length on the leader to be totally comfortable.

  16. #166
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    6
    Here's my go-fast hard tail. Giant Formula 1 Composite. Just a little over 21.5lbs...that includes the pedals and bottle cages. Most interesting part may be the Paul's Components Thumbies...accept Shimano's 9sp drop bar bar-end shifters and convert them into retro-style top-mount thumb shifters. These are the lightest indexed shifters that can be run... but efficient ergonomics are sacrificed a bit. I've also got a Pugsley that I ride when speed is not the priority...and extremely loose or soft surfaces are. Two hardtails that are definitely near the ends of the two extremes.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  17. #167
    mtbr member
    Reputation: frisky_zissou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    694
    DJ bikes honestly make the perfect all round (not just AM, everything) bike.

    Reasons:
    • Its all in the fork. Im running a PIKE on mine. Something with adjustable travel and a lockout is needed. For AM riding I have my fork at around 120. DH - 140. Road and DJ's - 95.
    • As these bikes are hartails, that means you can comfortably ride them on road and cross country with out losing to much energy.
    • Being hartails also keeps the weight down. I was able to have beefy cranks and heavy wheels as the frame was light!
    • Tyres are extremely important. Holy rollers are light and get decent traction on the dirt. They also roll incredibly well on the pavement. That said I recently swithed to Kenda Small Block 8 to get a little more traction.
    Problems: The only suffering is I find is on steep climbs that need traction. There are few of them in my area but they are bad enough to make me consider a dually. I consider it for a little while then I come around and realise my bike is perfect.

    Single speed:
    I recently went single speed as I kept killing derailuers. It has made me much faster as I was constantly standing. This means I was able to lower my seat and handle the downhills as a different beast. I strongly recomend giving it a go. However, the longest SS ride I have been on was 10 miles. I wouldnt want to go on a longer ride.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  18. #168
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    71
    Hey all, I have been lurking on this thread a bit prior to building up this bike, my first AM rig!!! Definite lack of Specialists around here!!! I just built this up yesterday, after riding strictly XC bikes for a while I decided I wanted something a little more huckable. Fork is a Reba 100mm and I need to change it! Considering a Revelation 426 U-turn air. Wheels are cheap Rhyno lite on Deore hubs, I would like to swap those with a nice @2000g all mountain wheelset. Everything else will stay except the controls (deore dual control) may be upgraded if and when budget allows. Bike currently weighs just under 27lbs.


  19. #169
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    667
    Quote Originally Posted by kylen721
    here is my all everything hard tail. I will be using it for everything from urban, to jumping, to downhill and everything else in between

    08 GF Mullet



    Sweet!
    was one of the bikes i considered getting, didn't know it comes in white...

    suggestion;
    if u don't use the cage take it off, bet it'll look better without.


  20. #170
    I AM I AM
    Reputation: ducktape's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,221
    Quote Originally Posted by tom2304
    DJ bikes honestly make the perfect all round (not just AM, everything) bike.

    Reasons:
    • Its all in the fork. Im running a PIKE on mine. Something with adjustable travel and a lockout is needed. For AM riding I have my fork at around 120. DH - 140. Road and DJ's - 95.
    • As these bikes are hartails, that means you can comfortably ride them on road and cross country with out losing to much energy.
    • Being hartails also keeps the weight down. I was able to have beefy cranks and heavy wheels as the frame was light!
    • Tyres are extremely important. Holy rollers are light and get decent traction on the dirt. They also roll incredibly well on the pavement. That said I recently swithed to Kenda Small Block 8 to get a little more traction.
    Problems: The only suffering is I find is on steep climbs that need traction. There are few of them in my area but they are bad enough to make me consider a dually. I consider it for a little while then I come around and realise my bike is perfect.

    Single speed:
    I recently went single speed as I kept killing derailuers. It has made me much faster as I was constantly standing. This means I was able to lower my seat and handle the downhills as a different beast. I strongly recomend giving it a go. However, the longest SS ride I have been on was 10 miles. I wouldnt want to go on a longer ride.
    Got to say I agree with you there, that's why I'm making my next bike an STP 0, already purchased the pikes for it!
    I reckon only taller / bigger people may be limited with regards to cockpit room, for me it should be ideal even for the long rides, and 1x9 will be plenty of gears.

