Page 160 of 209 FirstFirst ... 60 110 150 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 170 ... LastLast
Results 3,976 to 4,000 of 5207
    mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Last edited by Alex31; 01-15-2013 at 05:05 PM.

fraid of heights
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex31 View Post
    A few upgrades...

That looks like a really heavy hardtail...
    Quote Originally Posted by the_owl
    Everytime you ride in mud, god kills a kitten.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by stiingya View Post
    That looks like a really heavy hardtail...
    lol and it must have a 1000lb spring on there to make it a hardtail

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    LOL,,,

Riding is never fun...

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    that hardtail looks flexy

no trees are safe
    Think you misclicked the thread mate.

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Sorry all wrong thread...was meant to go into AM thread...removing now

mtbr member
    I just finished building this up.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    just finished this:

2011 norco charger.
    140mm tapered RS sektor. canecreek 44/39.8 conversion cup
    black flags, 1x9 (for now), sram truvativ usual stuff, hayes stroker trail 203/180

mtbr member
    Jan 2013

Trying to get my 5 posts in...

I've got a stock Cannondale trail sl2 26" as my main bike and a Cannondale F5 as a back-up. I also have a really cool pic ...not of the bike but what my bikes front chain ring did to my leg about a month ago. Enjoy!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The All Mountain Hardtail Thread. Post up yours.-img_20120722_140801.jpg  

The All Mountain Hardtail Thread. Post up yours.-img_20120722_155646.jpg  

meh?
    Quote Originally Posted by FoamyDog View Post
    I've got a stock Cannondale trail sl2 26" as my main bike and a Cannondale F5 as a back-up. I also have a really cool pic ...not of the bike but what my bikes front chain ring did to my leg about a month ago. Enjoy!!
    2013 Chromag Rootdown
    2010 SC Chameleon
    2001 Specalized Rockhopper FSR

mtbr member
    May 2010
    That is quite a cut my friend. I have scars on my leg from my gears as well not as pretty as yours but have scars now.

Anyways I have a question I need help with. Still running my stock cane creek headset loose caged bearing on my 2010 hardrock build. Running a 2012 rockshox recon solo air set to 5" travel. Suspension leaves a little to be desired as it is only turn key lockout. My question is should. Upgrade to a cane creek s-8, forty series or should I upgrade my fork with a argyle motion control damper with low speed compression dampening and flood gate adjustment. Just not sure how much abuse stock headset will take

mtbr member
    bloody hell!
    i bet this caused by front chainring without rockring?
    I'm from Ukraine, Kiev
    I'm graphics and web designer
    Follow me on Behance

no trees are safe
    Quote Originally Posted by FoamyDog View Post
    Damn dude I've had a few chain ring tattoos but yours a chain ring incision! Hope you've got it treated properly.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by shreddin22 View Post
    That is quite a cut my friend. I have scars on my leg from my gears as well not as pretty as yours but have scars now.

Anyways I have a question I need help with. Still running my stock cane creek headset loose caged bearing on my 2010 hardrock build. Running a 2012 rockshox recon solo air set to 5" travel. Suspension leaves a little to be desired as it is only turn key lockout. My question is should. Upgrade to a cane creek s-8, forty series or should I upgrade my fork with a argyle motion control damper with low speed compression dampening and flood gate adjustment. Just not sure how much abuse stock headset will take
    Hey shreddin22, I'm not the best guy to be asking about full suspension bikes yet. I'm in the market to buy one currently but if you need help about the best E.R.'s in the D.C. Metro area, hit me up

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Millfox View Post
    Damn dude I've had a few chain ring tattoos but yours a chain ring incision! Hope you've got it treated properly.
    Yeah Millfox, I've reviewed the wreck in my head over and over and still can't figure out how I managed to do this much damage either. I, too, have had plenty of chain ring tat's but nothing like this. 25 stitches outside, 18 inside and because it was so deep it ended up getting infected so I spent 4 days in the hospital and almost 9k in MEDICAL BILLS! Of course, I'm one of the millions of uninsured so I'll be paying on this long after the bike is gone. Oh well, the price you pay to do the things you love. Just gotta write it off...and keep riding!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by shreddin22 View Post
    If your headset isnt ticking or indexing then it's working as well as a pricier headset.

The Argyle Moco will make a huge difference. Be sure to check the levels of oil in the damper when you replace the cartridge.

