Page 110 of 213 FirstFirst ... 10 60 100 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 120 160 210 ... LastLast
Results 2,726 to 2,750 of 5309
    mtbr member
    Is that a bell hanging off your top tube?
    If so ... you gotta sound like the "Super G" during the winter olympics when you come cruise'n by.

Quote Originally Posted by howard619 View Post
    On that note...check out my Kona steely. Introduced in 2011, and redesigned for 2012. It climbs everything and rips downhill. I've cleaned 31% grades and with 130mm travel up front, the bottom bracket is at a low 12 inches, making for some high G turns.
    '12 Transition Bandit29
    '12 Transition TransAM 29
    '13 On-One Inbred 29'er LTD ED Single Speed

mtbr member
    Jan 2012

New Ride

Well i just picked up a used but new to me 2008 Norco Rivel. I'm new to the biking world and can't wait to start this summer. I would upload a picture..but i need more posts

I have a couple questions if anyone could help me out.

Because it was used. I would like to upgrade the grips, and pedals. I don't know brands I just want good grip.

Thanks for any info you can give.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    My 2011 Specialized Comp 29 Aluminum. All stock here except for WTB Bronson 2.2s. Added G3185 in front and G3SS 160 in rear later.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The All Mountain Hardtail Thread. Post up yours.-my-29er-web-800.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    yep...that's a bell. It's for warning the hikers and mountain lions that I'm coming. Most hikers seem to appreciate it, mountain lions - can't tell, but makes good conversation with cougars

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Will Goes Boing View Post
    Posted this up in XC section and got some lip for the flat pedals, dropper seat post, short stem, and wide bars. I guess it belongs here! 24lbs, climbs like a mountain goat and holds its own on the descents.
    Wow nice bike, what's the spec ?

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    I see alot of pikes here, but i seem to find any, are those forks out of production? I hear alot of good things about it, i just cant seem to find any.

Dive Bomber

32x18 is killing me so I run 32x20.
    Since I can't find 19T cog and 34T chainring is too expensive, 22x13 the chain hits the tire LOL.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by pemangsa_buto View Post
    I see alot of pikes here, but i seem to find any, are those forks out of production? I hear alot of good things about it, i just cant seem to find any.
    Last Pike was 2010. Replace with the RS Sektor fork.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by eurospek View Post
    Last Pike was 2010. Replace with the RS Sektor fork.
    And if so, what's your weight? I weigh 78kg (170lbs +-) and the RL version I had always pulled me over the bars when braking. I realized coil version is just too linear for people over 150lb. Never liked that, but otherwise is a very plush (obviously) and stiff fork.
    Banshee Paradox V2
    Santa Cruz Tallboy LT

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Dirty as it should be.

2011 Transition TransAM
    Last edited by StarXed; 02-02-2012 at 08:22 AM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Helmetless View Post
    And if so, what's your weight? I weigh 78kg (170lbs +-) and the RL version I had always pulled me over the bars when braking. I realized coil version is just too linear for people over 150lb. Never liked that, but otherwise is a very plush (obviously) and stiff fork.
    Good point. I had a Pike 454 U-Turn Coil on my previous On-One Summer Season and even with a firm spring upgrade, I've read reviews that for my weight it will still be too little. Traded in for a Pike 454 non U-Turn Air and it was much better. I could have made it as plush or as firm as I wanted it. That sold me on air forks, but ultimately I ended up getting a Fox 36 Float. :d

The springs upgrades are pretty costly at $40+ for each spring, air just offers much more tuneability and a lighter package overall.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by StarXed View Post
    Dirty as it should be.
    2011 Transition TransAM
    Is that the Fox 32 Float 150?
    2012 Intense M9
    2012 Pivot Mach 5.7 Carbon
    2008 Look 595
    2007 Custom Litespeed Sewanee

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbnozpikr View Post
    Is that the Fox 32 Float 150?
    Yeah. 2012 Float 32 150 RLC.

mtbr member
    Yeah. 2012 Float 32 150 RLC.
    How do you like it? How does it handle the climbs? Descents? How is the stiffness? I may pick one up for a build in late summer.
    2012 Intense M9
    2008 Look 595

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    How do you like it? How does it handle the climbs? Descents? How is the stiffness? I may pick one up for a build in late summer.
    I like it a lot. Its a huge improvement over the Float 32 100RL I had on my old bike. Much stiffer and confidence inspiring. I'm a big guy (280lbs) so there is some flex, but none that makes me concerned.
    Its hard to comment on its climbing ability. I came from a 100mm travel fork on an XC bike which was an awesome climber. The TransAM with this fork and a 50mm stem was too squirrely on any substantial incline. It climbed like a mountain goat with a 110mm stem, but that ended up with me too stretched out and hurt my back. I have a 75mm stem on it now and its pretty much dialed in and climbs really well. There is more bob in the front when Im standing and pedaling uphill, but that's because Im running the fork at a lower pressure and I am a really big dude. I guess I would rate the fork's climbing performance a 3.5 out of 5 when compared to the older fork, but it makes up for it in spades when the bike is pointed downhill or when rolling along on a rocky or rooty trail.

