Page 104 of 209 FirstFirst ... 4 54 94 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 114 154 204 ... LastLast
Results 2,576 to 2,600 of 5210

Braugh Bro.
    Quote Originally Posted by juancho142 View Post
    or maybe "The burly-hardtail-with-forks-longer-than-100mm-and-slack-head-angles thread. Post up yours" Thatīs a cool name.
    Catchy.

rebmem rbtm
    Quote Originally Posted by lokomonkey View Post
    nice transformation! I envy (in a healthy way) your pike. How the bike ride before/after?
    Night and day
    Awesome and very plush, itīs a 2005 fork but in almost mint condition, needs a service tho.
    Was a bit afraid since apparently the 2005 pikes (this is a pike race which would be a 426) had the waffled arch but the previous owner used it for light D, AM and DJ so i guess iīll enjoy it the way it is. It kicks ass!

Today i had a chance to try it in the sierras in my country,,, awesome fork, hands down.

fraid of heights
    Quote Originally Posted by Helmetless View Post
    Let's change the name of the thread for God sake...
    Quote Originally Posted by Blksocks View Post
    The All Mountain Hardtail Thread.
    That would be a good idea, IS there a MOD in the house that can make that change?
    Quote Originally Posted by the_owl
    Everytime you ride in mud, god kills a kitten.

rebmem rbtm
    Here is my trail rippinī monster:

And this one is for the rough stuff, like DH and full-blown hardcore freeride:

I live in a mountain so theyīre all mountain.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Hammerschmidt is up and running on my Alpine. Awesome!!!!
    Just had to tell somebody......

fraid of heights
    [B]
    I get it, it's like a visual commentary about the boundless futility of mans quest to know what lies within the boundaries beyond truly knowing oneself without really even knowing the concept of selflessness. Powerful stuff man... Keep livin the dream...

I wonder how often they get non content related rigs posted in the DH forums and then they say, "I ride it down the hill, so it's DH".

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by stiingya View Post
    I wonder how often they get non content related rigs posted in the DH forums and then they say, "I ride it down the hill, so it's DH".
    Repped man.

Just got word that my Snyder is done and back from PC. Seth is going to be pressing the headset and installing the fork this weekend but doubt I'll have time to get anything else done to it until after New Years.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    hardtail bieks r awesome1

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    nice cervelo man! haha

mtbr member
    This used to be such an awesome thread, every time I got a notice of a new post, I'd pop in to see what somebody was using to smash their way over rocks and roots. Look at the pages up to recently and it's what it's supposed to be - pics, some specs, some "i like it", "that's cool", etc. I mean, it's called "post your hardtails" - not argue about your hardtails. There's plenty of places to argue about what's all-mountain, etc - this was a thread that was more gallery than petty argument. Sad.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011

finally!!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by innate View Post
    This used to be such an awesome thread, every time I got a notice of a new post, I'd pop in to see what somebody was using to smash their way over rocks and roots. Look at the pages up to recently and it's what it's supposed to be - pics, some specs, some "i like it", "that's cool", etc. I mean, it's called "post your hardtails" - not argue about your hardtails. There's plenty of places to argue about what's all-mountain, etc - this was a thread that was more gallery than petty argument. Sad.

eBiker
    This thread is titled "The hardtail thread. Post up yours"

What makes this thread great is all the pics of the bikes.

What makes this thread suck, is all the BS about what is and what isn't AM.

If you are not posting up pics, start a new thread.

mtbr member
    Not going to post a pic of my Gt Avalanche, it's not all-mountain. I do want to get an all mountain hardtail. Any suggestions on one that is already built not interested in DIY.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    I get my boards at Lux-RC.com

rebmem rbtm
    Quote Originally Posted by FARTHAMMER View Post
    Not going to post a pic of my Gt Avalanche, it's not all-mountain. I do want to get an all mountain hardtail. Any suggestions on one that is already built not interested in DIY.
    Actually it depends, 2010-2011 gt avalanche is classified as Trail/AM bike and the avalanche Expert comes w/a 140mm rockshox sektor fork upfront. The HA is 68,5 and the SA is 73,5°, thatīs a good geo in my book. What avalanche modeldo you have?

fraid of heights
    Actually it depends, 2010-2011 gt avalanche is classified as Trail/AM bike and the avalanche Expert comes w/a 140mm rockshox sektor fork upfront. The HA is 68,5 and the SA is 73,5°, thatīs a good geo in my book. What avalanche modeldo you have?
    FYI, the GT Avy build/Geo and XC/trail/AM intent is dependent on the country your in. For instance, in the US the 2010 expert had a 80-120 fork on it and was built more xc/trail. Whereas, in the US, for 2011 they didn't make an Expert, but had the "Avalanche X", and it was built up like the bike you mention above and intended for AM with flat pedals, 180mm rotors, and Maxxis high rollers. With the rest of the 11' bikes running 120 forks and built for XC.

Edit/the below info was for Farthammer... lol, what a name...

BUT, all the 2010/11 Avalanche "frames" are the same. So drop on a 140mm fork and you'll get the above geometry. (well I'm not 100% certain on GT's geometry charts? But you should get decent AM geo! ) Course if the rest of the parts on your bike are meant for XC they will wear out faster and be more prone to failure if you start riding more aggressively due to the more forgiving/stable geometry and added suspension...

But just upgrade when something breaks!!!

fraid of heights
    I meant to include you in the above post on the GT Avy info. Obviously that guy already knows that stuff cause he already started modifying his Avalanche...

rebmem rbtm
    Thanks stiingya
    The parts in the Avalanche are for XC except in the "X" model as you say, which even has a 2x9 config w/bashguard and flat pedals. Also, the avalanche frames are beefy enough and, let me say itīs HEAVY AS HELL. My bike weighs in at 14,3 kgs with a RS Pike up front.

FYI 2006 avalanche was pretty beefy and the 2006 avalanche pro model was set up for trail/AM-ish use also, it even had a slacker HA (66,5°) w/130mm Recon 327. Hereīs the link: GT Avalanche Pro - BikeRadar

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Before you buy anything look at transition bikes. Their trans-am is amazing. Super fun bike. Also they have a great lifetime warranty and amazing customer service. I cannot begin to express the respect I have for these guys. Good luck

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Transition Bikes!!! View Post
    Before you buy anything look at transition bikes. Their trans-am is amazing. Super fun bike. Also they have a great lifetime warranty and amazing customer service. I cannot begin to express the respect I have for these guys. Good luck
    TransAM looks like this.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The All Mountain Hardtail Thread. Post up yours.-11-2.jpg  

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    First snow ride of the year.

1/2" of icy snow over fallen leaves over rocks = sloppy fun!

Not sure if want?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Franken AM Hardtail

Built this bike years ago with spare parts I was too lazy to sell on ebay. Only thing I bought was the frame and recently went 720mm bar and 60 mm stem to match my 2 FS AM Bikes.

2008 Access XCL Frame
    2004 Fox Float RLC 100mm PUSH'd dialed in and maintained
    2004 Full XT Drivetrain
    2005 WTB Rocket Saddle
    2004 Rockshox suspension seatpost
    2005 Hayes Mag brakes
    2006 Mavic Crosstrail UST Wheelset
    Maxxis 2.35 UST LUST Ignitor tires with Stan's
    720mm Sette riser handlebar

This bike is fun to ride! When I get tired of just rolling over terrain with my FS bikes, I pull out this weapon and refresh some handling skills. It's all good
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The All Mountain Hardtail Thread. Post up yours.-ht.jpg  

fraid of heights
    Wish I still had it, DIY is the way to go!~