Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    mtbr member

All mountain flat pedals

[SIZE=2]We really need a finishing kit forum, anyway I have Shimano DX flat pedals now and they have been great for a year and have only just started to loosen up and get a good spin going but I was wondering if you guys think they are good pedals cos I havenít compared them to any others.

Are the flat pedals bellow any good? And are they better than the DXís? Iím all ears if you have any other suggestions that donít cost a bomb, thanks in advance!

[/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Must admit I'm liking my Gussett slim jims, longer pins and 5:10's for incredible grip!

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    lovin my flatboys, look hard and you should be able to get them for a good price...
    check out great video coverage of anything mtb (well almost).

http://www.mtbcut.tv

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Atomic aircorps, fairly light, pretty thin and really good grip. been using them for all my riding for almost 4 years now (1 pair!)

mtbr member
    Hey, if you like what you have then don't change. I love my 50/50's but pedals are a personal thing. If you like what you are using that I say go for it. imo for what it's worth.
    Beer, a Pork Chop in every can!

mtbr member
    All look pretty good if this is the type of pedal you're looking for. I have Wellgo B77s and CB 5050's on my bikes. I love 'em both.

mtbr member
    Gussett slim jims, Iíll add them to my list to go and touch up in my LBS.

[SIZE=2]Duckkiller, they would be for a new bike so Iíd keep the DXís as they are really nice.

So has anyone had those Truvativís?
    [/SIZE]

nnn
    mtbr member
    DXs are pretty legendary pedals I wouldn't let em go if I had any. DMR V12s for me
    "Life begins at 140" Richard Burns
    http://www.nikolay-k.com

mtbr member
    [SIZE=2]Thatís one vote for the V12's then, like I mentioned in the last post I wont be getting rid of the DXís, I have them on 2 bikes, I was just wondering what else there is for my next bike.

On a completely unrelated subject I have just ordered my SDG Bel-Air in white and black for my next bike.
    [/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    I definitely have a soft spot for the DX pedals, it is a shame that the pins are a bit on the narrow side. Too easy to smash them up, but then again I rip pins out of other pedals.

Another option is the Welgo MG1 pedals, these are light! I have only heard good things about them, though some pedals with a lower profile may have a better feel. They might not be what you are looking for, but worth considering (and I do believe they are fully rebuild-able, though don't quote me on it).

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    I have NC-17 MG Magnesium pedals. They are great. Light (ca. 380g) and grippy.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    I'm rockin the kona wah-wahs you have pictured and they are sweet. Insane grip, light, and low profile. They also shred your shins like nobody's business.

mtbr member
    [SIZE=2][SIZE=2]Yeah, Iím leaning towards the Konaís more DXís and I donít like the what he has to say about Truvativís pedals: [/SIZE][SIZE=2]http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=398575[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]I was under the impression from other riders that the CB 50/50ís arenít that good because they have no dip in the centre for the shoe to sit in and the lower model it pretty much useless cos of the bearings, a bit like DMR V8, people say they smooth out but they never do.
    [/SIZE][/SIZE]

mtbr member
    I recommented Holzfellers. Using them for third season now and not have any problems Also look at Ringle ZU ZU. This pedals have a little more grip with your shoes, than Holz.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    i have wellgo MG-1's and i ride just with a set of vans usually and i like them. might e looking into 5 10's soon to get that extra grip without the clip
    '99 Giant XTC DS2 - Sold
    '08 Giant Rincon

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/8812/dsc00541fr5.jpg

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    odessey trail mix's. cheap and light. They just look good too.

mtbr member
    [SIZE=2]What do you think of the Straitline pedals? Apparently they have polymer bearings.[SIZE=2]
    [/SIZE][/SIZE]

Its got what plants crave
    I think I'm going to try either the Wah Wahs or Straitlines.

The plough
    I use Wellgo MG-1 as well. They grip well, are slightly concave and do not mind getting bashed into rocks.

The finish rubs off, but the base metal is that lustrous looking magnesium so the overall look is not cheap and nasty, just "hardcore".

V.

thread crapper
    Feb 2008

Straitlines...

My buddy has a set of Straitline's on his Iron Horse Sunday WC and they're friggin awesome. I've been running Ringle Zu Zu's for a while and they're good, I just need something wider, anyone know who makes a wider pedal. I have big feet.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    EGF, I'd suggest the Wellgo MG-1's...super reliable and very light (relatively speaking), I'd also suggest (for a bit more) the V-12 Mags....if you turn into a weight weenie later you can always upgrade to the ti spindle too! Those are the only two I'd consider for the kind of riding suggested by your other posts and your bikes' setup

mtbr member
    OK, for a new bike, cannot go wrong. Crank Bros does not make a bad product.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Beer, a Pork Chop in every can!

mtbr member
    I run the MG-1's on one bike and the Shimano DX's on the other. I wish the DX's had the thru bolts instead of the smaller set screws, but other than that both feel good underfoot.
    All mountain bikes are all-mountain bikes.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    I run DMR V12's, I've now had them for 6 yrs (not full time riding but have done a lot) and they are as good as they came out of the box, well other then scratches and missing pins.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by CATman01
    I run DMR V12's, I've now had them for 6 yrs (not full time riding but have done a lot) and they are as good as they came out of the box, well other then scratches and missing pins.
    [SIZE=2]Same here!

[/SIZE]

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast