• 07-23-2016
    mountainbiker24
    Quote:

Originally Posted by honourablegeorge View Post
    @Lynx - climbs really well - you can't look at HA in isolation to decide how a bike will climb. Steep seat angle has more to do with it. Got zero isues with front wheel lifting or anything like that. It's a well sorted frame, you're nicely centred between the wheels for up and down.

Seat tube angle lets you put your seat in proper relation to the pedals. Too steep and it won't pedal well on the flats. I guess if you're either going up or down, a super steep seat tube angle would work pretty well.
  • 07-25-2016
    Jsmith1
    1 Attachment(s)
    I've been riding my Ros 9 for a few months now. It's been a great bike.
  • 07-30-2016
    zahgurim
    1 Attachment(s)
    Got tired of waiting for parts to show up, borrowed parts from other bikes last night to ride today.

Attachment 1085014
  • 07-30-2016
    patrick2cents
    Quote:

Originally Posted by zahgurim View Post
    Got tired of waiting for parts to show up, borrowed parts from other bikes last night to ride today.

Attachment 1085014

Unobtanium fork... gearbox drivetrain... wild frame... seriously tell me more about this bike, it may be one of the most interesting I've come across!
  • 07-31-2016
    zahgurim
    Quote:

Originally Posted by patrick2cents View Post
    Unobtanium fork... gearbox drivetrain... wild frame... seriously tell me more about this bike, it may be one of the most interesting I've come across!

Zero Cycles Jackalope frame. AM hardtail, built for a lifetime of fun. :)
    Currently running 26" wheels, waiting for 650B parts to come in.
    I run the Pinion on my touring bike, it's been solid. I like the gearbox enough that I built an AM frame around the same drivetrain.
    No more dealing with cassettes, derailleurs, and everchanging axle and BB standards is awesome.
  • 08-01-2016
    l'oiseau
    4 Attachment(s)
    Attachment 1085456
    Attachment 1085453Attachment 1085454Attachment 1085455

I'm loving this bike. It's a little hefty, but man it rides great - especially downhill.
  • 08-02-2016
    LyNx
    You "might" just want to check the QR on your fork axle, it is not supposed to point forward, carefully read the manual that came with your fork, it is very specific about where the release should be/point and how to adjust it.
    Quote:

Originally Posted by l'oiseau View Post
    Attachment 1085456
    I'm loving this bike. It's a little hefty, but man it rides great - especially downhill.

• 08-02-2016
    l'oiseau
    Ahh - thanks! I knew that was not preferable but I didn't know there was an adjustment.
  • 08-13-2016
    Afun
    What's the deal with the Ragley bike? What's the secret?
  • 08-15-2016
    bellnghmrider
    Fuji Nevada 1.7 29er
    Scwalbe Rapid Rob rear
    Conti Trail King front
    Manitou Marvel Pro 100mm
    Ergon GE1 grips
    DMR V12 flat pedals
    Bell gel seat (hey, it's better than stock)
    All else is stock, but I may go with a 1x10 drivetrain...just not really feeling the need for it, though. Dropper seat post will be added for sure.

• 08-15-2016
    coke
    1 Attachment(s)
    Niner ROS 9. Heavy frame, but was able to finish the build under 26 pounds without sacrificing much strength :)

Attachment 1088241
  • 08-15-2016
    jcd46
    Quote:

Originally Posted by coke View Post
    Niner ROS 9. Heavy frame, but was able to finish the build under 26 pounds without sacrificing much strength :)

Attachment 1088241

Nice!