For now if you're having issues with the fork blowing through it's travel you can play around with adding oil on top of the air piston to make the fork more progressive. RS has moved away from oil on the spring side of their forks but it's still a good trick to make a linear feeling air fork more progressive. Not a replacement for good damping but something that could help in the meantime if you're on a budget.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Map204 View Post
    Nice work, huh! Plus 4 days in hospital = 9K I must pay. Damn, it's too bad ObamaCare isn't here yet.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by d.n.s View Post
    bloody hell!
    i bet this caused by front chainring without rockring?
    I don't know what a "rockring" is but I'm guessing it would have helped prevent gashing my leg to the bone It's funny, I just checked my other bikes and my cheap-o GT hybrid is the only one that does have a "rockring" on it and that bike is only used for commuter/road riding so it's a waste. None of the "mountain" bikes I've seen have a rockring on them. The only good thing about this accident it made me get off my ass and finally go buy a helmet. I've been riding for over 30 years (20 hardcore) and I kept telling my family/friends I had never really gotten hurt riding and I would get a helmet.....eventually. Well, eventually is here with a vengeance and even though I hate helmets, I really hate being a drain bramaged idiot more (although my girlfriend doubts there would be much difference even if I got in an accident w/out a helmet) Be safe d.n.s.and happy trails to you.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    I just did a fork service to extend it from 100mm to 120mm. And changed the fork fluid viscosity to a 10 weight instead of 5 weight. 127ml in the damper side. I think I will go with the moco upgrade and worry about the headset after that. Those are the only 2 other things my bike needs and I am all done buying stuff

mtbr member
    May 2010
    I figured the argyle is the damper to use as it offers adjustment. And the argyle is the only other fork that has steel upper tubes. I have heard I can't use the dampers from the aluminum rockshox

mtbr member
    Jun 2012

Drop Ship Pimp2

Haven't been on here for a while, see the threads changed title see the lighterweight rides cropping up. And a springer

To balance out karma and the lighter things, dug out some of my Atomlab Pimp2, granted it's a bit more downhill than All Mountain in this set up, i will find the geared photos from racing Fort William (they made us ride up so thats All Mountain)

Anyway, a blind race run, none of us knew what was ahead (apart from locals) i built up expecting to roll off the heli and straight down the steeper boulder face of Glencoe mountain to meet up with the downhill racetrack lower down. I went for steep riding and mech ripping rocks, so burly will survive intact.

Glencoe is close to Fort William in Scotland, it's shorter than the WC track but more technical and more of a mech ripper.
    Atomlab Pimp2
    Zocchi 66rv 07 with top caps removed for frame clearance when crashing.
    Brakes and wheels donated from same 07 SXtrail as the fork.
    Hone cranks
    GamutUSA Bash ring and Saint chain ring 36t
    DMR V8 pedals
    Spank stem and Spike 777 bars
    Thomson seatpost and Pimp Gusset saddle
    Continental Rain King tyres
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The All Mountain Hardtail Thread. Post up yours.-004.jpg  

The All Mountain Hardtail Thread. Post up yours.-005.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Nice Setup!!

undercover brother
    Quote Originally Posted by Ace. View Post
    Haven't been on here for a while, see the threads changed title see the lighterweight rides cropping up. And a springer

To balance out karma and the lighter things, dug out some of my Atomlab Pimp2, granted it's a bit more downhill than All Mountain in this set up, i will find the geared photos from racing Fort William (they made us ride up so thats All Mountain)

Anyway, a blind race run, none of us knew what was ahead (apart from locals) i built up expecting to roll off the heli and straight down the steeper boulder face of Glencoe mountain to meet up with the downhill racetrack lower down. I went for steep riding and mech ripping rocks, so burly will survive intact.

Glencoe is close to Fort William in Scotland, it's shorter than the WC track but more technical and more of a mech ripper.
    Atomlab Pimp2
    Zocchi 66rv 07 with top caps removed for frame clearance when crashing.
    Brakes and wheels donated from same 07 SXtrail as the fork.
    Hone cranks
    GamutUSA Bash ring and Saint chain ring 36t
    DMR V8 pedals
    Spank stem and Spike 777 bars
    Thomson seatpost and Pimp Gusset saddle
    Continental Rain King tyres
    Nice setup

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Will have a sort out on the computer and find more.

Expect some action from Superfly and Charge and Spesh to come, all with 6" travel up front