The one caveat (and this may be a combination of my size and the settings on the fork currently) is that I really wish it rebounded faster on those fast little ditch-like dips in the trail. I have to stay way back on the bike to keep the fork from diving severely on those. But that may be more of a rider error then the fork.

If you've used Fox stuff before and liked it, my guess is you can't go wrong with this fork. The new Kashima coating and FIT system definitely make it a smoother operating fork. Its also quieter then my old fork. The thru axle gives it some confidence inspiring stiffness, but not as much as going to a 36mm stanchion fork would.

mtbr member
    I like it a lot. Its a huge improvement over the Float 32 100RL I had on my old bike. Much stiffer and confidence inspiring. I'm a big guy (280lbs) so there is some flex, but none that makes me concerned.
    Its hard to comment on its climbing ability. I came from a 100mm travel fork on an XC bike which was an awesome climber. The TransAM with this fork and a 50mm stem was too squirrely on any substantial incline. It climbed like a mountain goat with a 110mm stem, but that ended up with me too stretched out and hurt my back. I have a 75mm stem on it now and its pretty much dialed in and climbs really well. There is more bob in the front when Im standing and pedaling uphill, but that's because Im running the fork at a lower pressure and I am a really big dude. I guess I would rate the fork's climbing performance a 3.5 out of 5 when compared to the older fork, but it makes up for it in spades when the bike is pointed downhill or when rolling along on a rocky or rooty trail.

The one caveat (and this may be a combination of my size and the settings on the fork currently) is that I really wish it rebounded faster on those fast little ditch-like dips in the trail. I have to stay way back on the bike to keep the fork from diving severely on those. But that may be more of a rider error then the fork.

If you've used Fox stuff before and liked it, my guess is you can't go wrong with this fork. The new Kashima coating and FIT system definitely make it a smoother operating fork. Its also quieter then my old fork. The thru axle gives it some confidence inspiring stiffness, but not as much as going to a 36mm stanchion fork would.
    Wow, thanks a bunch for the review. I'm a lightweight (6' 160lb) but I am looking at a capable trail bike where I can climb really well but have some fun on the downhill without worrying about lightweight parts. This fork may just be it! Thanks again.
    2012 Intense M9
    2008 Look 595

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Wow, thanks a bunch for the review. I'm a lightweight (6' 160lb) but I am looking at a capable trail bike where I can climb really well but have some fun on the downhill without worrying about lightweight parts. This fork may just be it! Thanks again.
    I can't think of any reason why it wouldn't be a good choice for you. For me it works great even with the limited adjustability since I have to keep the pressure near the limit. Its only going to be that more stiff under a lighter ride. Unlike my last fork which I was always mindful of, this one works so smooth that I don't even think about it. It just does its job...quietly soaking up everything from trail chatter to big root ledge drops.

mtbr member
    Did you look at the Float 36? I'm 40 lbs lighter and loving mine on the TransAM. Zero flex and smooth like butta!!!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by eurospek View Post
    Did you look at the Float 36? I'm 40 lbs lighter and loving mine on the TransAM. Zero flex and smooth like butta!!!
    I know this wasn't totally directed at me but I'm debating between the two right now. All I have against the Float 36 is that it's a pound heavier which may not hinder my climbing too much but may not be necessary. I'd love to hear your impressions/opinions.
    2012 Intense M9
    2008 Look 595

fraid of heights
    Quote Originally Posted by spotlightcomm View Post
    Hey all,

We are part of the CAP 400 class at Grand Valley State University and we are doing a market survey of the bicycling community on behalf of Slingshot Bicycles. Please take a moment to fill out this survey for us about what you love about biking, as well as how you feel about Slingshot. The more honest you are , the better our results! Thanks a bunch!

tiny.cc/ue0io
    probably hit lots of threads with this survey? BUT Slingshot doesn't make any AM HT's... So you might get lots of other survey results like mine where I said I wouldn't buy a slingshot cause I don't think I'd trust jumping and dropping on one...
    Quote Originally Posted by the_owl
    Everytime you ride in mud, god kills a kitten.

mtbr member

29er hardtail w/ a modified Fox 36 Float

Banshee Paradox. 29er w/ a short chainstay & 36mm stanchion fork. Good times.

I actually have a Maxxis Ardent 2.4 on the front now. Great tire for a AM 29er.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by client_9 View Post

I never thought it would work with a "standard 26er fork"
    Banshee Paradox V2
    Santa Cruz Tallboy LT

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Helmetless View Post
    I never thought it would work with a "standard 26er fork"
    I had it modded.

Thread discussion here

w/ the 20mm axle and the 36mm stanchions providing stiffness, removing some of the arch is possible.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    sweet bikes can't wait to get mine so I can post it....

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by client_9 View Post

Nice, probably the first 29er I actually like and could ride myself too
    I've got a full suspensioned bike myself though I've got some kind of fetish for hardtails with over 140mm suspension, look so sick, and combine the privileges of hardtails with the privileges of long suspensioned FS:s.
    2011 Custom Transition TR250