    You know I've been looking at the geo numbers for heaps of different bikes (including the likes of Chameleon & Scirocco) and really there isn't that much difference. People say the short chainstays are the downfall when it comes to DH or XC riding, but then take a look at the overall numbers, the STP has a longer wheelbase than giants entry level XC bike (Giant Alias or Giant XTC) in a 17" size! The STP will have nicer all round geometry & really the only downside (which isn't a downside to me) is having to have a bit more of the seatpost sticking out for those XC rides.

  21. #171
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    45
    Quote Originally Posted by zephyr11
    Sweet!
    was one of the bikes i considered getting, didn't know it comes in white...

    suggestion;
    if u don't use the cage take it off, bet it'll look better without.

    Haha yeah it will probably look a lot better with it off, but they tossed it in with my bike so I did not even think about it. as vain as it may be I will probably take it off soon now that I think about it.

  22. #172
    Shortcutting Hikabiker
    Reputation: Acme54321's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    3,129
    Kylen what size is that? Seeing your pic got me interested in getting one of these. Looks like a good base bike for the price.

  23. #173
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    35
    My do anything go-buggy:

    Frame: 07 Litespeed Obed
    Fork: 08 fox rlc
    Brakes: Avid juicy 7
    Cranks: 08 XT
    Front Derailleur: Sram X-0
    Rear Derailleur: 06 XTR
    Pedals:Easton Flatboys
    Stem: EA70 90mm
    Handlebar: Easton Monkey lite XC
    Seatpost: Easton Ec70
    Saddle: Selle Italia carbino slr
    Bottom Bracket: XT
    Cassette: Shimano
    Headset: King
    Grips: Old syncros (goooey)
    Tires: WTB Mutanos
    Wheels: Mavic Cross rides
    Weight: I have no idea
    Attached Images Attached Images

  24. #174
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    94
    I agree as well, I take my STP2 every where, and im getting a Pike for it soon to make it even more versitile.

  25. #175
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    45
    Quote Originally Posted by Acme54321
    Kylen what size is that? Seeing your pic got me interested in getting one of these. Looks like a good base bike for the price.
    mine is a 15.5" I am 5'9 and I really like how it fits me. tons of control and just a lot of fun to ride.

  26. #176
    Shortcutting Hikabiker
    Reputation: Acme54321's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    3,129
    Quote Originally Posted by kylen721
    mine is a 15.5" I am 5'9 and I really like how it fits me. tons of control and just a lot of fun to ride.
    Sweet. I am 5'9 as well and I was thinking about getting a 15.5". I checked yesterday and they are out of stock with an ETA of mid January.

  27. #177
    Sir Hurt Locker
    Reputation: 2_Tires's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,007
    Quote Originally Posted by George2
    My 17" (L) 2006 Kona Stuff do-it-all



    I got this bike secondhand, stock and then upgraded. It's my first 'gravity' bike. I picked a U-turn 409 (coil) Pike, X9 drivetrain and I recently got a set Hope M4 discbrakes (not pictured yet). I've had it for about a year now and it has been used this far as an Urban Assault/streetbike, 4x and freerider. This set-up really works for me. The bike really shines on rough descents with the fork on 140mm and has exeeded my expectations so far

    I don't have a lot of 'action-shots' but here's is one dropping of a table in a local skatepark.

    This bike is gorgeous!!! I know what my next hardtail is gonna be. Excellent work with the mods!!!

  28. #178
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    667
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^

    agreed, STP is a good frame for everything, just get a thomson seat post if u need more then abit sticking out.


    some minor upgrades, never would i have thought that getting new brake cables would make so much difference(in a good way of course), even when my cables(stock) aren't even 6mths old.

    headset, as good as it gets, don't think i'll ever need another headset.

    barends, can't get enough of skulls...

    saving for some wheels....









  29. #179
    mtbr member
    Reputation: MMcG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    9,587
    That's a pretty sick bike. Link to the company's web site?

  30. #180
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    667
    Thanks...


    NS BIKES

    NS CORE

    http://www.ns-bikes.com/?PHPSESSID=9...61e759668db668


    but the one i have won't be out till 08, its a slightly diff frame from the 07.


  31. #181
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    16
    Drool.. The NS Core is gorgeous..

  32. #182
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Huph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    137
    Cotic Soul, with 100 - 130 Pace fork

    Love it lots.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Too Old to Die Young

  33. #183
    mtbr member
    Reputation: antonio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,978

    Evil





    Attached Images Attached Images

  34. #184
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    667
    sweet sovereign!
    quik qn, did that saddle come with a yeti frame or did u get it seperate from yeti or wtb?

