Page 11 of 209 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 61 111 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Byookanun
    They only come in one color.

well that sortta puts them out of running, hoping for something in black or white ish...

Still a child inside...
    That Mountain Cycle is the winner, no doubt...

Shot Down in Flames...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Boi
    D-Rock! Very cool Ventana.

Thanks. I like it, a lot! Sherwood built it custom for me. I also have a singlespeed he built custom. Best handling bikes I've ever ridden.

D.

fnar fnar brrraaaaap
    Lynskey Ti- best hardtail i've ridden yet

Is that Bill rated?

Unfair advantage

This is my Dekerf Implant in one of its many guises. This frame has seen forks from rigid up to 7", 24" and 26" wheels, freeride burly parts and XC light parts and mixtures of all the above. It is always fun to ride and never holds me back from trying anything.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Well, it was a good try.

fnar fnar brrraaaaap
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Humongous
    This is my Dekerf Implant in one of its many guises. This frame has seen forks from rigid up to 7", 24" and 26" wheels, freeride burly parts and XC light parts and mixtures of all the above. It is always fun to ride and never holds me back from trying anything.

...even without pedals.....

Is that Bill rated?

You should see my feet

But seriously, I switch back and forth between clips and platforms.
    Well, it was a good try.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Too much free time and a bunch of extra parts laying around means new hardtail for me!!! So I decided to take a chance with a Sette Shadow frame and see what I could build up. I already had the Reba fork, drivetrain and wheelset, so all I really had to buy was the frame, brakes and seat/seatpost.

Build Summary: Sette Shadow frame, Reba 115mm fork, CC S-3 headset, BB7's 185f/160r, Alex ID19 rims, 1x9 w/LX mid-cage low normal derailleur, wellgo B-25 pedals and WTB Speed-V seat.

Ride Summary: my last three bikes have all been full suspension so its been a while since I have ridden a hardtail offroad. I was very pleasantly surprised, it rode solid and much more comfortable than I was expecting (with help from the Reba & SpeedV seat). I am still getting use to the tighter geometry and will play around with stem lengths but this will definitely be a fun play bike. Also, I normally only ride clipless so this was my first time on modern day flats and I really liked them, may have to experiment using them on my Heckler. Enough rambling, here are some pics.
    Attached Images Attached Images

fnar fnar brrraaaaap
    Quote Originally Posted by GTV8
    Too much free time and a bunch of extra parts laying around means new hardtail for me!!! So I decided to take a chance with a Sette Shadow frame and see what I could build up. I already had the Reba fork, drivetrain and wheelset, so all I really had to buy was the frame, brakes and seat/seatpost.

Build Summary: Sette Shadow frame, Reba 115mm fork, CC S-3 headset, BB7's 185f/160r, Alex ID19 rims, 1x9 w/LX mid-cage low normal derailleur, wellgo B-25 pedals and WTB Speed-V seat.

Ride Summary: my last three bikes have all been full suspension so its been a while since I have ridden a hardtail offroad. I was very pleasantly surprised, it rode solid and much more comfortable than I was expecting (with help from the Reba & SpeedV seat). I am still getting use to the tighter geometry and will play around with stem lengths but this will definitely be a fun play bike. Also, I normally only ride clipless so this was my first time on modern day flats and I really liked them, may have to experiment using them on my Heckler. Enough rambling, here are some pics.

VERY NICE Those rebas look like they have alot of travel...... how did you get 115mm? is it standard?

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ilostmypassword
    VERY NICE Those rebas look like they have alot of travel...... how did you get 115mm? is it standard?
    Its an 05' Reba Race that came stock with 115mm travel. It also has spacers to reduce to 100 or 85mm. I actually used it on my Heckler for awhile and it rode quite nice for mild singletrack. Not sure if the current Reba's can be adjusted to 115mm.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    looks pretty good for s spare bike...
    damn how nice it would be...

Mountain Cyclist
    Oct 2007
    my whip...
    (until the revx's snap and stab me in the shin)

fnar fnar brrraaaaap
    Quote Originally Posted by jrcxu
    my whip...
    (until the revx's snap and stab me in the shin)

that's an interesting looking ride mate! looks very clean- do you ride it off road?

what does it weigh?

mtbr member
    Hry jrcxu, that's an interesting fork. What's that?
    voycaminandoenlacallemirandoalasmuchachas mirandoalasmuchachas hayunasrubiasgraciosasmorenashermosasypreciosas

Mountain Cyclist
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ilostmypassword

that's an interesting looking ride mate! looks very clean- do you ride it off road?

what does it weigh?
    yeah thats the cleanest its looked in while. tires, seat/post and fork are pretty new though
    came in on my home scale around 26.5 lbs (w/ritchey v4 pedals)

the fork is a noleen crosslink ELT I got off ebay, new old stock. very different feel than the judy it replaced but I'm diggin it so far, much lighter too. wish it had more travel, but not bad for xc riding

Grand Poobah
    Oct 2005

Two of my hardtail bikes...

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    My new Trek 4300. Bone Stock.

fnar fnar brrraaaaap
    Quote Originally Posted by minus9

Two of my hardtail bikes...
    nice.. my blingometer is maxxed out

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Sweet Jackal! That bike looks like it can take some serious poopoo. Nice bashie as well.

Grand Poobah
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by croscoe
    Sweet Jackal! That bike looks like it can take some serious poopoo. Nice bashie as well.
    Thanks. I now have three of them in different sizes and BCDs.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    ^^^^^^^^^^

aren't bashguards also meant to protect yourself from getting squashed by the teeth of your chainring?
    your bashguards look almost more dangerous then the chainring....

but i have to say, they look SHARP...

Big Gulps, Alright!
    Quote Originally Posted by zephyr11
    aren't bashguards also meant to protect yourself from getting squashed by the teeth of your chainring?
    Mostly to protect the chainring's teeth from snapping off when you go over logs and whatnot...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by minus9
    Thanks. I now have three of them in different sizes and BCDs.

On those Yellow Turbines - I'd install the crank bolts for the granny ring - they are important to the structural integrity of those cranksets. Trust me.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    running a bash generally gives a bit better clearance too. But you shouldn't take logs on the chainring/bash anyway.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbyOCR
    running a bash generally gives a bit better clearance too. But you shouldn't take logs on the chainring/bash anyway.

Ya you should, thats why back in the day guards had teeth...so you could bite into the log and roll over without wrecking your big ring.

Page 11 of 209 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 61 111 ... LastLast