Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

All mountain hard tail guys... rolling 26, 27.5 or 29 this year?

18K views 86 replies 51 participants last post by  kelticknotts 
#1 ·
what direction are you guys going this year with the three wheel sizes... seems like its dominated by 26? what are your thoughts.

#7 ·
I'm thinking about trying some 27.5"s on my 26" Curtlo. By all accounts 650x2.3's will clear fine, raise the BB 1/2" or less. Dropping the fork 20mm will bring the BB back down 1/4" and steepen the head angle slightly, which is a good thing with bigger wheels. Geometry is nearly identical to the chromag, so it's an option for you....nice to have options!

#31 ·
Is anyone even making a production all mountain 650b specific frame yet? [/QUOTE]

Scott has a Genius 700 series out this year. I have heard that they are wicked fast!

#34 ·
Just picking on you here but...........................

Canfield Nimple nine
Chain Stay Length - 16.25-16.9″

Kona Honzo
Chain Stay Length- 16.3"

.05" matters, ask my ex girlfriend haha
Duly noted, BUT I never cross shopped with the Nimble9. While the geometry may be there, it lacks other important AM features I was looking for, most importantly a 44mm headtube and dropper post friendly sized seat tube, its 27.2mm size is limited to what, only one dropper post?

#38 ·
I have a new lyrik that came off my enduro and I've been thinking about building up a light am ht I can use in xc races too. It fits a 650b front wheel but I think a 29er will be the better racer. Are there any 650b frames out there that are 66-67 degree hta? Maybe I should stick to the 26" hoops. Soon theyre going to be the next cool thing!!!!!

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.