  35. #185
    mtbr member
    Reputation: antonio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,978
    Thanks! It came with my Yeti. You'll find them on ebay occasionally .

  36. #186
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    21

    My 2007 DB Response

    Deore XT drivetrain,
    Hollowtech cranks and BB,
    Koski stem and bars,
    Hayes 660 DB,
    Formula hubs,
    Selle Italia saddle,
    Marzocchi Bomber Z4,
    Speeddisc wheels,
    Avid 1.9L shifters
    Not Bad for $250.00 bucks.
    Last edited by HighDive; 12-05-2007 at 05:59 AM. Reason: Why not

  37. #187
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    27
    2008 GIANT Yukon XXL 24" frame. I'm a Clyde and a half at 6'9" 300 lbs

    Everything is stock except for the softer seat, better pedals and oh... the Fox Vanilla 140mm fork I just put on.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  38. #188
    lowdesertpunk
    Reputation: papajoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    53
    damn, that cotic is sweet. though i don't like negative stems.

  39. #189
    attending to my vices
    Reputation: moshelove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    461
    Quote Originally Posted by giant24niner
    2008 GIANT Yukon XXL 24" frame. I'm a Clyde and a half at 6'9" 300 lbs

    Everything is stock except for the softer seat, better pedals and oh... the Fox Vanilla 140mm fork I just put on.

    Daaaaamn, your huge! You got's to put up a picture of an action shot! 3 words: 20mm through axle.

    Enjoy the ride it looks sweet.
    OVER THE LINE SMOKEY!

  40. #190
    cgd
    cgd is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: cgd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    171
    here she is, poor picture and background though..


  41. #191
    cgd
    cgd is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: cgd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    171
    and when she was one day old....


  42. #192
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    667
    ^^^^^^^^^

    sure looks like a looooong time ago....

    sidenote;

    do u leave it like all muddied till ur next ride?

  43. #193
    cgd
    cgd is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: cgd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    171
    lol, 18 months old now.

    no, i was just about to wash her, mech hanger snapped on the ride so had to singlespeed her to save the long walk home...

  44. #194
    Fragilie
    Reputation: Eric B's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    775

    Santa Cruz Chamleon

    Currently in SS mode for ****z and giggles.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    It's Better To Die On Your Feet Than To Live On Your Knees. (Emiliano Zapata)

  45. #195
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    667
    Quote Originally Posted by cgd
    lol, 18 months old now.

    no, i was just about to wash her, mech hanger snapped on the ride so had to singlespeed her to save the long walk home...

    glad to know that, was just wondering why u have cassette n running ss...
    glad u made it hm safe....


  46. #196
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jmzd4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    19
    My '94 Giant. Still all stock.



    and my new '08 baby


  47. #197
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    667
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^

    just saw the cannondale in the lbs, looks decent....
    rides well?

  48. #198
    mtbr member
    Reputation: willis.4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    151

    My Stiffee

    I haven't posted here in a while tonight it warmed up from 28 yesterday to 65 today so I jumped out of work early and did some night riding. Not the best picture but shows some updates.



    It's a Cove Stiffee with '08 Fox Vanilla RLC XTR and XT bits Juciy 5 185 front 160 rear.
    Not in full gear missing the setback thomson and fizik saddle but those are on the trainer bike being used more often.

    There are some sweet bikes through here hope everyone uses them for what you or someone else built them for.

    Enjoy!
    Willis

  49. #199
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    71
    I know I posted this bike on the last page but I have finally finished making the build more appropriate for all mountain use, got an 08 Fox Talas RLC fork, Spinergy Xyclone Enduro Wheels, and an Easton Vice AM Stem. Bike rides amazing and feels good in the mud (we finally have a little mud around D.C.) Also added the orange Acid pedals, giving clipless a try for AM use, I use eggbeaters on my XC bikes, this is my first AM bike. Any suggestions or opinions are greatly appreciated. Please note the seatpost is in "getting to the trail" mode. One thing I am considering is a Speedball R or Gravity dropper seatpost.


  50. #200
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1

    £600/£700 To Spend On Hardtail

    I need to buy a Hardtail as a present for Christmas but only have £600-700 to spend.
    I think my best options are a Cannondale F4 or a Specialised Rockhopper Pro
    The person who is getting this wants a light bike so I presume the Cannondale is lightest but is it as good a bike as the Specialised.
    Should I be looking at any other bikes?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •